[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who Else is worried about Arian Foster?

Scorcher

I'm usually not too high on handcuffs, but Tate is one of the exceptions, since he has a productive track record. You can guarantee yourself a decent 16 game back by taking them both. I wouldn't take Turbin if I had Lynch, or whoever TB's backup is if I had Martin, and probably wouldn't make it a point to take Toby if I had AD, but Tate is a different case, especially since Foster seems to constantly be on injury reports.

Here's the thing that worries me about this situation. Say you do get both Foster and Tate. This has the potential to become a scenario where Foster may not be 100% all year, and may carry the "Questionable" tag quite a bit, with owners not knowing for sure if he's going to give it a go or not up until game time. Now some leagues you can set your lineup up until kickoff, and some you can't - so that could be an issue there.

Second, suppose Foster suits up and plays, but due to nagging injuries is ineffective and doesn't finish the game and Tate ends up getting the workload that game. If you started Foster based on the knowledge he was going to play and left Tate on the bench, your screwed. If you started both, you basically scratched one starting RB spot that week. Lather, rinse, and repeat this scenario for several weeks and you see where this can lead you.

It just seems to me there's too much uncertainty about the health of Foster this season, and this is a situation I'll gladly avoid.

Here's the thing that worries me about this situation. Say you do get both Foster and Tate. This has the potential to become a scenario where Foster may not be 100% all year, and may carry the "Questionable" tag quite a bit, with owners not knowing for sure if he's going to give it a go or not up until game time. Now some leagues you can set your lineup up until kickoff, and some you can't - so that could be an issue there.

Second, suppose Foster suits up and plays, but due to nagging injuries is ineffective and doesn't finish the game and Tate ends up getting the workload that game. If you started Foster based on the knowledge he was going to play and left Tate on the bench, your screwed. If you started both, you basically scratched one starting RB spot that week. Lather, rinse, and repeat this scenario for several weeks and you see where this can lead you.

It just seems to me there's too much uncertainty about the health of Foster this season, and this is a situation I'll gladly avoid.

Pretty much spot on.

I drafted Foster today at #12 in a 16-team BOTH league. To be honest I think he's doing his best to intentionally skip preseason. He's working out with a trainer so it's not like he's in Europe getting some crazy treatment. Came of the PUP. Possibly practicing with the team soon. All positive signs. I'll take my chances.

It is looking like this scenario is on for week 1.Also it is a Monday night game which further complicates things.

I have the # 4 pick in my yearly PPR redraft league. Our draft is this evening. AP, Martin, and Charles are pretty much locks before me. For the past 3 weeks I've been trying to find a reason to take Foster. I think all in all he'll be fine, but at the #4 spot, I'm not sure I wanna take that big of a risk. Instead I think I'm gonna go with TRich as his offensive line is quietly one of the top 10 in the league - he's been recently quoted as saying last year he didn't have that chemistry with his line, this year he does. He doesn't have ANYONE breathing down his neck - meaning he's the first down back, second down back, third down back, and the goalline back. On top of that, IMO, the steelers and ravens defenses are nothing what they once used to be. Prior years that would have been a big factor - this year, no worries about who he's playing. Gordon, Cameron, and Little are there to keep the defenses honest and out of the box. Not that this post is about Richardson, just my reasoning for taking him over Foster. I do like Foster over Spiller as that team's gonna suck this year, Ray Rice is still a stud but on a team who's greedy QB crippled them from keeping key players and it's gonna show.. McCoy, you could make a case for him in a new Chip Kelly offense, but Foster's history of being a top 2 fantasy back holds some value. Foster though, if anyone other than Ben Tate were his backup and getting all the hype and reps behind a very well balanced offense, I wouldn't be as concerned. All in all, I have this tiny gut feeling remind me of the Priest Holmes / Larry Johnson situation of a few years ago. Not saying it's gonna happen with Foster / Tate, but it's a risk I wouldn't be comfortable with safer players ahead of him..

How can the subtraction of Lewis Reed and Kruger make a defense waayyyy better?

Lewis & Reed are done and Kruger was replaced by Dumervil. The D line is much improved and Ladarius Webb, their best corner, is healthy. Suggs is also nearly 100%. Edited by Trots

I have the # 4 pick in my yearly PPR redraft league. Our draft is this evening. AP, Martin, and Charles are pretty much locks before me. For the past 3 weeks I've been trying to find a reason to take Foster. I think all in all he'll be fine, but at the #4 spot, I'm not sure I wanna take that big of a risk. Instead I think I'm gonna go with TRich as his offensive line is quietly one of the top 10 in the league - he's been recently quoted as saying last year he didn't have that chemistry with his line, this year he does. He doesn't have ANYONE breathing down his neck - meaning he's the first down back, second down back, third down back, and the goalline back. On top of that, IMO, the steelers and ravens defenses are nothing what they once used to be. Prior years that would have been a big factor - this year, no worries about who he's playing. Gordon, Cameron, and Little are there to keep the defenses honest and out of the box. Not that this post is about Richardson, just my reasoning for taking him over Foster. I do like Foster over Spiller as that team's gonna suck this year, Ray Rice is still a stud but on a team who's greedy QB crippled them from keeping key players and it's gonna show.. McCoy, you could make a case for him in a new Chip Kelly offense, but Foster's history of being a top 2 fantasy back holds some value. Foster though, if anyone other than Ben Tate were his backup and getting all the hype and reps behind a very well balanced offense, I wouldn't be as concerned. All in all, I have this tiny gut feeling remind me of the Priest Holmes / Larry Johnson situation of a few years ago. Not saying it's gonna happen with Foster / Tate, but it's a risk I wouldn't be comfortable with safer players ahead of him..

I have Foster because he was a keeper, I had to get Tate in the 6th which hurt.

• Like 1

How can the subtraction of Lewis Reed and Kruger make a defense waayyyy better?

easy when Reed and Lewis get by on reputation. Both played as shells of what they once were last year...plus this year Suggs is 100% healthy and the acquisition of Dumervil playing opposite him is huge....Doom>>>Kruger

Lewis & Reed are done and Kruger was replaced by Dumervil. The D line is much improved and Ladarius Webb, their best corner, is healthy. Suggs is also nearly 100%.

people don't realize how good Webb is and what he'll mean to the defense. Hugely underrated CB.

Tell me how I was able to get AP with the #2 pick in one of my money leagues. Of course the #1 pick went to Foster which was a horrible move for him but a great one for me. To compound his horrible 1st rd 1st pick in Foster, i was able to grab Tate in the 10th round. I had Foster last year and he was my best RB but this year any Foster owner has to be afraid he will start losing carries to Tate with what Kubiak is saying. Take that with a grain of salt of course but Foster is also a prime candidate to miss some games due to injury.