[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Did Welker fumble twice?

oogabooga

I got the same thing. We are a CBS league and don't get any positive points for an individual on special teams. I was shocked when I got negative though. I want to say this never happened in the past and our commish didn't change the scoring. I wonder if CBS added automatically?

I think it sucks that there's no upside on scoring points from individuals on special teams but there's a downside

IIRC, these will continue to shoe s there is no differentiation in stat feeds about what kind of play a fumble occurs on. Thus, the only thing the stats show is that Welker fumbled. In this case, it is unlikely that it is a league setting causing this.

You could see if your commish would manually adjust the scoring for you.

No I got -2 for that BS special teams fumble

The guy in our NFL.com league that owns Welker got the same deduction. We reward special teams but it was not supposed to be individual players unless it happened on offense. A little wierd.

It was a muffed punt. By defintion, a muffed punt is not a fumble. I used to correct this kind fo stuff in my one league, but yours may do it itself.

A muffed punt is not a fumble. To be a fumble, the receiving team must possess the football, then lose control. In the case of a fumble, the ball is live and can be returned by the team that recovers the ball. In the case of a muffed punt, it is possible for the punting team to recover the ball and continue the drive, but at least in NCAA and NFL rules, they cannot advance the ball on that same play. Rules vary by league about how to handle a muffed punt.

For those on CBS, they made a "slight" change to the Fumble Lost category and added "including ST plays".

This was never in the system before, and we have specific league rules that say that if a specific position player (ie: WR) plays on Special teams, they will not get credit for any TD's they may have. The DEF/ST would get the credit. Likewise, that same player cannot be penalized.

CBS added the "including ST plays" to the Fumbles Lost category, and I had to manually adjust scores in two leagues where I'm the commissioner.

I sent a nasty gram to CBS, but I highly doubt they'll change it back to the way it was.......

Now that I think about it just because they added ST to the lost fumbles shouldnt mean individual players get dinged. I read it that if my ST fumbles a value of 2 points will be removed.

Still sucks either way and I don't like the fact that they made adjustments to the scoring automatically

Yep notices this as well, appreciate the explanation so I don't need to go digging on CBS. Not sure what we'll do, probably let their scoring change go rather than deal with the corrections when needed.

ETA We decided to just let the scoring change go through. We do score TD on punt/kick returns for the individual player (don't play team ST just team D) so we thought it was ok to count fumbles as well. Will send something out to the league explaining it.

Edited by stevegrab