[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Message Board League III

DMD

I like Gophers and Buddahj's starts with Lynch and Dez and Forte and Green.

I figured I'd go a little more risky with Rice and then Graham instead of RB or WR with the 2nd pick.

Edited by irish

:blink:

What are you confused about? I can see if I can assist.

Edited by irish

I ended up with Megatron/Julio as my first two picks. That combo project points at or above AP/Charles, the first two picks in the draft. I'd have taken a bye week issue to get another top WR over available RB here. But I didn't need to. Plus everybody between here and my next pick already have one RB already.

Edited by MikesVikes

I ended up with Megatron/Julio as my first two picks. That combo project points at or above AP/Charles, the first two picks in the draft. I'd have taken a bye week issue to get another top WR over available RB here. But I didn't need to. Plus everybody between here and my next pick already have one RB already.

Pretty much my thinking with Green/Dez. Either one of these WR pairs could put up scary numbers and now we can pick up the scraps :)

Wrong league maybe?

Now that's a good call. Thanks for helping.

Who's to say straight-up VBD works in best ball formats?

I mean isn't consistency even more important in best ball from your elite core of players? More fliers at WR are likely to post a few huge games this year while being silent the rest of the year. I think I'll be able to get three or four late-round WRs that should each individually put up a few 100+ 1/2 TD games this year and combine well in best ball...don't see that available at RB. No late-round RBs that have the jack-in-the-box potential that WRs do, just because if they had the potential to (like Lamar Miller) then they would be drafted earlier.

Don't know if that makes sense or not but basically: More starting WRs on NFL teams. Targets are more randomly allocated than carries, therefore, more opp for big games for WRs than RBs.

I mean isn't consistency even more important in best ball from your elite core of players? More fliers at WR are likely to post a few huge games this year while being silent the rest of the year. I think I'll be able to get three or four late-round WRs that should each individually put up a few 100+ 1/2 TD games this year and combine well in best ball...don't see that available at RB. No late-round RBs that have the jack-in-the-box potential that WRs do, just because if they had the potential to (like Lamar Miller) then they would be drafted earlier.

Don't know if that makes sense or not but basically: More starting WRs on NFL teams. Targets are more randomly allocated than carries, therefore, more opp for big games for WRs than RBs.

Dude.... stop talking strategy with the enemy..... let's at least finish the draft before spilling all our secrets.... but, there are more than one way to skin a cat in best ball.