[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Average Blind Bid Amount

LosGatosEnFuegos

I'd be shocked if there is something. I know that there are websites that suggest a percentage of your spending allotment but to actually list a specific dollar amount? Not sure there is a place to find that as with all the unique league designs/rules, it'd be hard to predict.

For instance, in one of my leagues, Leon Washington was just won for an insane bid of $500 out of the $1,000 allotment. Meanwhile, Bolden went for $17. I'm sure most places wouldn't recommend spending half of your allotment on Washington.

the guy that got Bolden for $17 got a steal

Some dude just dropped 100% of his budget on Julius Thomas.

I like OJ, but damn, that is just foolish.

Agreed on both counts.

Looking over the stats for FFPC online I see that Thomas went for an AVERAGE of 960 out of 1000 budget. i've been playing these kinds of contests for many years, memory may be failing me, but I don't remember another player that garnered that kind of average winning bid after the first week.

Of course those drafts were conducted from July 25 on, so Thomas wasn't really on the radar much at all in those early drafts, and I would suspect leagues that draft very early like that in general have teams with much bigger holes to fill. And it is a tight end premium league. But wow. 960 average winning bid. That's all in.

That's nuts. We had one team pay over 400 a piece for Dustin Keller and Dallas Clark in one of our leagues... he already had Jimmy Graham but no real backup at that spot.... and I felt had other weaknesses that he can't address anymore. But still, 80%+ of your budget in week one on those guys.

Who knows, maybe I am way off on my opinion of them for the season.

That's nuts. We had one team pay over 400 a piece for Dustin Keller and Dallas Clark in one of our leagues... he already had Jimmy Graham but no real backup at that spot.... and I felt had other weaknesses that he can't address anymore. But still, 80%+ of your budget in week one on those guys.

Who knows, maybe I am way off on my opinion of them for the season.

I hope you meant Kellen Winslow instead of Keller. I bucked up over 3 bills for Winslow myself. Not so sure I would have went big on both those guys if I had Graham in my pocket though.

Still, all of that is better than the guy who I'm sure accidentally shot his wad on Garrett Celek. Ouch.

I hope you meant Kellen Winslow instead of Keller. I bucked up over 3 bills for Winslow myself. Not so sure I would have went big on both those guys if I had Graham in my pocket though.

Still, all of that is better than the guy who I'm sure accidentally shot his wad on Garrett Celek. Ouch.

Yes, it was Winslow... not sure why keller was in my brain.

And yes, I have read on a couple of the FFPC related boards about guys bidding pretty heavy on Garrett Celek and also Marlon Moore instead of Marlon Brown.

Might be a dumb question, but aren't Dreesen and Tamme still in the picture when healthy? I think the Julius Thomas hype might be getting just a little out of control :unsure:

Tamme was healthy last week and played spme snaps iirc.

I feel really confident in saying: barring injury, JT will be the season-long starting TE for Denver. Im actually trying to trade Jimmy Graham in one league because I also have JT.

Tamme was healthy last week and played spme snaps iirc.

I feel really confident in saying: barring injury, JT will be the season-long starting TE for Denver. Im actually trying to trade Jimmy Graham in one league because I also have JT.

I think that may end up being a massive mistake. IMO.

I think that may end up being a massive mistake. IMO.

Well I need to trade one of them because its no good having studs on my bench especially when I need a RB. I can fetch more for Graham and I don't think the gap between Graham and JT is very large. Gotta take risks to win this game and this is a calculated risk.

Well I need to trade one of them because its no good having studs on my bench especially when I need a RB. I can fetch more for Graham and I don't think the gap between Graham and JT is very large. Gotta take risks to win this game and this is a calculated risk.

You're reading pretty heavily into that first game, aren't ya? :unsure:

You should be looking to trade JT while he is hot. Graham is a proven stud, JT had a nice week. A lot of mouths to feed in Denver and he is not the best blocker. They want to protect Manning for taking shots like the Ravens were putting on him. I think he can be top 10 but not in Graham's league. You should be able to get a servicable RB from someone for him.

In that case I would trade the guy whose value is at its peak, and that's Thomas.... again, IMO.

Put it this way, i will trade whoever fetches the best return. I'm only speculating that will be Graham. If that ends up being JT, even better. Graham is obviously the safer option because he has been studly for 2 seasons vs 1 game. That said, i'm comfortable rolling with JT as my starter if it means getting a RB1

Put it this way, i will trade whoever fetches the best return. I'm only speculating that will be Graham. If that ends up being JT, even better. Graham is obviously the safer option because he has been studly for 2 seasons vs 1 game. That said, i'm comfortable rolling with JT as my starter if it means getting a RB1

you're not getting a RB 1 for a TE alone

I don't think anyone would give him a tried and true RB1 for Thomas. But I could certainly see a situation where a desperate (and loaded-at-RB) owner would trade a RB1 type of back for Graham. :shrug:

Sure but outside of a dynasty how could anyone be loaded ar RB?