[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Dreaded #7 spot

darin3

7 is better than 8, but less likely to be better than 6.

Even though 6 is more likely better than 7, the number 5 spot is definitely better than all of those previously mentioned.

I am not sure about 4, but anything above that is in the top 3, I think.

In a ten team league, I dont like being 11 or 12, for sure.

Thou shalt pulleth the pin of the holy hand grenade and count unto 3. Thou shalt not count to 2 without proceeding directly to 3....

• Like 1

so much for trying to add meaningful discussion here... i give up.

Does that mean you won't be back? I figured once they told you your services were no longer needed at the huddle ( aka you were fired) you'd be gone, but better late than never. Maybe now there can actually be some "meaningful discussion" without your stupid snarky commentary. I'm sure one of your local adult book stores needs a jizz mopper. :thinking:

Edited by Big Ernie McCracken
  • Like 2

Does that mean you won't be back? I figured once they told you your services were no longer needed at the huddle ( aka you were fired) you'd be gone, but better late than never. Maybe now there can actually be some "meaningful discussion" without your stupid snarky commentary. I'm sure one of your local adult book stores needs a jizz mopper. :thinking:

Kind of out of the box isn't it? I, for one, like Darin's input. If you don't, why don't you just ignore him rather than spout kindergarten playground insults? :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

Any chance McCracken and Axe Stab are two sides of the same butt coin?

I love the 7 spot. In a PPR, I see 11 RBs before any significant value drop happens:

A. Peterson

D. Martin

A. Foster

J. Charles

T. Richardson

C. Spiller

R. Rice

M. Lynch

A. Morris

L. McCoy

M. Forte

Really? No significant value drop between Charles and McCoy? Charles and Forte?

I guess maybe not everyone considers 125 points "significant," but I do.

Who needs stinking RB's.

This year, running backs just seem so scarce, and QB is so deep that I would feel very uncomfortable about my team if I didn't take two RBs by the end of the 3rd round. Maybe in a 10 team draft I wouldn't draft RB-RB in the first two rounds, but even then it still gets pretty ugly quick.

:lol: Exactly what I thought of when I read his post.

Honestly, I started writing it and by the second sentence, i think that movie quote popped into my head, and I kept going from there.

Classic stuff all over that movie.

"Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it."

I will admit I haven't been on this board in the last 6 months or any for that matter, just kind of doing my own thing. I have been very shocked at how far back Rice is being ranked. Cam Cam is gone. Pierce if anything is an addition by keeping Rice healthier and fresher. People forget Rice has had some monster runs and a couple of TDs called back for penalties. Would love to find an actual stat on that. I counted three last year, one was a 60+ yarder and a couple of GL TDs. Ive got RR my #5 RB in my PPR league.

I will admit I haven't been on this board in the last 6 months or any for that matter, just kind of doing my own thing. I have been very shocked at how far back Rice is being ranked. Cam Cam is gone. Pierce if anything is an addition by keeping Rice healthier and fresher. People forget Rice has had some monster runs and a couple of TDs called back for penalties. Would love to find an actual stat on that. I counted three last year, one was a 60+ yarder and a couple of GL TDs. Ive got RR my #5 RB in my PPR league.

Agree... Rice is really getting no love this year. I would happily take him with the 7th pick.

I have been very shocked at how far back Rice is being ranked.

People seem to forget that you don't have to hit the HR in Round 1, you just need someone solid with as high of a floor as you can get. I think Mr. Muto said something like that earlier in another thread: if you guess wrong with a 1st round RB - and many of them flame out every year as DMD's analysis shows - your season is practically cooked from the get-go.

Personally, in a non-PPR league I'll take the more boring Lynch or Rice over the "sexy" Spiller or Richardson 9 times out of 10. The astute drafters make their killings in later rounds by recognizing value that others miss.

Edited by stethant

I don't think 7th is as bad of a spot this year as it has been in previous seasons. You can get a solid RB1 (Lynch, Rice, Forte) and get a top tier WR on the turn. I think drafting 4th through 7th is where I would like to be at this season. Obviously, you can draft a good team from any position. It's all about striking gold in the mid rounds anyways...

My draft from the 7 hole thus far.

16 team league with scoring favoring TE in PPR.

Ray Rice 1.07

JJ Watt 2.10

Tony Gonzales 3.07

Antonio Brown 4.10

Sean Lee 5.07

Wesely Woodyard 6.10

Anquan Boldin 7.07

Calais Campbell 8.10

My draft from the 7 hole thus far.

16 team league with scoring favoring TE in PPR.

Ray Rice 1.07

JJ Watt 2.10

Tony Gonzales 3.07

Antonio Brown 4.10

Sean Lee 5.07

Wesely Woodyard 6.10

Anquan Boldin 7.07

Calais Campbell 8.10

Looks like the 2nd best team in the league :whistle:

:kicksrock: I think it may look a bit better than my team