[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

PIT RBBC?

DanTheMan_5

I would think it's a Dwyer/Redman RBBC, with Redman getting more 3rd downs and Dwyer more 1st and 2nd. Until one of them(or both) get dinged up. If Bell is out, methinks you only grab a Steeler back if you're desperate, which would be a shame. I had high hopes for Bell as a fantasy RB.

I had to have my ff draft last weekend, which i find waaaaay too early but it's what worked for everybody's schedules. So of course I took bell at the end of the 3rd round. I drafted Redman but can't decide if I should just cut bait with PITT RB's all together. Dwyer is available but I can't see holding 3 PIT RB's on my roster.

LRSH is their 3rd down back

Understood, and regardless of who's the "lead back", I think he'll have some value this year. I'm not saying Sproles but perhaps Sproles lite. I'm a buyer in PPR formats as a speculative flex play. Now, if Bell IS out, perhaps his piece of the pie is a bit larger. Maybe.

Still no word on the MRI...they need to break off some damn news.

Here you go. Per rotoworld:

Steelers RB Le'Veon Bell has been diagnosed with a mid-foot sprain, and could be sidelined "a while."

It appears Bell has avoided a Lisfranc injury, but as top Steelers beat writer Ed Bouchette points out, any mid-foot sprain is a big issue for a running back. It's safe to rule Bell out for the rest of the preseason, and consider him questionable for Week 1.

Bell has 19 days to get healthy. The Steelers would likely go with a committee of Isaac Redman, Jonathan Dwyer and La'Rod Stephens-Howling in the opener if their prized rookie runner isn't ready. The Steelers seem to have a remarkably difficult time keeping linemen and runners healthy.

Source: Ed Bouchette on Twitter

Edited by Wolverines Fan

Although I finished 2nd and in the money for my league last year, I waited on rb and regretted it. Luckily had spiller but was always trying to pick up a potential starting rb. Looked at Dwyer, mendy, etc and those guys killed me. I'd avoid Pitt running back this year like the plague. Unfortunately this will make this weekends draft even tougher when it comes to obtaining quality rbs

• Like 1

"a while"

I wonder wtf that means

Unknown but maybe that translates as a month? I wonder if this is going to be the same nonsense that happened with McFadden in the sense that every week you think he's coming back, or getting close, and every week he sits.

Major headache. Will pass on Bell in the draft and wait for someone to drop him week 1 or 2 when "a while" starts to be too long.

I already drafted him twice. I am really hoping it doesn't turn out like DMC 2 years ago.

It looks like the lates news is the beat writer's opinion or something. There has been no statement issued by the team. Usually good news is announced immediately so I am fairly concerned now.

I would have avoided the PIT backfield even with Bell healthy. Being a Big 10 fan, I saw plenty of him and he looked completely average against decent Ds or better. And only 12 rushing TDs last year with almost 400 carries?

I know it's way against the prevailing wisdom, but I don't see Bell as an impact RB, and he is by a pretty good margin the best RB on that team, and they all run behind a brutal O line.

No thanks

I would have avoided the PIT backfield even with Bell healthy. Being a Big 10 fan, I saw plenty of him and he looked completely average against decent Ds or better. And only 12 rushing TDs last year with almost 400 carries?

I know it's way against the prevailing wisdom, but I don't see Bell as an impact RB, and he is by a pretty good margin the best RB on that team, and they all run behind a brutal O line.

No thanks

Totally agree watching Big 10 football. He was a no show when he played against good teams from what I remember. I took Giovani over him in the draft with the 2.02 pick.

No thanks

Spot on.