[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

First pick PPR redraft?

rai

Elf may be a peach, but he kind of has a point as I can't believe this is actually a serious question. I don't care what format it is, AP is the top tier RB to take by anyone who has the first pick in a draft. Anyone that doesn't take AP deserves to be chided (and often).

Now, I've said it before and I'll say it again, I doubt very seriously AP has the same numbers as last year, but frankly, he's a stud in standard and PPR and you'd be a fool not to take him with your first pick as going into this years season, he's the best RB on the Board and that's what you shot for. It's going to be a lot time before you get your next round pick are you really going to take a chance on someone else?

Well, axually, I was talking about Charles... but Peterson works too.

(That's why I said that if he had any ELF esteem he would already know the answer.)

I did this myself in a 14 team PPR draft on the night of Charles' injury, rolling the dice that it wasn't going to be serious. Obviously, I rolled a 7.

Why?

Regression to the mean says that Peterson won't approach 2000 yards again this season. I think opposing defenses will stop Peterson if it kills them, knowing that Christian Ponder isn't going to beat them through the air. Peterson is Peterson, so he will still get his, but I do think that Charles WILL get to 2000 combined rush/rec yards--and have 60+ receptions to boot. If he can approach 10 TDs, Charles should be the highest-scoring PPR RB in the league.

Thanks elf, could have used that insight seven hours ago. Your reply, talking about one guy while implying another guy really does not help, some people come here for serious advice not to get lectured and put down.

I picked AP, not a clear number one to me which is why I asked in the first place.

AP had 40 receptions last year.

Edited by rai

Oh, lighten up Francis--you can't go wrong with Peterson either. It's just that if you've been reading this board a lot, then you've probly come to realize that I think Jamaal Charles could well be the best RB in football this year.

Hence the ELF esteem comment.

With the number one overall pick it is hard to go wrong. Pick AP, Charles, or Martin, whichever one you like the best. Personally, I go back and forth between Charles and Martin, but you can't go wrong taking AP either. The tougher decision is whether or not to take two more RB's at the 2/3 turn or to grab a WR.

Thanks elf, could have used that insight seven hours ago. Your reply, talking about one guy while implying another guy really does not help, some people come here for serious advice not to get lectured and put down.

I picked AP, not a clear number one to me which is why I asked in the first place.

AP had 40 receptions last year.

AP is not a clear #1...?