[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Message Board League III

DMD

I agree with Baby Jane but I don't plan on having Shonn Greene and Christine Michael as my best two RBs for the year. I did get a double digit TD RB in the 3rd round. But I was glad that I got him there. Is it too soon to draft the Arizona defense yet?

After going WR-WR to start, I was locked into best available RB at 3.12. I was pretty excited to grab Gore here. Sure, Kendall Hunter is going to see extended action and they have an electric up-and-comer in LaMichael James (not to mention the league's best running QB), but Gore should see plenty of carries in a run-heavy offense. Is he a RB1? Probably not, but in best ball format I think he'll put up a mix of solid games with a few big efforts mixed in.

And to start round 4, I went with one of the steadier TE options out there. Sure, I already have Dez Bryant but I felt 100% comfortable taking Witten here. He's a receptions machine in a pass-heavy offense. Doesn't score many TDs so the potential for a bunch of monster games is minimal, but you do want some consistency in best ball as well. Now I can wait on TE2 until the end of the draft and grab a guy with huge upside.

Wanted Lacy, instead went with Miller. Could have gone several different directions in this round, but always have felt best locking up my RBs early. Haven't played best ball enough to have a specific plan, this has seemed best in general this year.

Feel pretty good with TRich/RBush/RWhite/LMiller

Edited by Company of Heroes

For fun you should check out last year's draft. Specifically bostonsoxandy's. He took ARodg at 1.04. His 2nd pick was Fitz. Was his team short at the RB position I ask you? No he ended up with the top two scoring RBs for the year. AP in the 3rd and Doug Martin in the 5th on top of the 10th rb, Gore, in the 7th.

Add to that the #2 scoring Wr in the 4th and the #5 scoring Wr in the 6th.

It is incredible that he ended up just in 2nd place for the year. Fitz had a down year.

...and did I mention that the AP pick was one pick before mine? :sad: The drop off between AP and Sproles was hugh and I thought so at the time as well.

Edited by MikesVikes

That's why I always love leaving my thoughts in the comments sections on these types of drafts...provides some insight sometimes into my thoughts...

Called Fitz a "low-risk player", "betting against AP is never a good idea", "ecstatic with BMarsh", "would rather be a pick too early than a pick too late with Doug Martin", "The upside of Demaryius is so high its goofy", "Mike Williams should play into starting lineup a few times".

Would've won if Fitz didn't suck donkey balls. Oh well - this is the year.

Well shoot, the QB run happened a half round before I was hoping it did. Still, I'm happy to get Stafford as my QB1 in this format. He's going to throw the ball a TON again this season and will put up some huge games.

With the 2nd of the swing picks I took Vereen, who a ton of folks are super high on. No Woodhead, no Hernandez, and possibly no Gronk for a few games means a ton of opportunities in the short passing game for this "Swiss Army Knife" guy. I think he's more of a flex than a RB2, but my RB1 is more like a RB2 anyways since my WR1/2 are both on the stud side of the fence and I have a top TE.

So far the roster is shaping up pretty nicely in terms of a best ball format. That said, there's a few other teams that look pretty solid too. Fun draft so far.

I'm pretty sure I went to bed the same minute those two picks at 10:50 last night were made. And had Garcon in autodraft but oh well. Sorry for the holdup there guys.

No worries on my end. My question about time limit was intended to recommend that if we don't shut off the timer overnight, then we should.

flemingd has back to back picks here but its been three hours wiating on his second? Maybe he is sad about taking Bell?

Yes that must be the case. Someone get a suicide watch on him STAT