[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Buffalo Defense rank?

thartzler

Huddle defense rankings are the product of two people who have done this for 15+ years - me and John Tuvey. Who does it at Yahoo?

Melissa Myers. :brow:

They do play the Jets twice, so that's gotta count for something. I say a bump in the ranks to lets say...1355 is justified. Just kidding boys, I think their schedule is pretty good, and their pass rush should be improved with a healthy super Mario. They are a very opportunistic D and can put up some nice points against the right matchups. However, I do agree with keggerz that the loss of Gilmore drops them down a bit.

Edited by heehawks

I like their special teams too. Bottom line to defenses is that there are so many ways that they can be scored and that makes it tough. Worse yet, defenses only react to what it happening so there is a lot more ups and downs and changes with defenses and that makes them even harder to predict. Both John and I honestly like the Bills enough to say they should be considered top ten. Individual players matter less to a defense than an offense.

I kind of like the Browns as a sleeper Defense. Could see them putting up very good Def Numbers this year.

+1

I would take the Browns over the Bills any day of the week in any league. If your league is more harsh on yards against and points against, I would say the Bills would be lucky to break top 20. Sure, they'll have weeks where they have pick 6's and punt return touchdowns, but they are going to get torched just as equally and either be a boom or bust defense. I would consider them for certain matchups tho (see- Jets, New York) if you wanted to float by picking up and dropping Defenses weekly.

• 3 weeks later...

You guys do realize the Bills D scored 14 vs the Patriots and 8 vs the Panthers despite Cam Newton. They're way better than they get credit for. The Bucs are another vastly underrated defense scoring 10 against the Jets and 17 against the Saints.

Starting the Bills with confidence this week against the Jets.

+1

I would take the Browns over the Bills any day of the week in any league. If your league is more harsh on yards against and points against, I would say the Bills would be lucky to break top 20. Sure, they'll have weeks where they have pick 6's and punt return touchdowns, but they are going to get torched just as equally and either be a boom or bust defense. I would consider them for certain matchups tho (see- Jets, New York) if you wanted to float by picking up and dropping Defenses weekly.

WTF? Browns scored 6 points week 1 and 5 points week 2 in fantasy compared to 14 week 1 for the Bills and 8 week 2. That means the Bills have exactly twice as many points for the season so far. The defense might see a boost now that Josh Gordon is back, but that offense sucks so much their defense just gets worn down throughout the game and they don't create many turnovers. Not a very good fantasy defense at all. However, they are a strong real life NFL defense.

Edited by Ron677