[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Riley Cooper Career Suicide

Cowboyz1

The problem is we have the boy who cried wolf story going on so much with the word racism. you bring up that black males are committing over 50 percent of the murders even tho they only make up 10 percent of the population you are a racist. you bring up low testing in black schools and you are a are a racist. you bring up the black crime rates you are a racist. and you know what does make people racist? when people use their race as a crutch.

I mean we can all agree Cooper was stupid for saying it. but to end his career? over 1 word? anyone who thinks this is not using their head but using there heart.

Slavery is over with . if you keep looking backwards you will trip over what is in front of you.

Facts are facts. I have no problem with them being stated. Discovering the why is more important.

I thought I was clear, Cooper's career will not be ended by Coaches, owners or the NFL commish. It will be ended because he lost the benefit of the doubt. Who is willing to take a chance that he may blow again or mess up their locker room. Like my 3rd grade example, Mrs. Gibbs could give me the best apology there could be and go the extra mile to earn my forgiveness, however, given the choice to be in her class again. I would decline 100% of the time because why take the chance.

I don't feel sorry for him at all because unlike others, he can live his life out without ever having to be around black people again if he so chooses. Sadly enough He'll be fine because I'm quite sure there are those out there that will help him because of what he did. I hope I'm wrong but we'll just have to wait and see.

Facts are facts. I have no problem with them being stated. Discovering the why is more important.

I thought I was clear, Cooper's career will not be ended by Coaches, owners or the NFL commish. It will be ended because he lost the benefit of the doubt. Who is willing to take a chance that he may blow again or mess up their locker room. Like my 3rd grade example, Mrs. Gibbs could give me the best apology there could be and go the extra mile to earn my forgiveness, however, given the choice to be in her class again. I would decline 100% of the time because why take the chance.

I don't feel sorry for him at all because unlike others, he can live his life out without ever having to be around black people again if he so chooses. Sadly enough He'll be fine because I'm quite sure there are those out there that will help him because of what he did. I hope I'm wrong but we'll just have to wait and see.

We know the why. its been discovered a long time ago . it has to do with fathers not being there for their children.

If you think the N word is the worst thing going on inside that clubhouse you are once again mistaken.

You should feel sorry for him. if you were a rich football player and got a buzz and and said something stupid and the whole world made it in to a bigger deal than it is you would sure be hoping someone would be feeling sorry for you.

Say your Catholic and work in an office with 70% Jews, can you still work together even if you have different view points? What makes that different than Cooper, he has a different view point, but in the end it is still a job. Their job is football, you should be able to do a job with people with varying views and not hate them.

I state OJ was a murderer to. you wanna argue that 1 as well?

So I take this deflection to mean you can't answer the question? I figured that to be true. Let me know when you're ready to solve your next crime, Inspector Clousseau.

Yes he did. I don't like Rappers or comedians that use that word either.

I liked cowboyz post and agree with the sentiment. When you mentioned comedians, however, I thought of a Chris rock joke where I didn't cringe at the use. I think the difference was that the joke didn't seem to be encouraging its repeated casual use. I'm sure other comedians with less talent use it too much as a crutch.

The sad thing is how ignorant many of us minorities are and can be that we would call each other the same word that is used to degrade us and dehumanize us in the past. That is the great atrocity. It's as if we as blacks have no more self respect then to dehumanize each other by using the very tactic used against us. It would be like Germans greeting each other by saying "What up my Nazi". You don't see whites walking up to each other saying " what up my Cracker" or Japanese "what up my slanty eyed fortune cookie eaten mother fkr" or Chinese "what up my Cink".

This is exactly how I greet my wife when I come home from work every day!

:rofl:

I kid, I kid...

If the Eagles released Cooper for this I would be surprised. We are talking about the team that signed a dog torturing sick sack of chives.

But the difference here, and reason they may decide to let him go, is because of the divide and animosity it causes in the locker room.

Hell, this probably isn't going to end well for Cooper even if he's not released. I can't imagine a worse profession to out yourself as a racist in, outside of maybe prison guard.

I'm a lurker. Don't think I've logged in to the boards in over a year. Furthermore, I usually weigh CD's opinion heavily. This statement is asinine. Cooper has been working (I assume his ass off) for years at this profession. When we allow, or even want, an American to lose their livelihood based on what the majority believes to be a "dumbass statement", we are effectively changing the core of our country. I don't give a sh!t what color, sexuality, religion, belief or statement you have, you are entitled to it. Doesn't mean I like you, doesn't mean I won't have statements about you, doesn't mean I have to agree with you. But you aren't in China. (how do I turn off italics? how did I turn on italics?) If you aren't physically damaging another, it is your right. I think you are speaking from emotion CD, not the logic you typically employ. hmmm...now that I think about it, rooting for the Chiefs isn't logical in the first place.

