[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who Else is worried about Arian Foster?

Scorcher

Wasn't worried about Foster and still aren't. Tate will not outscore Foster this year. Foster hates practice, hates meaningless preseason games and will be back when it counts, playing like a beast. But I'm not stupid, I certainly have Tate ready just in case.

• 2 weeks later...

For all the concern over Foster's mileage and attention he and Tate get around here, there's nary a mention of the #3 for Houston. Rightly so? Or are people missing an opportunity to get Cierre Wood now before the probable stampede that will ensue should Foster or Tate become injured? :thinking:

ETA: thinking about this from more of a Dynasty and/or keeper perspective than redraft

Edited by Delicious_bass

For all the concern over Foster's mileage and attention he and Tate get around here, there's nary a mention of the #3 for Houston. Rightly so? Or are people missing an opportunity to get Cierre Wood now before the probable stampede that will ensue should Foster or Tate become injured? :thinking:

ETA: thinking about this from more of a Dynasty and/or keeper perspective than redraft

I think Tate gets so much love because he's actually good, and likely to get tons of carries if Foster gets hurt. If Tate gets hurt, I dont' think Wood picks up all of his carries, they just rely on Foster or passing to cover the gap.

I think Tate gets so much love because he's actually good, and likely to get tons of carries if Foster gets hurt. If Tate gets hurt, I dont' think Wood picks up all of his carries, they just rely on Foster or passing to cover the gap.

No argument on that. I think the Tate love is warranted. Just kinda surprised CW seems to be completely off the radar of most owners. Given the productivity of the running system in Houston and the high use on Foster, I would think more people would be looking beyond just Tate. Maybe that there is the answer to my question, though. Perhaps there is really nothing to see with CW and he just happens to be the body holding the #3 spot down at the moment. :thinking:

Some Foster week 1 stats (small sample size):

1st down: 11-41 3.72 YPC

2nd down: 6-21 3.50 YPC

3rd down: 1-0 0.00 YPC (that carry was on 3rd and 1, he had another 3rd and 1 carry that went for 0 yds but a holding penalty negated the play.)

4th down: 1-0 0.00 YPC

1 Red zone touch (a carry for 9 yards)

If you count the play negated by penalty he had three chances to get a 1st down on 3rd & 1 or 4th & 1 and didn't get a single yard...that's a small bit concerning to me

The other is that he had just one touch of the 8 Texans red zone plays (Tate had a carry, the other 6 were passes) of the 6 passes three were 7 yards or less and they all went for TDs.