[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Preseason week 1

3rd and schlong

The title also reads "preseason week 1", so it should be self explanatory as to what I mean by "it's football season now".

You mad bruh?

Din't think it would hit such a nerve.

But yeah, like I said, I play a lot of $5, 5-team leagues on FanDuel, so if you wanna be included amongst those anxious to donate to my Christmas fund, be my guest!

Steven Jackson was involved in 7 of the Falcons' first 10 offensive plays.

Giovani Bernard had 44 yards on 13 touches, but BJGE isn't going away, posting 14 yards on 3 carries.

John Skelton had a QB rating of 158.3. Where was THAT last year?

Isaiah Pead all but removed himself from contention for the starting RB position with one lost fumble on three rush attempts; draft Daryl Richardson with confidence.

Where was Tavon Austin? The other Austin (Pettis) was listed as a starter but had no catches.

Dion Lewis looks to be the T-Rich handcuff.

Weeden, Gordon, Little and Cameron all looked to be in synch and effective.

Start any RB facing the Redskins' defense. Chris Johnson and Shonn Greene both had long TD runs.

The Titans rush defense wasn't much better. Royster and Helu combined for 119 yards on 27 carries.

Colin Kaepernick went 4 for 4 on his first drive, including a 12 yard pass to Vernon and two passes totaling 14 yards to Boldin. He also ran for a 6 yard gain and a first down.

I've told you to keep an eye on Julius Thomas. In the absence of Tamme and Dreessen, Thomas started, and was the Broncos leading receiver (and the recipient of the first of Manning's two completions).

Christine Michael kinda kicked butt with the first team offense. Not that Lynch's job is in jeopardy this year or anything... but they may have something for the future.

Russell Wilson was as elusive as ever.

Antonio Gates din't play long, but he had 1 catch for 20 yards.

• Like 2

Steven Jackson got touches but looked horrible, no burst, no speed, and didn't look interested. Maybe it's because it's preaseason, or maybe he lost a step.

I thought this myself and just chalked it up to preseason....but if I see that a couple more times he'll move down a bit. His o-line getting lit up as well contributed on at least 1 play I saw. It was the Bengals defense so factor that in as well but he kinda looked like......yeah, I'm gonna say it - Michael Turner.

Another thing with Steven Jackson - has he bulked up like a madman? I'm talking un-naturally David Boston bulked up.

Edited by stethant

Baby Jane..you take a lot of abuse here at the Huddle most of which is no fault of your own..but I will say you give very solid advice and analysis of all things fantasy football...

Looks like AssElf has himself an admirer, or secret lover.

No fault of his own? You cannot be serious, the guy has the most condescending attitude I've every seen. He knows everything and all the experts are wrong. He has zero credibility and rarely offers any good fantasy advice (I have him on ignore now and rarely read his posts). He just bloviates about things, and if you question him he acts like the supreme master who should not be questioned. OK, his post #10 in this thread does actually have some useful info, that's like one in 900+ posts.

You'd have to be blind to think he has not brought the abuse he takes on himself.

Edited by stevegrab
  • Like 1

Browns offense with the starting unit looked pretty good. Lewis ran well, Weeden threw well, the WR/TE played pretty well too. On one play Weeden threw to Jordan Cameron (TE) the ball went off his hands (should have been caught) up into the air a few yards away. Greg Little played it like an outfielder, hardly had to move then outlept the defenders for the ball.

Travis Benjamine ran a punt back 91 yards for a TD, very impressive return and was never touched. The guy is dangerous in the open field, will be interesting to see how much they use him as a WR (probably #4/5).

Browns defense looked pretty good, but still rather vanilla in the first preseason game. Was surprised to see Barkevious Mingo playing on special teams, wonder if he'll do that most of the year.

They also got a nice turnover on a running play where Phil Taylor knocked the ball out from Pead as he tackled him.

I know its only preseason, and the Rams are not exactly a top NFL team, but it was nice to see the Browns play well (and lose anybody with an injury).

