[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Offer my view to anyone wanting fantasy advice

HighKite

The trade got changed a little, it's now Gore and Jackson for Fitzgerald and Doug Martin. I don't see a big gap between Fitz and Jackson, and I do between Gore and Martin. I feel like this is a steal for me except for the injury concerns of Martin and Michael Floyd taking targets from Fitz, but I still think I should do it. Any reason not to?

The trade got changed a little, it's now Gore and Jackson for Fitzgerald and Doug Martin. I don't see a big gap between Fitz and Jackson, and I do between Gore and Martin. I feel like this is a steal for me except for the injury concerns of Martin and Michael Floyd taking targets from Fitz, but I still think I should do it. Any reason not to?

I would make that deal in a hot second. I feel you are getting the best player at each position.

I would make that deal in a hot second. I feel you are getting the best player at each position.

He countered replacing Jackson with Antonio Brown, I'll see if I can convince him to take the original offer.

Edit: Done. New lineup:

QB Tom Brady

RB Matt Forte

RB Doug Martin

WR Dez Bryant

WR Antonio Brown

TE Charles Clay

FLEX Larry Fitzgerald

D/ST Patriots

K Dan Bailey

Chris Johnson

MJD

Ray Rice

Andre Williams

Kelvin Benjamin

Josh Gordon

Johnny Manziel (dropping him for Reggie Wayne)

I'm not going to carry a second QB at the beginning of the year, I figure that Brady will be fine for the first few weeks against the Dolphins, Vikings, and Raiders, and by that time I'll have an idea of which running backs are ok to drop for an Alex Smith (hugely underrated imo, solid consistency) or Eli if he starts to bounce back. I also think Brady will be solid this year, much better than last year.

Edited by ilikepieman123

Standard NFL.com 10-man league, is this championship potential?

QB: Matt Stafford, Jay Cutler

RB: Jamaal Charles, Gio Bernard, Trent Richardson, Kniles Davis

WR: Brandon Marshal, Pierre Garçon, Anquan Boldin, TY Hilton, Golden Tate

TE: Jordan Cameron, Zach Ertz

DEF: Panthers

K: Blair Walsh

Stonychavez, that is absolutely championships potential. You have difference makers at practically every position. Who are you flexing in? Trent?

Here is my 10-man money league starting roster after trades. What do ya'all think? Will at least make playoffs right?

QB - Peyton Manning

RB1 - Marshawn Lynch

RB2 - Frank Gore

WR1 - Dez Bryant

WR2 - Pierre Garcon

TE - Jimmy Graham

Flex - Bishop Sankey

K - Steven Hauschka

DEF - Rams

Bench

QB - Tony Romo

RB - Lamar Miller, Stevan Ridley

WR - Hakeem Nicks, Jordan Matthews

TE - Greg Olsen

Edited by vi29

10 team superflex league, standard scoring - non ppr

I was offered Watkins, Kaepernick and 2015 1st rd pick (projected late)

for

Dez, Bradford and 2015 2nd rd pick (projected middle)

My QBs are Bridgewater and Bradford, so I could really use Kaep due to it is a superflex.

But is it enough for Dez?

He countered replacing Jackson with Antonio Brown, I'll see if I can convince him to take the original offer.

Edit: Done. New lineup:

QB Tom Brady

RB Matt Forte

RB Doug Martin

WR Dez Bryant

WR Antonio Brown

TE Charles Clay

FLEX Larry Fitzgerald

D/ST Patriots

K Dan Bailey

Chris Johnson

MJD

Ray Rice

Andre Williams

Kelvin Benjamin

Josh Gordon

Johnny Manziel (dropping him for Reggie Wayne)

I'm not going to carry a second QB at the beginning of the year, I figure that Brady will be fine for the first few weeks against the Dolphins, Vikings, and Raiders, and by that time I'll have an idea of which running backs are ok to drop for an Alex Smith (hugely underrated imo, solid consistency) or Eli if he starts to bounce back. I also think Brady will be solid this year, much better than last year.

I also think Brady has a better year than last year. I do not expect it to be any kind of giant year though. but he is still a guy you can go into every week with.

Eli is my bounceback player of the year. I am taking him and Tannehill as my backup QB's in leagues this year.

I am not as high on Alex Smith though as you are although I do agree he is a solid backup.

Your team looks ready for the playoffs to me.

Standard NFL.com 10-man league, is this championship potential?

QB: Matt Stafford, Jay Cutler

RB: Jamaal Charles, Gio Bernard, Trent Richardson, Kniles Davis

WR: Brandon Marshal, Pierre Garçon, Anquan Boldin, TY Hilton, Golden Tate

TE: Jordan Cameron, Zach Ertz

DEF: Panthers

K: Blair Walsh

Guessing that you took Charles, Marshall and then Bernard with 1st 3 picks, probably in that order, you did great. that is 3 guys that should all of went before the end of the 2nd round.

