[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Week 2 Free Agent Forecast

Pats Fan 2003

Hankerson is someone who gets hyped by his coaches every offseason up until say week 3 when he flops in the only meaningful preseason game and then he does nothing. I have followed Hankerson for his two seasons and this was the first time he ever looked good. I would agree it is early to go jumping on any bandwagon. He did not win a starting job this summer.

Hankerson is someone who gets hyped by his coaches every offseason up until say week 3 when he flops in the only meaningful preseason game and then he does nothing. I have followed Hankerson for his two seasons and this was the first time he ever looked good. I would agree it is early to go jumping on any bandwagon. He did not win a starting job this summer.

Don't remember the week but I picked him up last season for a 1 week fill in and he got me 15ish points of I remember correctly.

Being a Redskins fan, I have seen a lot of Hankerson's snaps and would agree that he has a lot of upside. However, for every two good things he does, he does one really awful mistake. If you looked at his stat line last night, you would think he had a very solid night. However, this is a little misleading. Most of the game, we were playing catch up, and after having run the ball so much last year, I really doubt that Shanahan wants to keep airing it out for 45+ times a game. He is still behind Garcon and Moss in the pecking order and that showed last night with targets as well. And while, yes, Hankerson did catch 2 TDs last night, he also had an extremely boneheaded drop on 3rd down within the Eagles 40 yard line and down just two scores. In all honesty, it cost us the game (excluding the poor play in the first half) cause then we had to burn our timeouts after failing to convert on the 4th down play. In order for me to pick up Hankerson, I need to see him go off one more time. But I believe there are much better options than him out there- (ex. Edelman, Andre Roberts, Hartline, etc).