[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kenbrell Thompkins

Tastes Like More

@PPIchamp: I tried to quote what you said but I'm on my phone and it didn't work out too well.

But yeah I am a bush owner, and am glad you agree with me on that. Part of me thinks Thompkins will end up doing well but it's a long season and Dobson or Edelman could end up being valuable. Lets just hope Thompkins stays atop the depth chart.

I had a hard on for Shawn Jefferson once after a preseason. Didn't work out so well for me

Loaded up my dynasty teams with Pierre Garçon when he was a rookie. Turned out pretty well given the cost of the investment.

Odds are UDFAs fail. But every once in a while a R Smith/Ward/Cruz emerges. If you aren't willing to risk a small investment early you are going to miss out to someone who will. If you miss, what's the cost? No one is advocating drafting him as a WR2. He's depth with unknown but potentially high upside.

Now that just really pisses me off. You need to quit the 6 Bloody Mary mornings.

So I take it you did not know he was signed by the Patriots before beginning his stellar career with your boys??? :thinking:

Wrs welker was with Miami first there champ.

correct :doh: but still, he was an UDFA

So I take it you did not know he was signed by the Patriots before beginning his stellar career with your boys??? :thinking:

correct :doh: but still, he was an UDFA

signing a guy for a week and releasing him in 1995 is hardly evidence that an undrafted WR this year could be successful. Just sayin'. Not sure Smith ever even put a practice uniform on in NE.

The real question is would u drop someone like Shorts or Torrey Smith for him...u got ur semi-productive WR3 types...would u roll the dice on Thompkins?

I love Thompkins - but as a flyer, not to replace the guys you are talking about. Not even in the ballpark.

Seriously, this Thompkins stuff is getting spun way up too far. He ought to be treated as a maximum WR4 if not WR5 with unknown and potentially WR2 upside - but with risk of nonperformance in that's he's an UDFA rookie and as such no track record in actual games.

The real question is would u drop someone like Shorts or Torrey Smith for him...u got ur semi-productive WR3 types...would u roll the dice on Thompkins?

NO!

I got your point Darin, but there is neither a Gronk(yet) nor Hernandez. There might be a Sudfeld, but we don't even exactly know what that is. Maybe that's good for Thompkins, cause Brady's going to have to throw to someone. Conversely, the opposing defense hardly has to worry about more than a possibly healthy Amendola. We'll see how big this Thompkins' kid's stones are when we start playing for real. I'm no patriot fan by any means, but I'm really cheering for this guy. You just gotta cheer for any story as good as this.

Thompkins is coming off the boards way too early in the drafts I have seen. I will not draft him as my #3 WR. If I can get a solid #3 WR, then I would go after him as my #4 with upside. I am seeing him go to some teams as their #2 WR. Incredible.

Thompkins is coming off the boards way too early in the drafts I have seen. I will not draft him as my #3 WR. If I can get a solid #3 WR, then I would go after him as my #4 with upside. I am seeing him go to some teams as their #2 WR. Incredible.

Totally agree. I mean, a couple months ago we were talking about Boyce vs. Dobson. Those guys both still have oodles of talent. Yes, Thompkins has proved himself between the lines, where it's obviously most important, but Brady still has a slew of targets... albeit many no-names or unproven folks. Let's see how things pan out once the regular season starts.

Sunday night he was taken #114 overall in a 10 team (3WR) 6 IDP league, taken ahead of Josh Gordon (who I took 5 spots later), Michael Floyd and V Brown. Of the 4 money leagues I've done so far, that was the first one I didn't get Thomp in.

Edited by PPIchamp