This is a 10 team league championship looking team.

If Richardson does what I expect you can ride this team all year. if not you may have to find yourself a 3rd back. you are covered everywhere else.

10 team superflex league, standard scoring - non ppr

I was offered Watkins, Kaepernick and 2015 1st rd pick (projected late)

for

Dez, Bradford and 2015 2nd rd pick (projected middle)

My QBs are Bridgewater and Bradford, so I could really use Kaep due to it is a superflex.

But is it enough for Dez?

I would stick with what you have I think. you never know what a 1st round pick will do and you would be counting a future 1 and 1 playing his 1st year (Watkins). the upgrade from Bradford to Kaep this year is nice but Kaep is only a starter because of his team. Bradford is a starter despite his team.

If you could make him forget about the 2nd round pick than it becomes something to look into further IMO. not saying I would make it if he did that but I do like Watkins future and what Kaep can do for you this year. being you would be getting what you think will be a bad 1st rounder though makes the pick not much better than your 2nd round pick.

I would probably start with telling him Ill take those 3 for just Dez and see if you can get him down. being you said you expect his team to be good(as you expect his pick to be a bad 1) he probably wants Dez badly as it will be the move that he thinks brings him a championship ,( and could be) so it should give you strong bargaining power.

If I could see your whole team it would help me evaluate your situation even better

I would stick with what you have I think. you never know what a 1st round pick will do and you would be counting a future 1 and 1 playing his 1st year (Watkins). the upgrade from Bradford to Kaep this year is nice but Kaep is only a starter because of his team. Bradford is a starter despite his team.

If you could make him forget about the 2nd round pick than it becomes something to look into further IMO. not saying I would make it if he did that but I do like Watkins future and what Kaep can do for you this year. being you would be getting what you think will be a bad 1st rounder though makes the pick not much better than your 2nd round pick.

I would probably start with telling him Ill take those 3 for just Dez and see if you can get him down. being you said you expect his team to be good(as you expect his pick to be a bad 1) he probably wants Dez badly as it will be the move that he thinks brings him a championship ,( and could be) so it should give you strong bargaining power.

If I could see your whole team it would help me evaluate your situation even better

My team is:

QB: Bradford

QB/RB/WR/TE: Cassel/Bridgewater

RB: Morris

RB: Ridley

WR: AJ Green

WR: Dez

WR: Maclin

RB/WR/TE: Tavon

TE: Rudolph

DEF: 49'ers

K: Prater

I also already have 4 1st rds. next year. I've told him, I would want a better QB for Dez than Kaepernick. His other QBs are Cam, Rodgers, Carr, Cutler and Geno.

He offered the same deal, without the picks, and I would recieve Geno, and he would get Marqise Lee. Is that better?

My team is:

QB: Bradford

QB/RB/WR/TE: Cassel/Bridgewater

RB: Morris

RB: Ridley

WR: AJ Green

WR: Dez

WR: Maclin

RB/WR/TE: Tavon

TE: Rudolph

DEF: 49'ers

K: Prater

I also already have 4 1st rds. next year. I've told him, I would want a better QB for Dez than Kaepernick. His other QBs are Cam, Rodgers, Carr, Cutler and Geno.

He offered the same deal, without the picks, and I would recieve Geno, and he would get Marqise Lee. Is that better?

Cool. see me seeing your lets me know if you have a team that can compete this year or not. and it can. losing Dez though is the wrong way about it without getting everything you need to go for this year. especially being you already have 4 1st rounders it is time to start putting your team together. you have already built for the future.

Your need is definately a QB, and I do realize that QB's have more value in your league. a 2nd RB and you need another guy that can possibly play flex for you and you need a WR to replace Bryant. If he is 1 of those guys that thinks Kaep is much better than Cutler I would add Cutler to your deal so he might can add better options at those other positions and rework this whole deal.

Also, if you have not already done it..tell him you have 2 better offers than that other 1 right now. then you can see how bad he really wants him. and I believe he does. people that want a player badly will many times overpay. make him overpay or don't doa deal.

Whatever happens you need another QB so work on that if this deal falls apart.

EDIT: I do not like his new offer either.

Edited by HighKite

Cool. see me seeing your lets me know if you have a team that can compete this year or not. and it can. losing Dez though is the wrong way about it without getting everything you need to go for this year. especially being you already have 4 1st rounders it is time to start putting your team together. you have already built for the future.

