[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Message Board League II

DMD

Might as well start some draft commentary here. Not really any major surprises in the first round. Going into pick 1.10, I had four guys in mind for the turn (1.12 and 2.01)... Two RB's and two WR's. I ended up getting the RB (Lynch) and the WR (Bryant) that I preferred. My second RB choice (Forte) went 1.10, and the second WR is still on the board at 2.04....

I debated between Lynch and Forte. I decided on Forte because of the 1 pt/rec. I was targeting either Bryant or Green at WR with my 2nd pick. Landed Green.

Forte might be the right pick, between the two. The only reason I was leaning SLIGHTLY towards Lynch was because I think he's more likely to have a monster game, while Forte may be more consistent. Who knows... That may just be my personal perception of the two. I don't have any stats to back it up... LOL. Heck, this is my first draft-only league, so I'm not even going to pretend that I know what I'm doing. I just find the strategy intriguing. I'm a sucker for new leagues. Add in the fact that it's a format I've never tried, and it's a done deal. :)

Went with Richardson at the 4 spot, then was debating hard on Chris Johnson, D.Thomas, and MJD. Well, CJ went the pick ahead of me, so I went with best available RB. Of course D.Thomas went the very next pick! I was also toying with Marshall, but I've found if I don't take another RB in the second (especially in 12 man league), that RB gets REAL thin, REAL quick. So I bit the bullet and rolled the dice with MJD, hoping that a decent WR falls to me as I'm only 7 picks away. Still tho, will look at BPA always.

I like Gophers and Buddahj's starts with Lynch and Dez and Forte and Green.

I figured I'd go a little more risky with Rice and then Graham instead of RB or WR with the 2nd pick.

Haven't tried this yet so what the heck it's a freeroll. I'm going RB/RB/RB...locked in Arian Foster in round 1, I'll take the risk that he performs to par, Reggie Bush in round 2 who I think could break the RB reception record this year, and then either David Wilson or Lamar Miller in Round 3. If an elite WR had fallen to me in round 3 I would have gone that direction, but that tier ends for me at Fitz, Johnson and White (the cagey vets) and they all went right before me.

Went with Richardson at the 4 spot, then was debating hard on Chris Johnson, D.Thomas, and MJD. Well, CJ went the pick ahead of me, so I went with best available RB. Of course D.Thomas went the very next pick! I was also toying with Marshall, but I've found if I don't take another RB in the second (especially in 12 man league), that RB gets REAL thin, REAL quick. So I bit the bullet and rolled the dice with MJD, hoping that a decent WR falls to me as I'm only 7 picks away. Still tho, will look at BPA always.

I had Trent ahead of McCoy on my predraft, I was positive I'd get him :wedgie:

I was surprised to see Brees on the 3rd round that I didn't even bother to look at the rest of players available :bag:

Flet the same way about Rodgers at 3.08. I'm trying to go BPA with Rice, Graham, Rodgers, so far. We'll see how that turns out...

Cruz in the 3rd and Lacy in the 4th. I'm pretty happy how my team is shaping up so far.

Almost took Cruz at 3.08 but passed cause Rodgers was still there and I'm glad I did as I'll get a comparable WR to him and the best QB.

Haven't tried this yet so what the heck it's a freeroll. I'm going RB/RB/RB...locked in Arian Foster in round 1, I'll take the risk that he performs to par, Reggie Bush in round 2 who I think could break the RB reception record this year, and then either David Wilson or Lamar Miller in Round 3. If an elite WR had fallen to me in round 3 I would have gone that direction, but that tier ends for me at Fitz, Johnson and White (the cagey vets) and they all went right before me.

Basically my plan as well, though opted for TRich in 1st, RBush in 2nd, took RWhite in 3rd, LMiller in 4th.

So far, I like Scourge's team the best. Not too happy with my WR's... I'm starting to regret jumping on Brees instead of grabbing one of the WR1 still one the board - I then could have picked - Brady, Newton or Ryan... oh well.

Edited by Shaman

Just a heads up. I have a local draft tonight and another one tomorrow afternoon. I'll check in when I can.

I have one at 7 tonight as well, with a BBQ starting at 4.