[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Brady going forward...

Slugs3511

This is a 9-7 team that will end up 11-5 based on their division/schedule. While it's true they beat 2 rookie QB-led teams by a total of 5 points, they do have significant advantages at the coach and QB positions. If they went 11-5 with Cassel, they can do it with Brady.

From the Brady value perspective it's going to be rough sledding for the next month - and I think it'll take that long. Edelman is not Welker and will get shut down, or killed, when defensive attention turns his way. The rookie WRs need at least a few weeks to get consistent with their assignments/reads and develop even a minimal amount of chemistry with Brady.

Who else in the AFC East can win that division? NE might fall off the pedestal, but that still probably means a division title (even at 9-7 or, dare I say, 8-8).

That being said, teams are going to start doubling over the middle and dare these rookie WRs to make a play. I'm confused why the running game isn't performing that well. Are the Bills and Jets elite run defenses? Maybe the Jets are. But the Bills? Brady's future will be aided by Gronk more than anyone, but they better hope the run game gets it going soon. This team will struggle to see 20ppg without one.

Against the bills Vereen rushed for 100 yards - the run game didn't struggle - Ridley struggled with fumbles and got benched. I think the jets could give most RBs trouble this year.

Loss of Vereen hurts - but I think Ridley has better days ahead. If Ridley continues to struggle I think the ol is good enough that someone else will step up.

With regard to Edelman, I will bet dollars to donuts he will not make it to mid-season healthy if they continue to lean on him like they did last night. All those targets AND returning punts? No way he lasts at current pace.

The young receivers will improve (or will be replaced) and eventually Gronk and Vereen come back. so I think Brady is still valuable going forward but owners are likely going to have to be patient and/or suffer through some un-Brady games in the early going here...

Who's going to replace them at this point? They committed to getting younger at the position and now they're stuck. If there were some high quality free agents that fit their system they would've been brought in after the Hernandez fiasco. Lloyd seemed like an obvious choice but I think he's a non-starter for them - otherwise he would've been brought in after amendola went down.

To me - no one else is going to come through that door. The plan is to win ugly - wait for guys to get healthy - and hope the rooks improve.

Maybe a trade happens - but it just feels like a long shot.

Who else in the AFC East can win that division? NE might fall off the pedestal, but that still probably means a division title (even at 9-7 or, dare I say, 8-8).

The Dolphins could make a serious run at the division this year. Their defense is no joke with Wake being a monster pass rusher and Ellerbe coming from the Ravens. Their offense will stuggle but Wallace and Hartline making catches I can see them going 9-7. Granted I see them being like the Ravens with the D leading the way.

The Huddle draft kit full year projections for Brady were 4560 yds 33 tds/8ints. Which rounds to an average game of 285 yds 2tds/.5int.

Thus far, he's 473 yds 3/1 or an approximate average of 237 yds 1.5/.5.

Obviously, two games is not a valid sample size, but going forward based on the well documented WR woes, I think we can expect an average of about 250yds 2/1. Rather pedestrian numbers and below most preseason expectations. More Weedan/Freeman-like than Brady of recent history.

With upcoming games @Atl and @Cin Brady will be truly tested and we'll see his true make-up. IMO, even with Gronk returning I see NEP losing both and Brady's #s being poor. Even if they're behind late in the game NEP does not have the weapons to pile up the FF points for Brady.

Finally, I offer a different angle on the painting theme: as a long suffering Jets fan I hope Brady's struggles permanently wipe that Mona Lisa grin off Belichick''s mug.

Lloyd allegedly turned 6 teams downs including the Patriots.

Do you know if it was money issues, or he just wants to retire? Pats wanting him, and him not wanting to play - makes more sense than thinking we don't need him. Granted - they're 2-0 - so maybe they are better served throwing the rooks straight into the deep end.

Just an FYI here: Dobson had 92 targets and 0 drops last year at Marshall. He had a rough first professional game for his career but I wouldn't expect that to continue going forward.

Don't know what the stats say for Dobson on Thursday, but the problem wasn't really dropping the ball, but just not on the same page with Brady at all. Lots of targets where he wouldn't even have the chance to catch (or drop) the ball.

From watching the game (granted live only), my impression was that Tomkins had more trouble with routes while Dobson had trouble catching the ball.

Totally agree. Dobson seems like he can be a solid receiver if he improves his catching skills. He's closer than Kenbrell.

Do you know if it was money issues, or he just wants to retire? Pats wanting him, and him not wanting to play - makes more sense than thinking we don't need him. Granted - they're 2-0 - so maybe they are better served throwing the rooks straight into the deep end.

It turns out (allegedly) that the Patriots were not one of the teams. Lloyd will probably retire.

Yeah, I was thinking Ridley when I was thinking the running game struggled against the Bills. I have to laugh at the comments about the Pats being okay when Gronk and Amendola come back (and maybe Vereen way later?) because you couldn't ask for a more injury-prone duo to have to rely on as the cornerstone of your receiving corps. Yikes!