[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Creative Ways to Determine Draft Order

Mustangt125

We started a new ten team league this year and we were looking for a creative way to determine the draft order.

Some suggested ideas that have been banded about are:

1. Horse race - Everybody pick a different horse. Be difficult to get everybody to the track at the same time with work, etc.

2. Bags or Beer Pong - The only thing here is the difficulty in arranging a ten man bracket. Double elim? The bracket may be huuuge. Right now though, beer pong is the leading option.

3. Round of golf - Would be fun, except we know for a fact who would get #1 overall as one of our buddies shoots in the low seventies.

4. Super Smash Bros - I was never a fan.

What are your thoughts on these ideas? And do you have any other suggestions or creative ways you have done or heard of in the past?

Edit:

here is what I've found online at a bracket generator. For single elim it ends up looking like the Big East basketball tourny where for us 1-6 would go into the second round while 7-10 have to play into it.

http://challonge.com/tournaments/bracket_generator?ref=hi3iNpf5VK

Edited by Mustangt125

We started a new ten team league this year and we were looking for a creative way to determine the draft order.

Some suggested ideas that have been banded about are:

1. Horse race - Everybody pick a different horse. Be difficult to get everybody to the track at the same time with work, etc.

One league I participate in will be doing just that this weekend. It's the first I ever heard of that method and it seems like an awful lot trouble. But could be fun.

I always propose that we go from biggest unit to smallest unit, just to insure that I always have the first pick.

So THAT'S why you're in all those leagues with underage boys. I just thought you had a sickness....Well, it may have cost you a couple restraining orders and a hundred hours of community service, but at least you got Adrian Peterson.

• Like 1

Don't like the idea of draft order being based on you ability in participating in another unrelated event, unless that also involves a random outcome. Live for the poker example, dealing a hand to everyone and who has the best hand goes first is a random draw and ok, but i would not want to be in a league where you have to play a poker tournament beforehand to determine the order as your fate could likely be decided on who is the best poker player.

Uh, take the A thru 10 from a deck of cards, shuffle them, then deal them to the players. Oh, and Ace goes first, 10 goes last. :rolleyes:

We do something like this.

Reverse order of last year's standings is how picks of the cards are done.

A bunch of white castles and adult diapers

The rest should be self explanatory

Playing off of this - have a get together - beer or water, drinkof preference etc. Require everyone to drink the same amount over time and first to get up to pee is last and so on and so on.

Allow winner to choose draft position

See who can stand watching Caddyshack 2 the longest. Draft order determined by how long you can stand it. You have to really, really want that first pick...

Alternatively, do the same thing with a Lady Gaga CD.

Make sure to get waivers signed beforehand to mitigate any lawsuits for mental damages incurred by those who just stubbornly hang in there, or become physically unable to escape before impairment sets in. That said, the impairment incurred by the early pickers may be a hugh benefit to the rest of the league in the draft.

Edited by Bronco Billy

Just pick numbers out of a hat and you are done.

I dont like the idea of someone getting chosen by random (whatever method) and then allowing that person to choose his draft spot and so on for everyone. That is not random esp for that last guy. His spot is basically chosen by all the others.