[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Offer my view to anyone wanting fantasy advice

HighKite

Got some tough calls this week - Non-PPR, Standard ESPN scoring

1. Aaron Rodgers or Jay Cutler (playing each other)

2. WR2 Options: Keenan Allen (vs KC), Julian Edelman (vs Buf), James Jones (@Chi)

3. Flex Options: CJ Spiller (@NE), Julius Thomas (@Oak), Gio Bernard (vs Bal), Julian Edelman (vs Buf)

Thanks

1.I think I go with Aaron Rodgers only because he is Aaron Rodgers.

2. I go with Allen myself. 5 TD's in 3 games and playing a team that don't really care about the game.

3. I would use Bernard as my FLEX. he gets yards on the ground and in the air. for me that makes him have less downside that Edelman . also does not help that Edelman faces a team you can run all over and that is what I expect the Patriots to do.

Need some help on a last minute TE decision........

I've had Jordan Cameron do well for me most of the season at TE...... He was out last week, and didn't think he was going to play today......, but was just active for the game today vs Pitt

I had substituted Mercedes Lewis in for him as I didn't really have many other options to choose from on the waiver wire. Lewis has been hot (4 TD's in the last 4 games), and is the only real receiving threat that Jax has since Blackmon and Cecil Shorts are both out, so expecting Lewis to see a bunch of targets even though Indy is good at defending the TE position.

This league is 1pt PPR, plus all the other normal scoring for yardage and TD's.

Need to decide whether to stick with Lewis, or go back to Cameron who's coming off a concussion, and can put up several bad games..... Side note: Cameron did have 10 targets, but only 3 catches last time he played Pittsburgh...... Thoughts on who to start???? :shrug:

Edited by Big Dogs

Need some help on a last minute TE decision........

I've had Jordan Cameron do well for me most of the season at TE...... He was out last week, and didn't think he was going to play today......, but was just active for the game today vs Pitt

I had substituted Mercedes Lewis in for him as I didn't really have many other options to choose from on the waiver wire. Lewis has been hot (4 TD's in the last 4 games), and is the only real receiving threat that Jax has since Blackmon and Cecil Shorts are both out, so expecting Lewis to see a bunch of targets even though Indy is good at defending the TE position.

This league is 1pt PPR, plus all the other normal scoring for yardage and TD's.

Need to decide whether to stick with Lewis, or go back to Cameron who's coming off a concussion, and can put up several bad games..... Side note: Cameron did have 10 targets, but only 3 catches last time he played Pittsburgh...... Thoughts on who to start???? :shrug:

I would take my chances with Cameron. he has the upside to change your whole day. Lewis if you are lucky gets a TD catch to make his game look servicable.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I am happy to see you! Thank you for all of the advice last year. I ended up winning my 12 team PPR league. It was a blast.

Back at it! 1 pt PPR/6pts per TD

My keepers for this year are:

J.Charles

B. Marshall

My 3rd round pick will consist of:

Eddie Lacy

Montee Ball

Giovani Bernard

Julio Jones

If you can rank accordingly that will be very helpful. Thanks brother.

Edited by nizieman

I am happy to see you! Thank you for all of the advice last year. I ended up winning my 12 team PPR league. It was a blast.

Back at it! 1 pt PPR/6pts per TD

My keepers for this year are:

J.Charles

B. Marshall

My 3rd round pick will consist of:

Eddie Lacy

Montee Ball

Giovani Bernard

Julio Jones

If you can rank accordingly that will be very helpful. Thanks brother.

If I did not miss you on this I would keep Lacy. but here is how I see them

Lacy - I think Lacy is gonna be overdrafted in regular drafts but he is a 20 carry guy whose downside outside of injury is minimal

Ball - much like Lacy he has a tough schedule, tougher even than Lacy's. he too is going higher than I would take him as of recent. but he is in a high scoring offense so even though I don't expect him to be as good as some other people He will still be good.

Bernard - Once again a tough schedule but being he catches the ball that takes away some of the sting. they claim he will get 300 touches over there including alot of the goal line carries.

Julio Jones - Great WR who should have a fine season but with the RB dropoff this year I think you have to keep 1 of the backs

My rankings would be...

Lacy 1st just because I think his body can handle the pounding

Bernard 2nd just because his team is more convincing that he will get the touches than the Broncos are with Ball

Ball 3rd although I believe his ceiling his higher than either of the guys above him, I just also think his floor is lower.

Jones would be 4th just because I feel you need to keep 2 RB's

Edited by HighKite

Need some advice. Im in a keeper league and I have Jimmy Graham that is eligible for me to keep this last year. I drafted him in the 13 round, so that's where I'd get him this year. I also drafted Stacy last year in the 19th round so if I choose to keep him over Jimmy, I'd get Stacy in the 19th. Is it worth giving up Graham in the 13th for this last year or keep Stacy for the next three in the 19th

Need some advice. Im in a keeper league and I have Jimmy Graham that is eligible for me to keep this last year. I drafted him in the 13 round, so that's where I'd get him this year. I also drafted Stacy last year in the 19th round so if I choose to keep him over Jimmy, I'd get Stacy in the 19th. Is it worth giving up Graham in the 13th for this last year or keep Stacy for the next three in the 19th

I would go with Stacy in the 19th for the next 3 years.