Actually I didn't word that correctly. .His abuse is brought on by himself..but I have found a lot of his imput very sound when he gives serious advice. no denying he has many issues..I come here for good advice and don't care who gives it..

OK, gotcha. I don't care who I get the advice from either, but at this point I'd rather ignore his posts and miss that one nugget of info than wade through all his childish nonsense.

• Like 1

Browns offense with the starting unit looked pretty good. Lewis ran well, Weeden threw well, the WR/TE played pretty well too. On one play Weeden threw to Jordan Cameron (TE) the ball went off his hands (should have been caught) up into the air a few yards away. Greg Little played it like an outfielder, hardly had to move then outlept the defenders for the ball.

Travis Benjamine ran a punt back 91 yards for a TD, very impressive return and was never touched. The guy is dangerous in the open field, will be interesting to see how much they use him as a WR (probably #4/5).

Browns defense looked pretty good, but still rather vanilla in the first preseason game. Was surprised to see Barkevious Mingo playing on special teams, wonder if he'll do that most of the year.

They also got a nice turnover on a running play where Phil Taylor knocked the ball out from Pead as he tackled him.

I know its only preseason, and the Rams are not exactly a top NFL team, but it was nice to see the Browns play well (and lose anybody with an injury).

I agree that Weeden and the offense looked good. It will be really interesting to see if this continues.

A general question about the preseason and the defensive approach team's take. Do teams tend to run a vanilla defense for the entire pre-season? Or do they start breaking out some of their more exotic looks at some point? I'm interested to see how Weeden does when the pre-snap reads might not be as obvious.

A general question about the preseason and the defensive approach team's take. Do teams tend to run a vanilla defense for the entire pre-season? Or do they start breaking out some of their more exotic looks at some point? I'm interested to see how Weeden does when the pre-snap reads might not be as obvious.

DCs are notoriously conservative in their scheming during PS. There are exceptions - I would consider Horton one of them - but for the most part DCs don't want to tip their hands and won't do more complex stuff unless the other team pisses them off. They don't want OCs prepared for their most valued tricks when the real games start.

Steven Jackson was involved in 7 of the Falcons' first 10 offensive plays.

Giovani Bernard had 44 yards on 13 touches, but BJGE isn't going away, posting 14 yards on 3 carries.

John Skelton had a QB rating of 158.3. Where was THAT last year?

Isaiah Pead all but removed himself from contention for the starting RB position with one lost fumble on three rush attempts; draft Daryl Richardson with confidence.

Where was Tavon Austin? The other Austin (Pettis) was listed as a starter but had no catches.

Dion Lewis looks to be the T-Rich handcuff.

Weeden, Gordon, Little and Cameron all looked to be in synch and effective.

Start any RB facing the Redskins' defense. Chris Johnson and Shonn Greene both had long TD runs.

The Titans rush defense wasn't much better. Royster and Helu combined for 119 yards on 27 carries.

Colin Kaepernick went 4 for 4 on his first drive, including a 12 yard pass to Vernon and two passes totaling 14 yards to Boldin. He also ran for a 6 yard gain and a first down.

I've told you to keep an eye on Julius Thomas. In the absence of Tamme and Dreessen, Thomas started, and was the Broncos leading receiver (and the recipient of the first of Manning's two completions).

Christine Michael kinda kicked butt with the first team offense. Not that Lynch's job is in jeopardy this year or anything... but they may have something for the future.

Russell Wilson was as elusive as ever.

Antonio Gates din't play long, but he had 1 catch for 20 yards.

Axually, 66 of Michael's 89 yards came in the second half, and he only had one carry longer than three yards with the starters. He looked very much the lost rookie with the first unit. He repeatedly ran into places where there wasn't a hole, put his head down, and got 1-3 yards. Don't get me wrong, I like the kid a lot, but he should not be on anybody's fantasy roster unless you're on a deep enough team to draft a guy who is going to battle for a backup role.