Your need is definately a QB, and I do realize that QB's have more value in your league. a 2nd RB and you need another guy that can possibly play flex for you and you need a WR to replace Bryant. If he is 1 of those guys that thinks Kaep is much better than Cutler I would add Cutler to your deal so he might can add better options at those other positions and rework this whole deal.

Also, if you have not already done it..tell him you have 2 better offers than that other 1 right now. then you can see how bad he really wants him. and I believe he does. people that want a player badly will many times overpay. make him overpay or don't doa deal.

Whatever happens you need another QB so work on that if this deal falls apart.

EDIT: I do not like his new offer either.

That is a really great response.

What if I trade Dez, Ebron and Lee for Cutler, Watkins, Sankey, Fiedorowicz and a 1st rd. I know he really likes Ebron and Lee, and he is really high on Sankey as well. But he doesnt have any other RB that is interesting. If I do this, I would get a better QB and a RB2. But I would not get an immediate replacement for Dez. Is that a better trade? Or is it enough for him? He would still get the best player in the deal.

EDIT: I gave him the offer, and he countered with this:

Cutler, Watkins, Sankey, Fiedorowicz, 1st

For

Dez, Ridley, Ebron, Lee, Bradford or 2nd

Am I still giving up too much, or should I take the deal?

Edited by Kluivert

@stonychavez definitely championship potential. Solid at every position, I don't think you need to do anything unless something happens to one of your guys.

SIMTT? I give Doug Martin and Fitz for Peyton and Gronk. My other RB's are Forte, Rice, MJD, Chris Johnson, and Andre Williams. My other WR are Dez, Antonio Brown, Kelvin Benjamin, Reggie Wayne, and Josh Gordon (keeper league). None of the guys involved in the trade would have keeper value. I'm starting Brady at QB and Charles Clay at TE, so they'd be substantial improvements at those positions. However, I'd have to move one of those lower RB's into the RB2 spot and then another lower WR or RB into the flex spot. Thoughts?

Guessing that you took Charles, Marshall and then Bernard with 1st 3 picks, probably in that order, you did great. that is 3 guys that should all of went before the end of the 2nd round.

This is a 10 team league championship looking team.

If Richardson does what I expect you can ride this team all year. if not you may have to find yourself a 3rd back. you are covered everywhere else.

So i did another draft of the same format, please tell me which is better. And if the below one is championship material. I drafted completely differently.

QB: Cam Newton, Tony Romo

RB: Zac Stacy, Ryan Mathews, Toby Gerhart, Trent Richardson

WR: Calvin Johnson, Dez Bryant, Reggie Wayne, Mike Evans, Kelvin Benjamin

TE: Jason Witten, Ladarius Green

DEF: Bengals

K: Phil Dawson

So i did another draft of the same format, please tell me which is better. And if the below one is championship material. I drafted completely differently.

Not planning on running the ball much? JK ... If two of your four RBs come through, and you let Romo start ahead of Cam, and Witten has tread left, you'll do well.

Edited by Donutrun Jellies

That is a really great response.

What if I trade Dez, Ebron and Lee for Cutler, Watkins, Sankey, Fiedorowicz and a 1st rd. I know he really likes Ebron and Lee, and he is really high on Sankey as well. But he doesnt have any other RB that is interesting. If I do this, I would get a better QB and a RB2. But I would not get an immediate replacement for Dez. Is that a better trade? Or is it enough for him? He would still get the best player in the deal.

EDIT: I gave him the offer, and he countered with this:

Cutler, Watkins, Sankey, Fiedorowicz, 1st

For

Dez, Ridley, Ebron, Lee, Bradford or 2nd

Am I still giving up too much, or should I take the deal?

Yeah, as you still need to keep Ridley as a 3rd back (or another back who is capable of being a 3rd back) . plus you need Bradford as a backup. bye weeks and weeks where other starters have horrible matchups ( like if you who have a guy going against Seattle or the Niners) will hurt you badly if you do not keep backups. the 2nd rounder I could deal with though. if it were me I would tell him to keep Fiedorowicz and his 1st and give you Sankey, Watkins and Cutler for Dez and Lee and see if he bites. this way you would be building for the future while also giving you a chance to compete this year.

@stonychavez definitely championship potential. Solid at every position, I don't think you need to do anything unless something happens to one of your guys.

SIMTT? I give Doug Martin and Fitz for Peyton and Gronk. My other RB's are Forte, Rice, MJD, Chris Johnson, and Andre Williams. My other WR are Dez, Antonio Brown, Kelvin Benjamin, Reggie Wayne, and Josh Gordon (keeper league). None of the guys involved in the trade would have keeper value. I'm starting Brady at QB and Charles Clay at TE, so they'd be substantial improvements at those positions. However, I'd have to move one of those lower RB's into the RB2 spot and then another lower WR or RB into the flex spot. Thoughts?