I know Thomas is a weapon noone else will have and giving up a 13th for him is awesome. but Stacy is a starting back you can have for the next 3 years costing you only a 19th pick each year. and I do expect Stacy to be the back there for those 3 years. his average per carry was not the best but how could it be behind that line and being pretty much the only option they had last year. he gets positive yardage, hits the hole quickly and has a defense that could put him in more scoring positions than last year. the only real worry with Stacy is he has to play those 6 games in his division.

Either way you do excellent for this year but you can follow it up with 2 more years of excellence. plus keeping Stacy that low gives you much more leverage when drafting your higher positions since you already got a solid back so low.

Thank you for the advice! That's what my gut was saying but still wasn't 100% sure. Thanks again for the response.

Just to tell you. I would be in the minority with my opinion.

The other opinion is just worry about this year and having Graham is your best shot as Stacey only had 1 good year so who knows how he will be in the next 3 years.

My opinion is always build for the future and the Rams are sold on him and they look to be and up and coming team . if it works out you have 3 years of having seasons where you can be more open minded about your early picks as you already will have 1 good back so you won't have to reach for another 1 and can take 1 that appeals to you,

EDIT: And you are welcome. bouncing ideas around and merging them with your own thoughts is what makes a consistant owner.

Edited by HighKite

Who do you like better this season? Tyler Eifert or Travis Kelce?

I know you watched that game last night and caught Kelceitus. I kinda did too.

But to be honest, I don't like either of them this year. but if I was gonna pick 1 after watching Kelce last night I would take him on upside. I don't see Cinci throwing as much this year coming up and I think Bernard will hurt Eiferts touches.

• Like 1

I know you watched that game last night and caught Kelceitus. I kinda did too.

But to be honest, I don't like either of them this year. but if I was gonna pick 1 after watching Kelce last night I would take him on upside. I don't see Cinci throwing as much this year coming up and I think Bernard will hurt Eiferts touches.

Also Alex Smith cannot throw far down the field and that is always a bonus to the TE when they have a weaker armed QB.

I just drafted last night, it's a 10 team non-PPR league with standard rosters: 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB/WR/TE Flex, 1 K, 1 D/ST. We are starting keepers in the league this year, so I don't have any for this season. You can keep up to 3 players for a pick 2 rounds better than you got them in, but undrafted players and everyone after round 12 is a 10th round pick. I had the 4th pick and got this:

4 Matt Forte

17 Dez Bryant

24 Antonio Brown

37 Vincent Jackson

44 Frank Gore

57 Josh Gordon

64 Tom Brady

77 Steven Jackson (later traded for Kelvin Benjamin)

84 Ray Rice

97 Johnny Manziel

104 Chris Johnson

117 Charles Clay

124 Maurice Jones-Drew

137 Andre Williams

144 Patriots D/ST

157 Dan Bailey

I've got good WR's regardless of whether Gordon ends up getting suspended all year, and even if he does I like his keeper value in the 6th. I'm not sure if I should try to get a 5th receiver, as 4 seems a little short (5 if Gordon plays), and I have 6 RB's. I have 3 top 15 receivers but no real depth behind that. At the same time, I feel like I drafted very well and I don't want to trade for the sake of trading. Should I stick with this roster or get rid of some of my late-round upside RB's? I am considering trading Manziel for Reggie Wayne, his owner loves Manziel and would do it (that's part of why I got Manziel in the first place). I know Brady's not an elite fantasy QB but I think he'll be consistent and I don't think I need a backup until his bye week. Would you consider this a good team, and would you suggest dealing a WR or lower RB? A lot of teams in the league loaded up on EITHER RB's or WR's and are weak at the other one, so I think I could get some value. I wanted to get Sammy Watkins and Travis Kelce late because I like their keeper value and upside but they were each taken literally the pick before I would've taken them. Anyway, thanks for the input.

Edit: I might be able to trade Vincent Jackson and Andre Williams for Andre Ellington and Sammy Watkins. Watkins would be worth a 6th rounder, Ellington a 2nd. I'd have a solid RB2 every week, and I'd probably flex Gore. Obviously if Gordon ends up playing for any substantial time that changes my outlook entirely.

