[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Edelman's Value

faceplant

Edelman is the prototypical Patriot that comes around every few years. A gritty grinder. A guy who wouldn't make it anywhere else except for Boston, the land of majestic legendary sports figures who thrive because of the tea party water there or something. Or some BS like that. Cowboy up. Buy into the magic, because week one was the preview.

In all seriousness, he knows the system better than anyone else, everyone else is hurt, and he has the highest floor of any of the Patriot receivers currently. He's going to get at least 5 catches a game, book it. What he does with them is anyone's guess, but he is guaranteed those 5.

With a short week, Amandola and Gronk out, and apparently no real practice by the Patriots this week (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/10/patriots-dont-bother-practicing-for-jets/), I have to think Edelman is in for a big game if not for just week 2.

But I could definitely see this turning into the 4th or 5th coming of the 2nd coming....

I liked Edelman before last week's game. I drafted him in a few leagues. I could've picked him over players like Randle or Sanu but I don't like all the teams to be identical.

Edelman has had great games in the past and now the team has less options. He has the ability to have an explosive game and I don't think Brady is going to hand it off 70% of the time.

Agree 100%. I would also not be surprised to see someone other than Edelman or Thompkins stand out. I still think Edelman will have a good game, so I guess perhaps I'm thinking someone other than Thompkins has a nice game... maybe 5-6 catches for 70-80 yards and a TD.

:thinking: