[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kenbrell Thompkins

Tastes Like More

Brandon Lloyd = 74/911/4 with 131 targets...subtract Welker, Hernandez, Gronk (first few weeks), and Lloyd...sub in oft injured Amendola...and the fact that Brady will be looking for a new favorite target...and I like him to be a steady producer with a few HUGH games. I rate him as WR3 with upside.

Sunday night he was taken #114 overall in a 10 team (3WR) 6 IDP league, taken ahead of Josh Gordon (who I took 5 spots later), Michael Floyd and V Brown. Of the 4 money leagues I've done so far, that was the first one I didn't get Thomp in.

I'd probably take him ahead of those guys too.

Brandon Lloyd = 74/911/4 with 131 targets...subtract Welker, Hernandez, Gronk (first few weeks), and Lloyd...sub in oft injured Amendola...and the fact that Brady will be looking for a new favorite target...and I like him to be a steady producer with a few HUGH games. I rate him as WR3 with upside.

For the love of God... stop. In 2009 he played in 14 games as a rookie. 2010 he played in all 16.

The dude dislocated his elbow in a freak injury in 2011 and missed the season.

In 2012 he had the nasty clavicle injury.

It's not like the guy has a knee issue or recurring foot problems

A couple of freak injuries doesn't make a player "oft injured". There's no reason to think Amendola can't play a full 16 games this season. His "undisclosed injury" last week is nothing to be worried about.

For the love of God... stop. In 2009 he played in 14 games as a rookie. 2010 he played in all 16.

The dude dislocated his elbow in a freak injury in 2011 and missed the season.

In 2012 he had the nasty clavicle injury.

It's not like the guy has a knee issue or recurring foot problems

A couple of freak injuries doesn't make a player "oft injured". There's no reason to think Amendola can't play a full 16 games this season. His "undisclosed injury" last week is nothing to be worried about.

Don't get me wrong...he is talented and could yield Welker-type production which is one of the reasons why NE let WW walk...BUT...one full season out of 4...the last two seasons missing all or significant time due to injury... be they of the "freakish" variety or not...I'm sorry to say, does warrant use of the term "oft injured"...

Don't get me wrong...he is talented and could yield Welker-type production which is one of the reasons why NE let WW walk...BUT...one full season out of 4...the last two seasons missing all or significant time due to injury... be they of the "freakish" variety or not...I'm sorry to say, does warrant use of the term "oft injured"...

I totally disagree.

• Like 1

Well no one can predict the future so we only have the past to go on. A guy that misses a lot of games during the past few years is a guy that has to be considered often injured, at the very least a risky pick depending on where you get him..

• Like 1

Well no one can predict the future so we only have the past to go on. A guy that misses a lot of games during the past few years is a guy that has to be considered often injured, at the very least a risky pick depending on where you get him..

He was injured twice. You can see it your way, I'll see it mine. Feel free to let a reception-machine in one of the league's best and most consistently productive offenses with a HOF QB slip on by you. Your leaguemates will thank you. :tup:

I would love to have him on my team....I targeted him as WR2 with WR1 upside... He was drafted in RD 3 in all my drafts...I had him with a RD 4/5 grade and would have taken him gladly there...The post was more to say that I like Thompkins a lot...and like him more in the event Amendola misses any time.

I would love to have him on my team....I targeted him as WR2 with WR1 upside... He was drafted in RD 3 in all my drafts...I had him with a RD 4/5 grade and would have taken him gladly there...The post was more to say that I like Thompkins a lot...and like him more in the event Amendola misses any time.

I assume you're referring to a dynasty league? I haven't seen him going anywhere near rounds 3-5 otherwise. Don't get me wrong - I love the guy and hope he explodes.

As far as the "oft injured" tag for Amendola goes, I don't see how you can say it doesn't apply. Given the sample size, he is clearly "oft injured." Now, does that mean he's "injury prone"? I'd say not - sample size is too small and the injuries he's had have been a bit freakish. We're talking semantics here but what Darin really seems to be debating is whether Amendola is "injury prone."

• Like 1

I assume you're referring to a dynasty league? I haven't seen him going anywhere near rounds 3-5 otherwise. Don't get me wrong - I love the guy and hope he explodes.

As far as the "oft injured" tag for Amendola goes, I don't see how you can say it doesn't apply. Given the sample size, he is clearly "oft injured." Now, does that mean he's "injury prone"? I'd say not - sample size is too small and the injuries he's had have been a bit freakish. We're talking semantics here but what Darin really seems to be debating is whether Amendola is "injury prone."

Good point. Definitely agree that there is a distinct difference.

Thompkins is a WAY better value than Amendola based on where they are being drafted, though Thompkins' ADP is creeping up. He went in the early 9th in my most recent 12-team draft.

In an auction draft I had last night, Jordy Nelson went for $7--Thompkins went for $8. The hype is getting a little out of control.

By definition, he's often injured, oft injured, or whatever you want to call it. I think what Darin is trying to say is that his injury history doesn't necessarily mean he's "injury-prone."

Seems ridiculous, as of today.

I could easily see that. Auction drafts have weird ebbs and flows, and it's frequent to see guys at the end of drafts go for way more than you'd expect simply because the guy has the money. Last year, two guys holding $10, both waiting on QB2. Flacco gets tossed, both bid out, owner A wins. Owner B now tosses Bradford for $1 and now has $9 to spend. Another owner was holding out at TE, same result, and now two guys have $9 to spend and no plans. Why not take a flier on the guy getting most of the sleeper talk at the moment?

Nelson at $7 seems a bit low, but again, every single auction goes into ebbs where guys, especially a guy with a lingering health concern, don't get any action. Miles Austin and Reggie Wayne both went for $7 in my auction league last year. Nelson for $7 isn't even a stretch, let alone ridiculous.

By definition, he's often injured, oft injured, or whatever you want to call it. I think what Darin is trying to say is that his injury history doesn't necessarily mean he's "injury-prone."

Correct and maybe I was incorrect in thinking that "oft injured" was on par with saying he is injury prone.

Either way, he could play in all 16 games and end up as a top-10 (or maybe higher) PPR WR... or he can dive out of bounds again and have his ulna come out of his palm.

• Like 1

Nelson for $7 isn't even a stretch, let alone ridiculous.

I think Thompkins at $8 is more ridiculous than Nelson at $7. And it wasn't an end-of-draft bidding war like you described (I saw Eddie Lacy go for $38 and DeSean Jackson go for $40 in a couple of those recently)--it was just a couple of people drinking the Kool-Aid on Thompkins and overpaying for him.

And as an aside, it's boggling to me why certain folks are so down on Brady, and then turn around and are singing the praises of guys like Thompkins and Sudfeld. I mean, just a month or so ago these people are saying that Brady will "have no one to throw to" and "no way Brady is a top fantasy QB this year". Now they're wowed by these no-names and Brady once again will be elite. When have we heard that before? I dunno, pretty much all of Brady's relevant seasons?

That said, and if it's not already plainly evident, I'd be careful with this guy. He's had a nice preseason but there are some other talented, young WRs on this team that could "get it" at some point during the season and will make more things happen when it matters most.

sounds familiar