[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is the #1 pick really the best pick? 12 Team standard scoring league

FBI

What's going on fellas. I have been a member for years now and I keep coming back because of the great opinions and advice shared on this site and in the forums. My draft lottery is tomorrow and I wanted to get some insight... I am in a 12 team standard scoring league, non keeper, snake draft. We start 1 Qb, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1K, and 1Team Defense just to give you and idea. My question is... Is the #1 pick truely the best pick or in your opinion is middle of the road or late a better option this year? If I draw number 1 that means I get to pick first what spot I want to draft in it doesn't mean that I have to be the #1 pick. Just curious to see what you guys have seen with drafts that have already taken place this year.Thanks in advance.

I think the 4th and 5th picks are the best this year, at least in a 12 team league.

The best strategy this year, like most are to go RB RB your first two picks. With the 4th and 5th picks you are looking at J. Charles, D.Martin, and T.Richardson. Maybe Spiller as well. In the 2nd round the picks are the 20th and 21st. At this point you are at the end of the good RBs. Here you might get anyone from SJax to Ridley, to R. Bush to L. Miller. I think if you pick #1 overall and take AP you can only expect David Wilson, DeMarco Murray, or McFadden left of the top starting RBs.

If you pick later in the draft, like #7 or #8, your 2nd round pick is in the beginning of the round. In the beginning of the 2nd round there are a lot more WRs with better value than RBs.

Edited by Wiseman155

I would def take the #1 spot. My entire reasoning is because you get AP. Ap is by far the most valuable weapon in Fantasy this year. If you happen to not get the #1 spot then I say go as late as you can. This way you will get 2 stud positions players(RB/WR) that will give you a big advantage over guys in the front half. So #1 is best since u get AP, then I'd take the end of the draft order after that

Don't over think it or talk yourself out of the obvious AP is worth #1 over all in majority of formats, definitely 12 team standard scoring... it's a long wait for your #2 guy but you get two so you need to make the most of it with another RB and WR..

Being you have to start 3 WR and no flex they will go a tad higher in your draft. I think the 1 is perfect as you get a stud RB and then on the 2/3 swing around you can take 2 excellent WR'S in the mold of Fitzgerald,Cobb, A.Johnson or Roddie White.

I think any pick is good, with the #1 pick you get the most players withing the top 25...

First you get Peterson, then you can either stack up at RB and go RB/RB at the turn or get a Top 5 WR.

I have mocked from #1 spot and liked my team every time, sometimes i go rb/rb/rb or sometimes rb/rb/wr.

I like it and having AP it always nice.

Good luck.

I see the top 3 backs as all fairly equal and my top 3 are AP, Martin, and Charles. I would chose the 3rd spot to guarantee that I get one of them and still have as early a 2nd round draft position as possible. With 3 WR rather than a flex, I'd definitely go WR with my 2nd pick and maybe again with my 3rd depending on who's there.