[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A reason to pump the brakes on Eddie Lacy

keggerz

I tweeted this out earlier today:

Since Rodgers took over as starting QB for #Packers in 2008 they've had a RB carry the ball 20+ times in a game just 20 times #NFL

If you aren't concerned with carries and are only worried about yards then chew on this:

Only 25 times since 2008 had a RB posted 80 or more rushing yards in a game for GB.

Also,the Packers have had a RB post 100 or more yards just 9 times since 2008. The last being on 10/10/10 when Brandon Jackson posted 115 yards on 10 carries (71 yards came on one play).

i'm in all ppr leagues and i haven't drafted lacy in any of them because i just have a weird feeling about him and even if he can stay healthy, just don't think he'll be worth the spot he's being drafted in for ppr.

Edited by irish

I think with Jennings gone and questions at the receiving positions, not to mention the beating Rodgers took last year, the trend will be a more balanced approach in GB. I just see the pendulum starting to swing back. Doesn't mean Lacy will be great this year, but I think he'll put up the best stats a GB RB has put up in some time.

I think with Jennings gone and questions at the receiving positions, not to mention the beating Rodgers took last year, the trend will be a more balanced approach in GB. I just see the pendulum starting to swing back. Doesn't mean Lacy will be great this year, but I think he'll put up the best stats a GB RB has put up in some time.

They have only 3 top receivers this year compared with 5 last year. So less 4 WR sets coming.

not sure bout all that. Jennings missed 8 games. Driver was only targeted 13 times. other than Jordy being healthy what are the other questions with the wr's? Rodgers was 10th in the league last yr with 552 passes, I cant see that going down much if at all. sorry this is hard to read..my enter button doesn't work at the Huddle..

not sure bout all that. Jennings missed 8 games. Driver was only targeted 13 times. other than Jordy being healthy what are the other questions with the wr's? Rodgers was 10th in the league last yr with 552 passes, I cant see that going down much if at all. sorry this is hard to read..my enter button doesn't work at the Huddle..

I think the issues are whether Nelson, Cobb and Jones can now each move up and face a better CB than they did before (well at least for half the year.) Is Finley finally going to breakout at TE? This is his last chance. Rodgers sack totals from 2010-2012 have gone from 38 to 41 to 50+. I'm sure that has alot to do with throwing the ball 552 times. If you decrease that, you increase the chances your franchise player might play out his contract without requiring hospice care near the end of it. Lacy, if a serviceable RB, serves as an insurance policy for Rodgers.

I think the issues are whether Nelson, Cobb and Jones can now each move up and face a better CB than they did before (well at least for half the year.) Is Finley finally going to breakout at TE? This is his last chance. Rodgers sack totals from 2010-2012 have gone from 38 to 41 to 50+. I'm sure that has alot to do with throwing the ball 552 times. If you decrease that, you increase the chances your franchise player might play out his contract without requiring hospice care near the end of it. Lacy, if a serviceable RB, serves as an insurance policy for Rodgers.

hard to disagree, especially with the hits Rodger's takes. I guess i'll have to see the pass attempts go down to believe it though

sometimes the answers are this simple.

I think people get wrapped up too much in stats when they're not relevant. Like people think Shanny is a RBBC coach. He's not, sometimes it's about doing what a RB needs to do and stay healthy.

I've won a lot more since I've stopped over thinking this game.

so you think GB runs more and throws less this year?

sometimes the answers are this simple.

I think people get wrapped up too much in stats when they're not relevant. Like people think Shanny is a RBBC coach. He's not, sometimes it's about doing what a RB needs to do and stay healthy.

I've won a lot more since I've stopped over thinking this game.

exactly....sometimes the stats apply but stats are a real shallow way to look at things...there is always a story behind why things happen...

Rodgers will not hold up if they keep up the pass happy offense and that doesn't mean Rodgers won't still put up top 5 numbers if they stop passing so much....but also the run game wasn't all that effective so they had to throw more.....if the run blocking and RB's play their part then things will also open up more and Rodgers will still produce just as much with less attempts....

I would like to add that I think they run more....if it works...if Lacy or Franklin can't get yardage then they ae going to have to throw more and Rodgers gets a body cast....

Fwiw

Rushing attempts/yr

2008-437(1805 yds)...1st downs (YPC)-99(4.1)

2009-438(1885 yds)...1st downs (YPC)-102(4.3)

2010-421(1606 yds)...1st downs (YPC)-88(3.8)

2011-395(1558 yds)...1st downs (YPC)-89(3.9)

2012-433(1702 yds)...1st downs (YPC)-85(3.9)

I don't think they drafted Lacy to run the ball more...I think they drafted him to run the ball more effectively.

I feel the same way about Lacy, and in my drafts I targeted Bernard and Miller instead. Luckily, the people I drafted with in all cases were living in Lacyland and I got my guys as planned. Shoulda been a 6th rounder at best in my opinion.

Fwiw

Rushing attempts/yr

2008-437(1805 yds)...1st downs (YPC)-99(4.1)

2009-438(1885 yds)...1st downs (YPC)-102(4.3)

2010-421(1606 yds)...1st downs (YPC)-88(3.8)

2011-395(1558 yds)...1st downs (YPC)-89(3.9)

2012-433(1702 yds)...1st downs (YPC)-85(3.9)

I don't think they drafted Lacy to run the ball more...I think they drafted him to run the ball more effectively.

exactly my point.....they have abandoned the run because they were ineffective...it hasn't been for a lack of effort....

I feel the same way about Lacy, and in my drafts I targeted Bernard and Miller instead. Luckily, the people I drafted with in all cases were living in Lacyland and I got my guys as planned. Shoulda been a 6th rounder at best in my opinion.

I drank the Lacy kool-aid for almost a week and then after a few mock drafts and then looking at things a bit more clearly I started avoiding him and started targeting Ball Bernard and Miller....I just scooped up Ball and Bernard in a PPR and also got Ridley/Vereen at tremendous value....Bernard and Miller might be real steals this year...same with Ball imo...

exactly my point.....they have abandoned the run because they were ineffective...it hasn't been for a lack of effort....

they ran the ball 433 times last year...5 times fewer than in 09 and 4 times fewer than in 08...you know, the years when they had an effective RB.

agree 100%

they ran the ball 433 times last year...5 times fewer than in 09 and 4 times fewer than in 08...you know, the years when they had an effective RB.

mhm....if Lacy can be effective then ...yeah, but I am not sure if the run blocking has been good....you would assume that with that passing attack that holes would just open right up....it could be the RB's...the blocking....both?....

And I think if people got 1253/11 from those limited carries from their mid-round 3rd RB they would do back flips.

Point of clarification, Lacy is being drafted as a RB2 (ADP=RB22 over past 2 weeks)

or they could get 1203/4 (RB27) from those limited carries from a RB that's being drafted as a RB2, but I'm sure they'll be happy he at least had flex value.

Edited by keggerz

mhm....if Lacy can be effective then ...yeah, but I am not sure if the run blocking has been good....you would assume that with that passing attack that holes would just open right up....it could be the RB's...the blocking....both?....

Tuvey ranks the Packers OL for run blocking as "C"...but I just don't see how they run the ball much more than they did last year.