[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Are we going to have Huddle Message Board leagues again this year?

bostonsoxandy

Are there free agent/waiver pick ups? or the team you draft is what you have all year?also are there any roster requirements?Thanks

No moves whatsoever. Hence the "draft master" moniker. It's basically a gauge of how well one drafts.

Are there free agent/waiver pick ups? or the team you draft is what you have all year?also are there any roster requirements?Thanks

No moves whatsoever. Hence the "draft master" moniker. It's basically a gauge of how well one drafts.

As for roster requirements, I'd reccomend drafting a full starting lineup at a minimum.

Ok,never done one of these,so should be fun..I should probably draft 2 K,2 Def and watch bye weeks with all spots??

That's pretty much what I'm thinking, although that doesn't exactly leave a lot of wiggle room at other positions. A couple of injuries, and you're "best ball" becomes a game of hoping you have enough healthy players to field a starting lineup. The flex helps somewhat, but it's still pretty thin. I'm tempted to draft one kicker, one defense, and a couple of extra RB/WR/TE.

I'm not complaining.. Just thinking through my strategy/thoughts out loud. I've never done one of these (but have wanted to for a while)... It definitely changes the thought process in drafting quite a bit.

Yes, this is a smaller roster than you generally see in this format, so it leads to having to make some tough strategical decisions. Do you take 1 K/D or 2? How many QBs?

What about bye weeks - how many players with the same bye week can you afford to draft.

Since you don't see many injuries at K and D, I would be tempted to forego the 2nd at each position for an 18 man squad, knowing I was going to eat a 0 in the bye weeks, just to keep a little depth at RB and WR--esp. with WR scoring being so inconsistent.

That said, K and D scoring is pretty inconsistent too, so you'll probly lose a few points on the year by only having one score at each position to choose from each week. The question becomes, is that loss acceptable to mitigate the risk of injury/poor performance at RB and WR? The answer probly depends on how confident you feel in your RB/WR starters...