[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Spiller concern

WildTurkey

You mean like taking his 22 touches in week 1 and saying he'll get that every week for a total of 352 touches for the season.

I am going to assume this is a joke because it is impossible to be this stupid. I have NO CLUE how many tocuhes the guy will get this year...NONE AT ALL.

My point, and I guess you couldn't understand it, was the man got 22 touches in week 1. All this oh see I knew he wouldn't be good, and he is doomed talk after one game is comical. The man got his touches. It isn't like FJax had a ton of touches and Spiller had 7. Overall if he gets 20 touches a game +/- that is all any Spiller owner can ask for.

I am not saying he will get 352 touches this year. Or even that he will get 22 touches a game. I am saying to me I would only be concerned if his touches drop and FJax gets more of the load. Not that he struggled in ONE GAME. Amazing.

Edited by giantsfan

I am going to assume this is a joke because it is impossible to be this stupid. I have NO CLUE how many tocuhes the guy will get this year...NONE AT ALL.

My point, and I guess you couldn't understand it, was the man got 22 touches in week 1. All this oh see I knew he wouldn't be good, and he is doomed talk after one game is comical. The man got his touches. It isn't like FJax had a ton of touches and Spiller had 7. Overall if he gets 20 touches a game +/- that is all any Spiller owner can ask for.

I am not saying he will get 352 touches this year. Or even that he will get 22 touches a game. I am saying to me I would only be concerned if his touches drop and FJax gets more of the load. Not that he struggled in ONE GAME. Amazing.

Brilliant and predictable response, another "I'm always right and you guys are all dumb" poster.

In your first post in this thread you said "Spiller had 22 touches in game 1. If he gets 352 touches this season, I think he'll be a top notch # 1 RB. Not too concerned." DUH, any NFL RB that got 352 touches a season is going to be a top RB. The concerns are that he won't do that.

People are concerned, he was sitting late in the game while Jackson was playing. He was overhyped (according to many) with all the issues (new offense, FJax lingering, etc.).

I do agree that people are too quick to take one game and make rash decisions. But for you to say that then use his stats from one week to predict total touches seems pretty lame.

I am FAR from always right. The point is AGAIN I am not proclaiming victory, good or bad, after ONE GAME. Double so when the guy had 22 touches. IF IF IF he got that many touches every game he would be a sure stud no doubt in my mind.

If FJax gets more touches this weekend, and Spiller drops to under 15 touches, yes then I would be concerned. Until then I am not making any proclamations, GOOD OR BAD, after 1 game when the player had 22 touches.

And again, since you still don't get it, I am not using one week to predict total touches. I am saying to those who are saying see he will underperform and I knew it AFTER ONE WEEK, that the guy got 22 touches. IF he got that amount of touches every game he will be fine. Maybe he won't, and FJax passes him, who knows. But as of now I am not going crazy after 1 game and 22 touches.

Wasn't on my draft board at all unless he fell to the fourth round or so. My draft philosophy goes something like this. I first look at the team and asses the offense for potential points. Then I look at history of production. Then I look at injury risk. Spiller ranked low in all three categories. First he plays on a team that will struggle to score points consistently. He's hasn't put together two or more good seasons of production in his career. Lastly, he came into the league with serious knee concerns and has pretty much been injury bugged his entire career. Add that to Fred Jackson who is pretty much the same player, I assumed Buffalo figured 1/2 of a back +1/2 of a back make a whole.

Couple that with a rookie starting QB and you have the making of an inconsistent running game, with inconsistent passing game equals and inconsistent Spiller. Don't want that in my #1back period. Goes against my #1 rule, draft players on teams that will score points. Not sure how Buffalo's offense is going to consistently score points, thus Spiller is a low end #2 if not a #3 back that should be drafted in the third or fourth round.

• Like 2

I wish I would've passed on him with my 1.10 or 2.01. I just thought the value was there to take him with the last pick in the 1st.

Seriously... Cowboyz saying he would have taken him in the 3rd/4th.... not sure there were any leagues like that this season. But like you, I would have had trouble passing on him in that range considering he was a top-5ish guy in most formats.

Seriously... Cowboyz saying he would have taken him in the 3rd/4th.... not sure there were any leagues like that this season. But like you, I would have had trouble passing on him in that range considering he was a top-5ish guy in most formats.

Basically what I am saying is he would be long gone before I would have considered him that's all. He's just not a RB1 IMO. Sproles, Murray, Lacy, Bush, CJ, Gore and even BJGE would be my picks over Spiller.

This is crazy talk.

Maybe so but CIN is going to score more points than the Buffalo Bills and someone has to take those opportunities into the endzone. I believe BJGE will have more of an opportunity to score then Spiller. I don't trust Spiller to make it through the entire season. I don't at all trust the Bills rookie QB to move the ball consistently which will only result in teams playing the run more often. Lastly, I can see the Bills being behind A LOT which will further reduce Spillers opportunities.

That's my analysis and I'm sticking to it..........

The next big game Spiller has I trade him, that is if I owned him, which I don't, and wouldn't, so nevermind.

Edited by Cowboyz1

Maybe so but CIN is going to score more points than the Buffalo Bills and someone has to take those opportunities into the endzone. I believe BJGE will have more of an opportunity to score then Spiller. I don't trust Spiller to make it through the entire season. I don't at all trust the Bills rookie QB to move the ball consistently which will only result in teams playing the run more often. Lastly, I can see the Bills being behind A LOT which will further reduce Spillers opportunities.

That's my analysis and I'm sticking to it..........

Like you my biggest issue is their rookie QB and teams stacking the line and it is why I also did not have him in any leagues. that being said, I got Green-Ellis and if I could get spiller for him I would be doing the happy dance

Basically what I am saying is he would be long gone before I would have considered him that's all. He's just not a RB1 IMO. Sproles, Murray, Lacy, Bush, CJ, Gore and even BJGE would be my picks over Spiller.

Spiller warrants RB1 consideration just as much (if not more) than any of those 3 this season, IMO.

I am a tad concerned about Spiller. Will he preform, yes. but for those who drafted him in the first two rounds expect him to preform the an elite RB1. when he will preform much like an RB2. still good just not great.

My draft philosophy goes something like this. I first look at the team and asses the offense for potential points. Then I look at history of production. Then I look at injury risk. Spiller ranked low in all three categories.

So then, out of curiosity, this type of ranking system would have made Michael Turner a lock for a top 5 or 10 overall pick last year, correct? Was on a great offense, historically a proven player and relatively low injury risk. I like your system, but it's always hard to determine who is injury prone and not and who may be over the hill. I think every running back can be injury prone in some way. Look at Charles, McCoy, Foster, even Reggie Bush. All have missed games due to injury. It's tough to tell who will last all season.

When it comes to a first round pick I make sure it is some that has a history of success and durability. I would rather take a slightly less talented player that has past results, then a guy that has incredible talent, but possible injury issues. I always believe that no one makes a playoff in the first round, but could possibly miss them with a bad first rounder. I saw Spiller rank in the top five or six and there was no way I take him that high.

• Like 1

I wouldn't be too concerned about Spiller. I believe Belicheck had devised a game plan to stop spiller to begin with. He has a way of taking over the opposing teams best player. However when Fred Jackson went in I believe they didn't think that Jackson would get the workload he got so they figured they would be passing instead of running.