Edited by ilikepieman123

I just drafted last night, it's a 10 team non-PPR league with standard rosters: 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB/WR/TE Flex, 1 K, 1 D/ST. We are starting keepers in the league this year, so I don't have any for this season. You can keep up to 3 players for a pick 2 rounds better than you got them in, but undrafted players and everyone after round 12 is a 10th round pick. I had the 4th pick and got this:

4 Matt Forte

17 Dez Bryant

24 Antonio Brown

37 Vincent Jackson

44 Frank Gore

57 Josh Gordon

64 Tom Brady

77 Steven Jackson (later traded for Kelvin Benjamin)

84 Ray Rice

97 Johnny Manziel

104 Chris Johnson

117 Charles Clay

124 Maurice Jones-Drew

137 Andre Williams

144 Patriots D/ST

157 Dan Bailey

I've got good WR's regardless of whether Gordon ends up getting suspended all year, and even if he does I like his keeper value in the 6th. I'm not sure if I should try to get a 5th receiver, as 4 seems a little short (5 if Gordon plays), and I have 6 RB's. I have 3 top 15 receivers but no real depth behind that. At the same time, I feel like I drafted very well and I don't want to trade for the sake of trading. Should I stick with this roster or get rid of some of my late-round upside RB's? I am considering trading Manziel for Reggie Wayne, his owner loves Manziel and would do it (that's part of why I got Manziel in the first place). I know Brady's not an elite fantasy QB but I think he'll be consistent and I don't think I need a backup until his bye week. Would you consider this a good team, and would you suggest dealing a WR or lower RB? A lot of teams in the league loaded up on EITHER RB's or WR's and are weak at the other one, so I think I could get some value. I wanted to get Sammy Watkins and Travis Kelce late because I like their keeper value and upside but they were each taken literally the pick before I would've taken them. Anyway, thanks for the input.

Edit: I might be able to trade Vincent Jackson and Andre Williams for Andre Ellington and Sammy Watkins. Watkins would be worth a 6th rounder, Ellington a 2nd. I'd have a solid RB2 every week, and I'd probably flex Gore. Obviously if Gordon ends up playing for any substantial time that changes my outlook entirely.

1st I will say that in a league like this it is best just to draft the best players available. if your picks are good you could end up with 3 guys next year that would go in the 1st round in a redraft so holding those younger players at the bottom many times is useless. and people who are going after those bottom guys hoping they become great and offer bonafide players I think you should almost always jump on the bonafide player. so I would definately take Wayne for Manziel myself as I don't believe Manziel will be a keeper on this team next year. Wayne might not either but I think he gives you more usable stats this year. I also would make the Vincent Jackson and Andre Williams for Ellington and Watkins deal. I think you need a step better 2nd back than Gore and Ellington would look nice next to Forte. the trades both help you as you get to upgrade your RB but still get Wayne and Watkins to make up most (if not all) of losing vincent jackson adding depth at the same time. my only worry is what QB's are left on waivers if any? because you need to get a backup if you trade Manziel.

I will break your team down since you asked how I thought you did....

4 Matt Forte - solid 4 pick. no way to complain here.

17 Dez Bryant- at 17 that was pretty decent value even though I am not as high as Many on him. but at 17 I would not have passed him either.

24 Antonio Brown- that is right about his ADP and Big Ben always has 1 if not 2 WR's that do well and we know 1 will be your boy here,Brown.

37 Vincent Jackson- another guy you took about right at his adp. solid pick and will have some big games for you. but will have a few where he dissapears too.

44 Frank Gore- You look to be riding the ADP train. I like Gorse but like him better as a 3rd back than 2nd.

57 Josh Gordon- I would of left him alone. even if he comes back after 8 games it is gonna take games for him to get back into the offense they have been running for 8 weeks. that will take about 2 weeks for him to integrate into the offense. so the usage for next year is not good. I understand you are looking more from the future but as someone who told everyone last year to pick up and use Gordon (and you can look back at the beginning pages of this post for proof) he was not as good as his stats led. there was just more junk yardage there than any where else in the league at WR as they had no other weapons besides their TE who after his 1st few games fizzled out himself. that being said, this is just my opinion. this could turn out to be a move you are very happy about. we will see.

64 Tom Brady - this pick looks back on the ADP train. he should be solid at the least for you. at best, well we have seen what happens when their offense clicks.

77 Steven Jackson (later traded for Kelvin Benjamin)- I would of personally kept Steven Jackson but Benjamin does have big upside so I understand your thought process on it. Benjamin is a beast. he needs to quit fighting with the defensive players though or hes gonna end up getting hurt.

84 Ray Rice - this was a steal IMO. I know he did not do much last year and is missing the 1st 2 but to get a starter who if the line gels could make some noise was nice. so far this is your pick of the draft to me.

97 Johnny Manziel - there had to be some really decent QB's you passed up on to take a flier on Manziel. not that the kid won't be good. but I just don't see how good he can be with what is around him. at least for now.

104 Chris Johnson - This is an even better pick than the Ray Rice pick. I expect Johnson to suprise and I am suprised he went so low in your draft.

117 Charles Clay- He should be a solid TE. rarely spectacular but usually a 5 catch guy. I know catches do not matter to you but it shows usage. the Dolphins have a excellent passing schedule this year too.

124 Maurice Jones-Drew- another steal. you did a good job stealing RB's.

137 Andre Williams- - another stolen back.

144 Patriots D/ST- solid D. excellent spot you got them

157 Dan Bailey - he's a kicker and ya had to have 1 : )

I think you did a excellent job of drafting and your depth at RB should help you all year. I would be very happy with this team.