This is a interesting offer. I mean just on value alone I think you have to make the trade.

That being said this would leave you with a 2nd RB hole which IMO is the 2nd most important player on your team (next to the RB1). It is hard for me to not see you getting a better back than Martin just for Peyton after the trade. I think you still will be good at WR and as you said you get a major upgrade at TE. I have not checked Gronks injury status out today so if you have not done that you should before anything.

My thoughts are if you think you can flip Peyton for a better RB than Martin do it. if not sit still and enjoy your depth at WR and RB.

I like the other team much better. but still a team that should be 1 of the better teams.

This is why you cannot wait on RB's this year. you end up with RB's that worry you and are forced to get other backs in the lower positions where you could be grabbing those good WR's that are going to be left in the the 4th and 5th rounds. there is WR's for days in this years draft.

This all being said you got a excellent bench which is very important. I would be happy enough with this team.

Yeah, that makes sense. I will try to make give him that offer. But I actually just received a new offer from another owner on Dez.

I get Matt Ryan, M. Floyd, SEA Def and 2 15' 1st rd picks

I give Dez, Vick, Carey, James Jones or Rod Streater, 49'ers Def and 15' 2nd rd pick

This is not a bad offer but it is another offer that is just helping you build for the future.

Many teams who I see building for the future all the time end up with bad teams for years. you do not want to get caught up in that cycle. you have 4 1st round picks already next year. it is time for you to get guys now that help you now.

This is my strategy in leagues like this. I trade my 1st round pick every single year and get someone already solid who I will be able to use for at least 3 years. I have had success doing this. just my opinion of course.

We just had our draft today. PPR league-6 points per TD-bonus points for rushing and receiving over 100 yards-bonus points for QB's over 300 yards in the air.

12 team:

My squad:

QB-Nick Foles, Andy Dalton

RB-Jamaal Charles, Eddie Lacy, Trent Richardson, Terrance West, Dexter McCluster

WR-Brandon Marshall, Victor Cruz, Mike Evans, Josh Gordon, Golden Tate, Robert Woods

TE-Martellus Bennett, Richard Rodgers

Kicker-Justin Tucker

Def- Arizona

What do you think. I am hoping Josh Gordon gets to play at some point this season to help the weakness in WR.

We start:

QB-WR-WR-RB-RB-TE-Flex-Kicker-DEF

We just had our draft today. PPR league-6 points per TD-bonus points for rushing and receiving over 100 yards-bonus points for QB's over 300 yards in the air.

12 team:

My squad:

QB-Nick Foles, Andy Dalton

RB-Jamaal Charles, Eddie Lacy, Trent Richardson, Terrance West, Dexter McCluster

WR-Brandon Marshall, Victor Cruz, Mike Evans, Josh Gordon, Golden Tate, Robert Woods

TE-Martellus Bennett, Richard Rodgers

Kicker-Justin Tucker

Def- Arizona

What do you think. I am hoping Josh Gordon gets to play at some point this season to help the weakness in WR.

We start:

QB-WR-WR-RB-RB-TE-Flex-Kicker-DEF

You go 2 of the top 6 picks in Lacy and Charles and another borderline 1st in Brandon Marshall. that alone makes your core solid.

Injury looks like your only enemy to me. I would of let Gordon go to someone else and grabbed someone I know I can use myself but I do understand your position on taking him.

You go 2 of the top 6 picks in Lacy and Charles and another borderline 1st in Brandon Marshall. that alone makes your core solid.

Injury looks like your only enemy to me. I would of let Gordon go to someone else and grabbed someone I know I can use myself but I do understand your position on taking him.

Thanks man. I am uncertain who to start at the Flex. Golden Tate, Trent Richardson or even Mike Evans. What do you think?

10 team PPR league ... I didn't draft a defense and kicker yet cause they didn't make me but now Im ready to pick up my defense and someone needs to go but I have no idea what the smartest drops would be ...Im really in no hurry to drop someone for a kicker so for today I just want to drop one player

QB M.Ryan

RB G.Bernard,D.Murray,A.Ellington,Fred Jackson,Bernard Pierce ,Lamar Miller

WR Megatron,Crabtree,Michael Floyd, Cordarrelle Patterson,Terrance Williams,Kelvin Benjamin,Eric Decker

TE ledarius greene

So out of the RBs and WRs who is the least likely for me to regret dropping them ?

Currently I own Terrance West and Riley Cooper. Knile Davis and Mohamed Sanu are available on the waivers.

Should I drop West for Davis?

What about Cooper for Sanu? Sanu could be a nice sleeper in first 4-5 games but after that I dunno. Will Cooper have as big of a year as he did last year?