[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kellen Winslow turning back the clock

MTSuper7

Everyone seems to knee jerk react to week one, but I'm curious if any homers have opinions about Winslow... Did not really playing last year help his knees? Was last week a fluke? Dude has always had tons of talent, and with the rookie QB seems intriguing as a bargain bin TE option. Thoughts?

I decided long ago to stop ignoring the numbers. He had 8 targets, and he's the (currently) only TE on a team with a rookie QB and very little talent at WR. Yes, he has some negative history, but even if he's not the specimen he once was, he's going to get targeted. Heath Miller and Brandon Myers are about as athletic as construction barrels but they put up great numbers just because they were there. I liked Cumberland in preseason as a watch list or flyer guy if my draft went that way for the same reasons. He was getting a lot of looks.

If I have a need, I'm definitely buying. If I have dead roster spots he's on my list.

• Like 1

I lost last week in a league where I picked both him and Cumberland up with Gronk out. Cumberland was a deeper sleeper prior to Winslow's signing and remained "the starter" and looked like the better play last week. Boy was I wrong. :kicksrock:

For the record, I'm playing Winslow with a just a smidge of confidence tonight.

Just picked him up last night from waiver, cook was my #1 priority but someone had higher waiver order.

I'm thinking about benching Rudolph for Winslow based on the volume of targets

Leagues that use waiver priority are so outdated. Blind bidding, where everyone has an equal shot at picking up every player, followed by FCFS is the best system.

Leagues that use waiver priority are so outdated. Blind bidding, where everyone has an equal shot at picking up every player, followed by FCFS is the best system.

Meh... I like blind bidding as well, but there's no right or wrong answer. Some leagues, believe it or not, prefer to use the waiver priority, or in some cases, rolling waiver priority. And, in many cases, they have legitimate reasons for doing so. Doesn't make them wrong, doesn't mean they're outdated, etc. It's a matter of preference, in my opinion. Just like PPR versus non-PPR, IDP versus non-IDP, or redraft versus keeper/dynasty. One isn't any better than the other, and I actually enjoy doing a little bit (or in some cases, a lot) of all of the above.

I really don't want to get into a debate over it, as I've heard the arguments from both sides a thousand times, but to say that one format is outdated is silly. Sure, blind bidding is becoming more and more popular. But, that doesn't mean you can't have a legitimate league without it. It's like saying that you have to use MFL because Yahoo sucks. I just don't buy it (even though all 18 of my leagues this year are on MFL). :bag: Some leagues don't need MFL or it's options, because they simply don't want the complexity that it comes with. The same thing can be said of blind bidding. Some leagues prefer to keep it simple, and their owners unanimously agree with leaving it that way.

• Like 1

If you have a need and no one to fill the spot I would take him. If I didn't grab J. Thomas and J. Cameron or J. Cook in all my leagues I would have snatched him up. He won't be Tony Gonzalez, Gronk, or Graham. Not even Witten or Daniels. But after them the field is wide open and he will be near the top of it.