[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Most productive 29yo+ RB?

Not_A_Guru

Out of these 4, which RB do you see being more valuable this season, and which do you see dropping off the most?

Frank Gore, SF 49ers

2012 Standard scoring avg: 11.9

Steven Jackson, ATL Falcons

2012 Standard scoring avg: 9.4

Darren Sproles, NO Saints

2012 Standard scoring avg: 8.2

Deangelo Williams, CAR Panthers

2012 Standard scoring avg: 7.4

**** This is non-PPR scoring

EDIT: All these players are 30yrs old

Edited by Not_A_Guru

I'd say Sproles since he's never been a bruiser, and probably has the least amount of tear on him. And Deangelo is becoming more of a one year wonder each year.

it's a non-ppr league so sproles is the least likely to have value in this system along with williams. the majority of sproles' value comes from receptions. steven jackson is probably the most valuable in this system as he's in a potent offense and will do less sharing than gore.

Edited by irish

With the shedding of RBs in NO I think Sproles has a better shot, given he doesn't take the hits the others do, at 1000/10 TDs. SJax hasn't hit ten TDs in 7 seasons, yet Sproles has pushed that number the last two, and has less competition than in years past there. If any of the others beat him statisically in 2013, I'd bet it was Gore. He has the best track record but a ton of mileage.

With the shedding of RBs in NO I think Sproles has a better shot, given he doesn't take the hits the others do, at 1000/10 TDs. SJax hasn't hit ten TDs in 7 seasons, yet Sproles has pushed that number the last two, and has less competition than in years past there. If any of the others beat him statisically in 2013, I'd bet it was Gore. He has the best track record but a ton of mileage.

Sproles will get no where near 1000 rushing. He may get the 10 TD's with most of them on the rec end.

It's down to Gore and SJax for me.

both have a ton of mileage.

SF has said they'd want to rest Gore more

Jackson is in a new system that likes to throw a lot.

I'd go Gore but actually I'd want none of them.

Sproles will get no where near 1000 rushing. He may get the 10 TD's with most of them on the rec end.

I think he's referring to 1000 yds rush/rec combined. Maybe not.

I'm going with Sproles for the same rationale. I see Sproles as an integral part of the passing game, and as long as Brees is throwing there will be a lot of room for Sproles to operate.

Really seeing SJax being overvalued. I would bet a dime to a dollar that ATL is going to reduce his workload and let Jacquizz soak up some touches while they do everything in their power to keep Jackson fresh for the playoffs.

Gore looks like he's getting used up and near the end of his rope also. Commendable career given what happened to him in college.

DWill also is looking like Father Time is about to bitchslap him.

Edited by Bronco Billy

I think he's referring to 1000 yds rush/rec combined. Maybe not.

I'm going with Sproles for the same rationale. I see Sproles as an integral part of the passing game, and as long as Brees is throwing there will be a lot of room for Sproles to operate.

Really seeing SJax being overvalued. I would bet a dime to a dollar that ATL is going to reduce his workload and let Jacquizz soak up some touches while they do everything in their power to keep Jackson fresh for the playoffs.

Gore looks like he's getting used up and near the end of his rope also. Commendable career given what happened to him in college.

DWill also is looking like Father Time is about to bitchslap him.

Combined rushing and rec yes. That is very well within Sproles range with the offense run here in NOLA.

Combined rushing and rec yes. That is very well within Sproles range with the offense run here in NOLA.

Yeah, combined for sure. Dude barely gets 500 yards rushing each year, not sure what anyone else thought I was referring to. Yards is yards for that guy. Ingram's the bruiser and Thomas backs him up, not Sproles. Sproles will be money.

Best odds at finishing as a top 5 - Steven Jackson. I won't be drafting him because round 2 is too early for an aging RB. But he has the best shot at being "elite".

Best value - by far it's Dwill. So far in redrafts, I've been riding Dwill harder than a whore on nickel night. I can't get enough of him in rounds 11+. Stewart hasn't even sniffed the field since last year. The Panthers, finally found their running game late in the season. Dwill is the sole starter right now in CAR and until Jstew shows he's healthy, it's going to be Dwill. I just think getting a lone starting RB in round 11 is insane value, regardless of your thoughts on Dwill. This guy has shown elite ability when given consistent carries.

I was just doing some research and here is what I found:

Since the merger there have only been 4 RBs(1 did it twice) over age 30 to have a YPC greater than 5.0(min 100 rushes).

Can you guess who those RBs were?

Also, if you look at 30 and older (still 100 rushes min) there are only 9 RBs that have had a YPC greater than 5.0. One of them did it three times and another did it twice.

Can you guess who those RBs were?

If I had to choose from those 4 I'd be all over Gore first. He is the only feature back on this list in a run first offense. Jackson is second IMO due to him being a power back that has had to run against 8 men in the box most of his career. I don't seen how any team can put 8 men in the box with White and Jones on the edges.... Sproles would be my #3 but he's not a RB#2 unless your in ppr.

I can't stand Williams and the only Panthers I'm drafting is Cam Newton and Steve Smith

I'd take SJax out of everyone of the four. Gore still is pretty solid if you ask me, but his track record with nagging injuries is worrisome. I am expecting D-Will to phase out of the league soon, like Michael Turner. Maybe not this year, but possibly the year after. He hasn't really been productive after signing that big deal a few years ago.