[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Advice for 'draft only' league.. (best team played and total points no head to head)

rai

I have never played in a draft only league, but I always say that I draft really well, but pick the wrong combo to start each week. This is a draft only, PPR league, draft 20 players no WW pickup no weekly roster it takes your highest players at each position each week. http://myfantasyleague.com/fantasy-football-purchase/fantasy-football-purchase-mfltens.php

The Draft Only Setup

• 12 Teams per League
  • 20 Players per Roster
  • Best Ball/Optimal Lineup Scoring
  • Draft-Only: No free agents or lineup submissions
  • 8-Hour Draft Clock limit per pick
  • 16-week season with total points scoring
    These are point-per-reception (PPR) leagues and have a starting lineup requirement featuring:
    • 1 Quarterback
    • 2 Running Backs
    • 3 Wide Receivers
    • 1 Tight End
    • 1 Flex (RB, WR or TE)
    • 1 Team Defense
    • 1 Kicker

there is 'optimal lineup' would you tend to pick more of one position such as D or K where you can get wide variances in points from week to week but no way of knowing when or just the minimum number of 2 Defense and K since they can never/rarely miss except for bye weeks. Also since no WW pickups have to guard against injury so what would you advise in drafting handcuffs and in the numbers of each positions? Or to pick more steady eddie guys who don't tend to get unjured such as Flacco over high risk reward guys like Vick thanks.

Edited by rai

Few things.

Wrong forum

Can take chances on more volatile players since you don't have to decide which week they'll go off to start them (probably my still a good idea to have a mix of safe and boom/bust though)

Handcuffs in late rounds if not deep, earlier if good value/high upside.

Dont draft defense too early as you can. ptoba lay get by just as well with best score from 2 DEFs

Other than that, not that much different, just set it and forget it.

it sounds like you want to take the studs just like always(early) but instead of late deep picks of WR and RBs that might be low scorers, better to get a few QBs to cover byes as well as if they have big point games here and there.

Yeah, like Delusions of Grandeur said, it doesn't hurt to have a few guys that might pop up with a 2 TD day now and again, even if they disappear the rest of the season. In that sense, I'd rather have a Denard Robinson than a Pierre Thomas.

I think you need at least two at every position, but if I'm happy with my stable of RBs and WRs, I have sometimes gone with three TEs or three QBs when I think those positions are weaker. Outside of the elite few at TE, especially, that position tends to produce very inconsistent scoring--so it's nice to have three potential scorers at the position (and in leagues that score a flex position, a second solid TE day might even break into the lineup as a flex score). Two Ks and two Ds should suffice.

Yeah, like Delusions of Grandeur said, it doesn't hurt to have a few guys that might pop up with a 2 TD day now and again, even if they disappear the rest of the season. In that sense, I'd rather have a Denard Robinson than a Pierre Thomas.

I think you need at least two at every position, but if I'm happy with my stable of RBs and WRs, I have sometimes gone with three TEs or three QBs when I think those positions are weaker. Outside of the elite few at TE, especially, that position tends to produce very inconsistent scoring--so it's nice to have three potential scorers at the position (and in leagues that score a flex position, a second solid TE day might even break into the lineup as a flex score). Two Ks and two Ds should suffice.

Us old timers just call him DOG.....keep up with the program