[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What is Darrell Scott's value?

euphy

Keep in Mind they signed Brandon Jacobs today also......and if you think Coughlin won't play Jacobs, Scott or both for the next 10 weeks to prove a point to Mr. Wilson then watch some video from last season.

Edited by dope man

Keep in Mind they signed Brandon Jacobs today also......and if you think Coughlin won't play Jacobs, Scott or both for the next 10 weeks to prove a point to Mr. Wilson then watch some video from last season.

The difference is he had an alternative that could be effective. He's not going to cut off his nose to spite his face. Neither Scott nor Jacobs is nearly the talent Wilson is, or even Bradshaw could be last year when healthy. He will eventually if he has to, but that's not going to be after one game.

thunder and lightning is back baby!

Maybe not, but I'm sure the Giants are having second thoughts on letting Bradshaw go. He probably wasn't worth the cost to re-sign, but he would have been a nice® option to use exclusively in week 1 after yanking the leash. I would imagine the Giants knew the high upside they had in Wilson, were OK to roll with that with the knowledge they had what appeared to be a dependable back in Brown as a reliable worker, and then were caught with their pants down after Scott couldn't also make it through week 1 without goofing up. Remember, they were pretty close to winning regardless of the mistakes Wilson and Scott made, and regardless of the points their D gave up. Which is just as concerning to me; their secondary looked crappy.

I agree that Wilson will probably make anyone who doubted him after week 1 look like fools. They will give him a 2nd and 3rd chance. They have to. No need to go all in on a supposed replacement bell cow when Wilson will be given a second chance, and most likely, succeed. Like flemingd said, the replacement talent is NOT out there.

Maybe not, but I'm sure the Giants are having second thoughts on letting Bradshaw go.

I was wondering about this. That's a big, important position to lock up, and it was a hugh risk to take. The $ wasn't all that significant, maybe $1.5 mil IIRC, so there had to be a significant health concern for them to leave themselves so thin. Even having Brown wasn't a wise backout plan since he's never been a beacon of health/talent/production himself.