[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Are we going to have Huddle Message Board leagues again this year?

bostonsoxandy

I'd be happy to give it a crack if needed

You're a glutton for punishment. You do a hell of a job keeping up in drafts from the other side of the planet.

I can go, and fast, if needed

that's not usually a redeeming quality that's bragged about. ;)

• Like 1

Can the Huddle Message Board II be switch to live draft without a timer on so that there can be a live draft room or are we leaving it like this so emails go out per pick?

Can the Huddle Message Board II be switch to live draft without a timer on so that there can be a live draft room or are we leaving it like this so emails go out per pick?

Curse you and your no email sending draft method. Causes nothing but trouble for those that rely on the emails as a heads up of when their pick is coming up.

Curse you and your no email sending draft method. Causes nothing but trouble for those that rely on the emails as a heads up of when their pick is coming up.

+1111111111111111111

Hste the live draft room guys

What exactly, if any, are the benefits of the "live draft room"?

For a slow e-mail draft, there are none that I can figure out. I've heard it say that it has the chat room, but that is just a module that can be put on the home page, which it already is in the default layouts. Some say you can see the lists of players easier, which I can;t argue as different strokes for different folks, but if you have your own cheatsheet, how hard is it to filter on a position or look up a name in the drop down.

/endrant/

What exactly, if any, are the benefits of the "live draft room"?

I'm guessing that this is a rhetorical question, and you know everything I'm about to type, but in case it's not.... It's a one-stop shop of information... Draft report, roster reports, sortable players still available, bye weeks, stats, list of which owners are online, etc. A lot more advantages than disadvantages, frankly... Instead of opening six different tabs, you have most everything in front of you.

The problem is that the one disadvantage sometimes outweighs all of the advantages... people using the live draft room to draft. Technically, as the name says, the draft room is meant for live drafts (lasting a couple of hours), which is why no notifications go out. Slow/email drafts are not meant to be used in conjunction with the draft room. But, given the advantages (and there are plenty, whether you want to admit it or not), many leagues choose to leave it open (and then bang their respective heads against walls when the drafts take forever).

Really, what MFL needs to do is add an option where commissioners could turn off the "Draft" option in the Live Draft Room, but I'm guessing they might view that as contradictory, since again, the draft room is meant for quick drafts only. Or, maybe a popup that says "You are about to draft from the live draft room, and no notifications will be sent," or something to that extent.

I just had an owner email me today, commenting that he wasn't receiving the notifications regularly. A lot of people don't realize the cause of the problem, and continue to contribute to it. I lean towards not using the draft room, myself, but the consensus in most leagues is to leave it open because people like the features that it offers.

I'm guessing that this is a rhetorical question, and you know everything I'm about to type, but in case it's not.... It's a one-stop shop of information... Draft report, roster reports, sortable players still available, bye weeks, stats, list of which owners are online, etc. A lot more advantages than disadvantages, frankly... Instead of opening six different tabs, you have most everything in front of you.

The problem is that the one disadvantage sometimes outweighs all of the advantages... people using the live draft room to draft. Technically, as the name says, the draft room is meant for live drafts (lasting a couple of hours), which is why no notifications go out. Slow/email drafts are not meant to be used in conjunction with the draft room. But, given the advantages (and there are plenty, whether you want to admit it or not), many leagues choose to leave it open (and then bang their respective heads against walls when the drafts take forever).

Really, what MFL needs to do is add an option where commissioners could turn off the "Draft" option in the Live Draft Room, but I'm guessing they might view that as contradictory, since again, the draft room is meant for quick drafts only. Or, maybe a popup that says "You are about to draft from the live draft room, and no notifications will be sent," or something to that extent.

I just had an owner email me today, commenting that he wasn't receiving the notifications regularly. A lot of people don't realize the cause of the problem, and continue to contribute to it. I lean towards not using the draft room, myself, but the consensus in most leagues is to leave it open because people like the features that it offers.

Could one not just use the "live draft room" to do all of their research and then just go in and draft using the method that emails out to the league?

For a slow e-mail draft, there are none that I can figure out. I've heard it say that it has the chat room, but that is just a module that can be put on the home page, which it already is in the default layouts. Some say you can see the lists of players easier, which I can;t argue as different strokes for different folks, but if you have your own cheatsheet, how hard is it to filter on a position or look up a name in the drop down.

/endrant/

The chat feature is the least of it's benefits, IMO. Nice for a live draft (which it's intended for), but in a slow draft, you can post comments somewhere else if you really need to. Again, it's an easy way to have information in front of you (on one screen) that would otherwise require a few different tabs. Personally, I hate clicking back and forth, between tabs. To have everything on one screen is very nice. But I agree... The downside can outweigh all of that, when you have owners using it (either because they don't understand or don't give a rats ass) to draft.

Let's face it... Slow drafts can still be slow, with or without the draft room. It's not like the draft room is the sole/main cause of drafts bogging down.

Could one not just use the "live draft room" to do all of their research and then just go in and draft using the method that emails out to the league?

Yes. That's what I do, in drafts where the draft room is available. The issue is that people either don't understand the corrolation (that drafting from the room eliminates the notifications), or they just get lazy and do it anyway. That's why I think it would be really nice if MFL could give commissioners an option that they could turn off. I'm not an IT guy, but I can't imagine it would be that difficult to add... Just another colum in the Owners Abilities screen.

I do have a question about these message board leagues, regarding scoring. I'm assuming we have to account for bye-weeks, correct? In other words, since there are no transactions/waivers, are we supposed to draft two kickers (or take a zero for the bye-week). Or, is there some sort of bye-week scoring formula like some leagues have (usually 32-team leagues, etc.)?

Going back to the draft room thing... I actually don't have an issue with just opening several tabs on my laptop or work (shhhh) PC. Where the draft room is very nice is on my phone... Being able to see who's available, as well as view rosters, etc.

I can live without it (and have in several drafts over the years). I just think it's not exactly accurate to say that there are no benefits to it, either.

I do have a question about these message board leagues, regarding scoring. I'm assuming we have to account for bye-weeks, correct? In other words, since there are no transactions/waivers, are we supposed to draft two kickers (or take a zero for the bye-week). Or, is there some sort of bye-week scoring formula like some leagues have (usually 32-team leagues, etc.)?

You have to account for the bye weeks - adds a layer of strategy to the draftmaster format. ( Which is why, as I let DMD know, I have not prepicked my 2nd rounder, as I may change my preference based on who I get in the 1st round due to bye weeks)

You have to account for the bye weeks - adds a layer of strategy to the draftmaster format. ( Which is why, as I let DMD know, I have not prepicked my 2nd rounder, as I may change my preference based on who I get in the 1st round due to bye weeks)

That's what I figured, but wanted to make sure. Thanks.