[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Turmoil in Tampa

stethant

Not used to alot of NFL drama recently in Tampa, but it looks like we're going to give the Jets a run for their "drama" money:

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/football/bucs/bucs-schiano-denies-story-he-changed-vote-to-keep-freeman-from-being/2141256

Schiano is starting to wear even more thin on me. It started with the victory formation nonsense and now this Captain crap is ridiculous. It's hard to compete in a top-heavy division when you're busy fighting each other.

Reminds me of another coach who took a tough approach with his teams... alienating some players with his unreasonable demands... lousy records for his first few seasons.... instilling a tough work ethic.... etc. I think his name is Belichick, or something like that. Give Schiano time. I think he's going to do well.

Reminds me of another coach who took a tough approach with his teams... alienating some players with his unreasonable demands... lousy records for his first few seasons.... instilling a tough work ethic.... etc. I think his name is Belichick, or something like that. Give Schiano time. I think he's going to do well.

There's a difference between being a hardass and being a prick.

Schiano = prick.

And i'm sure there's a ton of examples of those coaches who aren't around anymore. Bobby Petrino for one.

Josh McDaniels did that too. lol

Maybe Belichick will have a job for him next year.

Belichick never aired the dirty laundry in public - that minimized the flak he could have taken earlier in his career before he established himself. By talking about it in media and leaking stuff it undermines cohesiveness and morale at a minimum and runs the risk of splitting the locker room.

Edited by stethant

Belichick never aired the dirty laundry in public - that minimized the flak he could have taken earlier in his career before he established himself. By talking about it in media and leaking stuff it undermines cohesiveness and morale at a minimum and runs the risk of splitting the locker room.

+1

Even if Schiano doesn't think Freeman is the guy to lead the offense, he should stand behind him, at least publically.