Speaking from sarcasm more than emotion. In this world, for someone who works in an environment like he does, to go out and say something like that is so stupid on his part. I guess I should have used the sarcasm emoticon, judging by the reactions from everyone here.

This post proves there are a ton of dumb people in this world, and I'm not just talking about Riley Cooper.

Just curious -

1. Dumb because I like Chris rock?

2. Dumb because it's impossible for a comedian to use his act to get people to think about how they use certain words?

3. Dumb because I messed up how to quote and reply on my phone?

4. So dumb I couldn't possibly follow the wisdom contained in your response?

So I take this deflection to mean you can't answer the question? I figured that to be true. Let me know when you're ready to solve your next crime, Inspector Clousseau.

That was not a deflection it was a reference. and if you answered that question truthfully you would of answered the question you asked me.

Say your Catholic and work in an office with 70% Jews, can you still work together even if you have different view points? What makes that different than Cooper, he has a different view point, but in the end it is still a job. Their job is football, you should be able to do a job with people with varying views and not hate them.

A. Not all views have equal validity.

B. It's not "just a job," it's a profession in which you need to have absolute trust of your teammates, and one in which your bonds with your co-workers are much stronger than in almost any other profession. When you utter that word in a hateful way and about 75% of your teammates are black, it's a HUGE problem.

Your point strikes me as incredibly naive.

This is exactly how I greet my wife when I come home from work every day!

I kid, I kid...

I always use what dude said in dumber and dumberer when they thought that chinese girl could not speak english. " ching chong chingity chong"

Viewpoint? Uhmm I don't think what Cooper said was a "Viewpoint" and your analogy is way off. Religious beliefs and using a racial slur are two very different things. Sure Catholics and Jews can work well together and do. However, if the catholic you speak of yells out "Heil Hitler" and snaps his heels together while thrusting his right arm up in the middle of the lunch room, and calls one of his jewish co workers a "Jewish Dog" he's going to have problems at the workplace. In fact, I suspect even after an apology he'll find it difficult to get invites for Taco Tuesday. I mean can they really trust the guy anymore.

So it really has nothing to do with a persons "View's" as you say, unless you feel yelling racial slurs in public, as just voicing your point of view. If so, he should have keep his point of view to himself.

Edited by Cowboyz1

Just curious -

1. Dumb because I like Chris rock?

2. Dumb because it's impossible for a comedian to use his act to get people to think about how they use certain words?

3. Dumb because I messed up how to quote and reply on my phone?

4. So dumb I couldn't possibly follow the wisdom contained in your response?

So dumb that you thought I was specifically responding to you? Hey, if it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck.

I understand your angst, but I think you're blowing this way out of proportion.

I don't feel sorry for him at all because unlike others, he can live his life out without ever having to be around black people again if he so chooses.

Now you're judging him as a racist.

Sadly enough He'll be fine because I'm quite sure there are those out there that will help him because of what he did. I hope I'm wrong but we'll just have to wait and see.

Little bit of history. I dated an Ethiopian woman many years ago. As a white male, I remember going into Ethiopian restaurants and being the only white guy in there. The men would give me the look... odd, as I'd never been exposed to that. Do I feel your pain? No, but I know what "the look" looks like.

I was in her place the night of the OJ verdict. Her brothers (and two of their friends) all cheered when it was announced. I was appalled, but in the conversation that came afterwards I understood them. Her brother told me how me was pulled over and taken to jail one night because there was a robbery in the area. He showed the cop his time card. He was working nights and just driving home... he spent 4 days in jail, all because he was black.

In a nutshell, what Cooper did was direct his anger at one group of people. If you were drunk, and a band of Mexican gang bangers threatened you, and you unleashed the B word, it would be targeted at the segment of Spanish descendants who you were threatened by. If you called them "pee-drinking crap faces" (Sand box reference), your anger would be focused on that threat.

Was he right... no, not in any way shape or form. Was he wrong, absolutely, as his drunken insult reached pain he has no knowledge of. Is he a racist, not based on this IMO, as he chose the words that would inflict the most harm. He was drunk and he screwed up. That doesn't make him a racist IMO, but a drunken ignorant fool.

I wish, as Americans, we can all get past this stereotypical hate. It will come someday, probably when we're all dead, but racism is nothing but ignorance. If it's seen as ignorance, then one should pity this fool's ignorance. When you place judgment, you have to include yourself in the mix. Have you used the "F" word in describing a gay person? Equally as painful IMO, and while it doesn't make what he did tolerable, it's just a function of a drunken fool.

Edited by Thews40
  • Like 1

saw a few interviews of his teammates on espn today..avant and someone else. it appears he's going to survive with the team after all. imagine that..

honestly, why wouldn't he. he said a very insulting word while drunk. he made a mistake, everyone needs to move on and play ball. christ where i grew up, that word was used in play of bro, dude, etc all the time, by white, black, spanish, etc. people just love to make more of it than it is.

Edited by irish