[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Giants auditioning RBs

kingsofromance

Serious, or just a motivational ploy to wake up Wilson?

From what I hear on tv/radio, etc it is not just a ploy ... there is presumed to be some real concern in the NYG organization not just with Wilson's fumbling, but with a supposed inability to learn/execute various assignments on whatever plays being run where Wilson is not the ball carrier, his continued inability to reliably pass protect, etc, etc. Maybe it is just the media talking heads finding things to talk about, but often where there is smoke there is fire, so I guess the talk can't really be dismissed, at least until we see who/when (if) the NYG choose to sign at RB and then how fast that RB gets integrated into the offense.

They were already planning to sign somebody after week 1 even before Wilson imploded. But the hire becomes much more interesting now, and the perceived value of any new signee has spiked with the circus they trotted out there last night.

I dropped Greg Little. I hate Greg Little. Every year since Greg Little has been in the league I have drafted Greg Little. Every year I hate Greg Little. I am done owning Greg Little. For some reason it was important to me to type Greg Little over and over again in the thread.... Greg Little.

• Like 3

I dropped Greg Little. I hate Greg Little. Every year since Greg Little has been in the league I have drafted Greg Little. Every year I hate Greg Little. I am done owning Greg Little. For some reason it was important to me to type Greg Little over and over again in the thread.... Greg Little.

:lol:

• Like 1

Huddle Newbie of the year?

• Like 1

You are not gonna vote :missing: Baby Jane ? :D

That would be the Newbie Tool of the Year. Newbie of the year is a different award, a positive one.

PS WTF does Greg Little have to do with this thread?

PPS If you're playing fantasy football and don't know who Greg Little is, I wouldn't consider that a good thing.

He already won that in 2011.

:doh: Should have remembered that since it was the year I won Newbie of the Year.

At that time I hadn't been exposed to Baby Jane and his obnoxious ways and probably wondered why he was considered a tool. I guess now he'd probably get the Most Annoying award. Well that is if we were still doing them, I didn't see a 2012 thread so it must have died last year.

Ahh, good times...

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?/topic/374249-2011-huddle-awards-results/page__hl__%2Bnewbie+%2Btool

He'll get another shot. Coughlin said as much in an interview, and if they were going to try to bring in some stiff off the streets they would have done it yesterday to get them as ready as possible. He'll be on a short leash perhaps, but he's going to get another opportunity. They have too much invested and not enough alternatives not to give him another shot.

Brandon Jacobs back. Glad I picked him up for Greg Little, who I hate.

Honestly I think the Giants made this move simply to light a fire under Wilson's butt.... and of course as insurance should Wilson flame out. Jacobs has the familiarity factor so if Wilson busts, here comes big Brandon.

Had the G-men signed McGahee I think we would have seen an RBBC situation. Now, I'm saying this is Wilson's job to lose.

This could also be an indication of McGahee' physical well being. He was 10 times the runner Jacobs was, I would think if he was healthy enough the G-men would have snagged him instead, considering their somewhat dire circunstances here.

I would think it is pretty much the same, but if you are implying that in itself would give him a leg up, I just don;t think that would enter into it all that much. It's not all that complicated. Block that dude trying to crash Eli, and take this handoff and fall down for two yards. Unless a defender falls down, then lumber for 8 yards until you are out of breath.