[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Week 1 TEs

Wolv

Collective scoring is unreal - all time ff record? Both studs and sleepers went off this week, and still have a few games to go...

Cook - 141/2

Thomas - 110/2

Cameron - 108/1

Davis - 98/2

Clark - 87

Winslow - 79/1

Finley - 56/1

Bennet - 49/1

Graham - 45/1

Witten - 62/1 @ halftime

Based primarily on the Huddle's high rating I took Cook in the 2of 3 leagues. Fell into the 8th and 9th rounds. Unfortunately, he was snagged earlier in the third league, perhaps by a fellow Huddler. So I patted myself on the back by snagging Sudfeld in the 11th. Such is life.

I had the 12th pick in that league so I have the 1st pick in the waiver queue and J Thomas is available... :thinking:

So, I have a question........ Over the years, it always seems like the first few weeks of the season that TE's make a much larger impact than they do as the season progresses. Some TE's continue to play at a high level throughout the season, but many others typically fall off the radar with the occasional good game thrown in for good measure..... The quickest example I can come up with off the top of my head from last year was Martellus Bennett. He scored TD's in each of his first 3 games and then really disappeared from a fantasy perspective.

I also know there's been a trend within the NFL to throw more to the TE position simply because it presents matchup problems for the linebackers on some defenses in the middle of the field.

It's clear that more TE's made an impact in terms of fantasy scoring yesterday than in years past, however, if history continues to repeat itself, does anyone think we'll see a fall off of some TE's again this year??? And if so, who does everyone think has the biggest chances to fall off, and who stays at a high level??? :thinking:

Based primarily on the Huddle's high rating I took Cook in the 2of 3 leagues. Fell into the 8th and 9th rounds. Unfortunately, he was snagged earlier in the third league, perhaps by a fellow Huddler. So I patted myself on the back by snagging Sudfeld in the 11th. Such is life.

I had the 12th pick in that league so I have the 1st pick in the waiver queue and J Thomas is available... :thinking:

I am contemplating grabbing Orange Julius with my #1 WW priority as well.

Was initially bummed I had benched Cameron for Cook. Turns out it was the right call.

I did the exact opposite. Was stoked in the morning that I did so. Still wasn't disappointed after the Rams game. I think they're both just as good as advertised. I think Cameron has the higher ceiling, but Cook has more opportunity.

I never worry much about TEs during the draft. I tier them out, and then I work toward getting a second tier TE (the studs always get drafted well before I am willing to use a pick). Inevitably there are two, perhaps three TEs I have targeted who are available in later rounds who can provide steady production. While I am happy Cook went off this week, I do not expect him to be the next Jimmy Graham, and I keep my eyes open for the next WW wonder in the TE position.

I keep one TE and use bench space for RBs and WRs.

• Like 1