[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vick Ballard out for the year

CaptainHook

I just got that info a few minutes too. That would make Bradshaw the prime guy to benefit...but does that put value in Donald brown too? Thinking a few weeks down the road, when Bradshaw goes down with more feet issues, is Donald the man next to the man now?

Nice. Another potential ugly RB situation, speaking in terms of fantasy production. Assuming Bradshaw is unlikely to maintain a feature back role all season (which seems doubtful), what does this do to the Colts? Do they bring in auditions (similar to the NYG), does it make Donald Brown relevant once again (not that he was ever very relevant before, but), or does it potentially tip the scales towards even more of a pass-heavy offensive attack?

Personally, I'm not wasting a roster spot on Donald Brown, unless it's a very deep league. Been burned by him before, and I just don't see him contributing consistently. That said, if they don't have many other options, and Bradshaw is dinged up at all, he might contribute (or at least get a few touches/game) by default.

Only week 2 and I am already dumpster diving for RBs. Have (had) Ballard as a back up flex to Vereen. Who better to pick up Dwyer, Brown, Redman, Jacobs or Scott?

With regard to the Indy attack, they appear to be committed to balance and won't go pass heavy just yet. But there's no doubt that Bradshaw will go down if pressed into 20+ carries a game.

Awesome for me. Ballard was taking away from Bradshaws production and I had him on the bench this week. Now im going to press my luck and start him and hope for the best. I dont know much about Brown but I snatched him up from WW since Bradshaw has some injury history himself. Sucks for Ballard owners though.

• Like 1

In a 14 teamer I grabbed Brown, but not anywhere else, only had to drop a backup IDP so it's no big loss whatsoever. We'll see what happens. We've all seen guys mostly suck for a few years then "figure it out", and we've see Brown get it done before. With Bradshaw's injury history he just may get a shot sooner than later.

Edited by PPIchamp

Does this help or hurt their passing game/offense as a whole? I am thinking they throw more now, but will teams even respect the run knowing Bradshaw is hobbled, and if not, does that decrease offensive production?

Ballard was a good pass blocker I think but Bradshaws not to bad himself. Overall it might hurt them a smidgeon but nothing crazy. But if Bradshaw gets hurt....well lets just hope he dosent.

:coach: This is a thread about Ballard and the Colts RB situation. Please put questions on what RBs to pick up in the advice forum.

...a thousand pardons. Will comply. I was just overcome with the RB blues so early in the year. My league only allowed 5 RBs to drafted so Vereen and Ballard represented 40% of my original inventory.

I'm chiming in as well regarding McGahee. I may grab him, stash on bench (would drop Le'Veon Bell, who doesnt' look like will be back anytime soon..).

Figure just a matter of time before some team reaches out about McGahee, who could stil contribute...