[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Barbershop Column

Chicago Beers

For what it's worth... In the beginning we received more than a few complaints about "Commentary From the Edge". But Kevin ended up having a successful and popular 10 year run here at The Huddle. Give the new guy a chance. If the new piece turns out to be your cup of tea, great. If not, no harm no foul. Just don't read it. They say vote with your remote for TV. On the 'net it's vote with your mouse. At the end of the season our members will always have the final say.

this may be a stupid question but how am I supposed to know if the column sucks or not without clicking on it? Do you guys have TeaLeaf or some kind of analytic software to see whether I click on it and then click off within 5 seconds? I definitely will give it a grace period, and assuming the entire format and content changes I will continue reading, but how would you know the difference between me checking in and making that determination?

I dunno the split between regular subscribers and forums posters, so it may be that only the forums posters complain, and you guys have 1000000's of other readers who click on it and dig the content, but without comments being enabled within the columns, it's kind of hard to know.

I say know where you stand definitively, and offer commenting, moderated or not, within the columns (again). I don't recall it getting out of hand beforehand, but I may have just not been paying attention.

Edited by WildTurkey

I too would not have renewed if I had know Commentary from edge was going to be gone. Man I loved Tuesday mornings....

I know I speak for many Huddlers in saying we're really going to miss you and all your contributions when you're gone...btw when will that be?

I also really really really liked Rateree's column, but I would have still renewed anyhow. Hopefully Kevin comes back next season.

Oh yeah, bitch, bitch, bitch.

This is what's wrong with the twitter generation. Piss and moan about something that 99.999% of people don't want to hear, but you'll still get 12 likes!

When I say that it was better, I guess it seemed to be a better mix of comedy (less of it) and fantasy content. There were actually a few interesting tidbits of information (rushing numbers versus passing numbers through two weeks, etc.). And, although there are still some funny parts (or at least parts that are intended to be funny), there weren't as many of them, and it didn't seem like the author was trying too hard to make the reader laugh (and going all over the place, topic-wise, in doing so).

Still room for improvement, but I thought it was far better than the first two weeks. Those were articles that I felt I could have missed, and wouldn't be missing anything. At least this week's got my attention enough that I'm bound to be interested to see what tidbits are in next week's column.

OK... So, no apostrophe needed (I looked it up, and it's a common misspelling). That's sort of my point... I'm not writing an official column for the site. If I had been, I would have taken the time to double-check my work.

As for my spelling mistake, I actually think there should be an apostrophe there (since it's slang for typographical error, and the apostrophe doesn't have to be possessive... it can also be used in place of missing letters in slang/abbreviated words). But, I'm not going to claim to be an expert in the confusing language we call English, so I guess I'll just leave it be. :)

Concur that this week's read was much better. More and better content. Less over the top, laboring trying to be funny. Yeah, QBs and WRs have been dominating thus far. The NFL is a passing league no doubt. Rule changes over the years are making it harder to defend the pass. As in baseball when they say "chicks dig the long ball", in football, fans dig the big plays, quick TDs, and high-scoring games. Still, RBs are important and I believe will retain strong value in fantasy leagues and continue to be drafted high since almost all formats require 2 starting RBs.

OK... So, no apostrophe needed (I looked it up, and it's a common misspelling). That's sort of my point... I'm not writing an official column for the site. If I had been, I would have taken the time to double-check my work.

As for my spelling mistake, I actually think there should be an apostrophe there (since it's slang for typographical error, and the apostrophe doesn't have to be possessive... it can also be used in place of missing letters in slang/abbreviated words). But, I'm not going to claim to be an expert in the confusing language we call English, so I guess I'll just leave it be. :)

typo - singular

typos - plural

has nothing to do with possesive or slang or leaving letters out.

You are right on one count, somebody being paid to write, or providing material to those paying for it should take more care than somebody posting on a forum.