[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Barbershop Buzz

ChampSampson

Guys, I have been pulled away from writing by selfish capitalistic endeavours. My business is threatening to pull me out of poverty, and I need to keep an eye on it 7 days a week at this point.

I kind of dropped this all on the staff a little late in the game, once it became absolutely apparent to me this was a necessary decision. I apologize to everybody in this situation. I love writing the column. I already miss writing the column. But for the time being I just can't do it on a regular basis. I still may submit content as time allows. As for now - lets give the new guy (who had little time to prep for this gig) a chance to get his feet on the ground. I was rough as a pumice when I started, but I found my ground.

• Like 1

Something new? Let's complain about it!

when we lost Jumbotron's contribution, I thought to myself last year at least we have The Edge. Something about a Tuesday morning, coffee in hand, feeling bitter at the world...the edge made me laugh and feel sane again. \

I'll never forget the consecutive weeks (years) when Detroit was in the #1 misery index spot... Ratteree kept it fresh and funny. I never wanted Detroit to do well again. :)

I'll still read the new stuff, as I'd drink my coffee cold if I have to. (thanks to Rat and DMD for the reply)

Edited by ChampSampson

70% of the reason I signed up again for the huddle was for "commentary from the edge". It might have been nice if they let us know. No Rat next year I'm moving on. Damm...Tuesday mornings are going to blow. Come on Kevin, Does it take days to write 2 paragraphs? Man up!

I totally got it. Random bitching of a bunch of guys sitting round killing a day talking about FF, plus it's intended to replace the Misery Index. It needs a bit more influence from Eddie Murray and Arsenio Hall, but it was fun.

Hall of Famer in baseball. Good influence for aspiring first basemen.