[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kenbrell Thompkins, NE

Bree22

I am actually surprised that I haven't seen any news about this. I did not see the game so not sure what to make of this.

With Amedonla out, studfeld not getting love week 1, what happened on those other 10 targets? Were they Thompkins fault or Brady forcing the ball to him in bad coverage? does Brady lose confidence in him going forward?

I mean that is good and bad news in those stats and I haven't seen one site actually address this directly.

Any and all insight would be much appreciated.

I watched the NFL Replay version of the game last night. During that they mentioned that Brady told all the receivers during camp that he is going to throw a lot to Amendola, because he is doing things right. If they want their chances they need to run better routes, be in the right place, don't drop balls, etc.

With Vereen, Gronk and Amendola out I don't see how he doesn't continue trying to get the ball to Thompkins. But I think Edelman gets more of those targets (that went to others) than Thompkins, because Brady trusts him more.

I didn't really notice whether Thompkins was dropping balls or what. I'm sure if you dig around you can find some info on how many were drops, uncatchable and other stuff. Somebody posted that kind of info regarding Greg Little for week 1.

He's a rookie, first game jitters it looked like to me and had a defense actually trying to cover him, and not doing a bad job of it. Most of his miscues came in the first half and as the game progressed he looked better and more composed. Give him some time to get accustomed to the pace, he should be a good one.

Agree with what ABearWithFurniture said above -- Thompkins did not look like the same player we saw in the preseason or heard about from training camp. Disappointing performance for sure - but he also had two looks in the end zone - and another four yard catch where he went down at the 1.

So the bad - he looked like a jittery rookie. The good - Tom gave him a ton of targets, including looks in the redzone.

That said - it was his first real game, on the road, against a divisional opponent with a very hyped up crowd.

I don't think the Pats are going to go away from him this earlier after one bad game, and I don't think they really can, even if they wanted to, because of their injuries. Dobson might actually play tonight - so maybe that takes a couple of his targets away - but I think Thompkins will be given a chance to bounce back tonight.

Hopefully, being at home will help him.

If you're asking about longer term prospects -- I think his targets start to go down after this week assuming that Amendola and Gronkowski are back on the field.

Edited by Grogansghost

He's a rookie, first game jitters it looked like to me and had a defense actually trying to cover him, and not doing a bad job of it. Most of his miscues came in the first half and as the game progressed he looked better and more composed. Give him some time to get accustomed to the pace, he should be a good one.

Agree. He had a ton of targets and I expect a better showing tonight.

I worried that NE may get a lead and just run Ridley a lot tonight, I guess it would be a good time to get the young receivers comfortable as well. I'm also a little worried that if Thompkins was nervous on opening day that he may still be nervous playing at night with national coverage

I am starting him as a WR4 flex play even though I will fully admit he was horrendous in many facets week 1. Just think they don't have that many people to throw to so he is bound to get some targets, and hopefully make more use of them then the 13 he got last week.

So close on that diving TD grab. Still 2-47 is not a bad first half statistically and considering he could very well be at 3-70-1 for halftime if that TD stood, not bad by any means. Still hoping he can reach 100 yds.

So close on that diving TD grab. Still 2-47 is not a bad first half statistically and considering he could very well be at 3-70-1 for halftime if that TD stood, not bad by any means. Still hoping he can reach 100 yds.

I think he'll reach 100. He's playing great!