[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

TE Waiting

opopopop

Ok, please name the 17-19 TE's you say are better than Cook....

The problem here is that Cook hasn't shown much in Preseason, at least not enough to justify the hype. I'm not saying don't pick him up, just don't drop Gates to do it. Gates should be his starter until/unless Cook can show he's not just hype.

That's likely to fluctuate. Here's an excerpt from a previous article of mine that might better explain my position.

"The Rams’ TE hasn’t been worth any more than a backup roster slot since, like, well, I don’t remember. I do know that the 519 yards and 4 TDs that Lance Kendricks had last season are the most of any Rams TE in either category this century (although it certainly helped that Amendola was injured for a stretch or two). Now there’s a new kid in town, Jared Cook, who hasn’t really set the world on fire in his first three seasons with Tennessee, where he averaged just under what Kendricks posted last year--547 yards and 2.67 TDs per season. I would look for more of the same out of him in St. Louis, which makes him about the #20 TE in fantasy scoring (Kendricks was #18 last season)."

In 3 full seasons with 48 game starts he has 8 TDs and 1650 yards, in part with the same head coach he plays for now.

I could name a dozen easy that I'd rather take. He's no Frank Wycheck.

Edited by The Waiver Hounds

In 3 full seasons with 48 game starts he has 8 TDs and 1650 yards, in part with the same head coach he plays for now.

I could name a dozen easy that I'd rather take. He's no Frank Wycheck.

I agree he is not lock but it's not like Gates lit the world on fire last year. I'd take Cook's top 5 UPSIDE over Gates #13 overall in PPR formats 2012 any day.

And seriously, He was a rook when fish coached him. TEN is just a bad team. Perhaps I am a bit of a homer, but from what I've seen in Rams practice reports and in preseason, Bradford is locked in on Cook.

Bradford, albeit a weakness, has always had a tendancy to lock on hard with a target.

2010 - Mark Clayton.

2011 and 2012 Amendola

2013, my belief is Cook.

I'm not sure why you say Bradford is "locked in" on Cook. Here's his preseason so far...

0 targets in Game 1

1 target in Game 2

4/6 rec/targets in Game 3

Seems more like they were just seeing what he could do in Game 3, and dropping a third of the passes thrown his way probly din't raise his stock any.

I'm not sure why you say Bradford is "locked in" on Cook. Here's his preseason so far...

0 targets in Game 1

1 target in Game 2

4/6 rec/targets in Game 3

Seems more like they were just seeing what he could do in Game 3, and dropping a third of the passes thrown his way probly din't raise his stock any.

I live in ST. Louis and I'm pretty sure I follow the team more closely than you. Reports HERE (I could give a flying goose turd about preseason) ar that Bradford and Cook have a solid connection in practices, and the reports HERE say that cook has shown excellent chemistry with Bradford.

Of course I'm sure the people who follow this team every day have absolutely no idea what they are talking about.

edit: and yes, I do work for the department of redundancy department.

Edited by DanTheMan_5

I live in ST. Louis and I'm pretty sure I follow the team more closely than you. Reports HERE (I could give a flying goose turd about preseason) ar that Bradford and Cook have a solid connection in practices, and the reports HERE say that cook has shown excellent chemistry with Bradford.

Yes, because sports reporters don't try to hype the home team before the season.

Hint: I'm a former sports reporter.

I agree he is not lock but it's not like Gates lit the world on fire last year. I'd take Cook's top 5 UPSIDE over Gates #13 overall in PPR formats 2012 any day.

And seriously, He was a rook when fish coached him. TEN is just a bad team. Perhaps I am a bit of a homer, but from what I've seen in Rams practice reports and in preseason, Bradford is locked in on Cook.

Bradford, albeit a weakness, has always had a tendancy to lock on hard with a target.

2010 - Mark Clayton.

2011 and 2012 Amendola

2013, my belief is Cook.

Cook has never done squchives. Gates in a landslide. You're playing wishful homer, no offense. Guy has shown NOTHING in 4 years, and that's a fact.