[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vick Ballard out for the year

CaptainHook

Ballard's injury doesnt make Bradshaw more durable unfortunately.... staying away from IND RB's.

All joking aside, this is my take as well. Also, McGahee's name came to mind when I first heard this news this morning.

Donald Brown is horrible. Williams may come into play here. I seem to remember he showed a few flashes against the scrubs in preseason.

I've been holding Franklin in a big money league, I don't know y. Would anyone else erop him for K Williams?

I think both have solid upside but things would have to happen for either to get real work. Coin flip.

But considering Bradshaw's injury history, I think the coin may be favoring Williams ever so slightly.

I've been waiting to see who signs McGahee myself. May be an interesting speculative pickup, but personally I'm waiting until he is signed by an NFL team.

As a Ballard owner, I am considering adding Brown, but will probably look elsewhere to boost my RB depth.

Hope the Colts can weather the storm.

I have to be a voice of reason in this thread. Ahmad Bradshaw has missed 12 games in six years, so 2 games/year on average. And in his last four seasons specifically (once he became a true time sharer), he missed 1, 0, 4, and 2 games respectively. He has played through injury in the past (pretty well, I might add). And he's only 27 years old with limited tread on his tires from being in RBBC situations with the Giants. Nobody can predict a player getting injured, despite how much history tells us it should happen. So all of this talk about Bradshaw not being able to last the year as lead back is downright ridiculous. He's on a pass-first team anyway, so I would expect him to see more than 20 carries in a game only a couple times this year. History says he may miss a game or two. Please try to remember the facts before drawing relatively unfounded conclusions.

I have to be a voice of reason in this thread. Ahmad Bradshaw has missed 12 games in six years, so 2 games/year on average. And in his last four seasons specifically (once he became a true time sharer), he missed 1, 0, 4, and 2 games respectively. He has played through injury in the past (pretty well, I might add). And he's only 27 years old with limited tread on his tires from being in RBBC situations with the Giants. Nobody can predict a player getting injured, despite how much history tells us it should happen. So all of this talk about Bradshaw not being able to last the year as lead back is downright ridiculous. He's on a pass-first team anyway, so I would expect him to see more than 20 carries in a game only a couple times this year. History says he may miss a game or two. Please try to remember the facts before drawing relatively unfounded conclusions.

I hear what you are saying, but (despite the arguments you make above) its also a fact the G-men let him go and (in so doing) left themselves with David Wilson and not much else. I believe I heard a stat during that first game that Eli has the next highest carry total after Wilson on that team coming into this season. That tells me something about how confident they were in Bradshaw holding up going forward. He has played through the bad foot/feet over the past few years but is seemingly constantly missing practice (and some games) because of it. Another season and that much more pounding? I just don't see that he's ever going to get/remain healthy and (at some point) he just wont be able to play effectively anymore. My money is on that happening much sooner than later so I have avoided him. He may certainly prove me wrong. Time will tell I guess.
  • Like 1

So you're saying Bradshaw has had this same foot issue for 6 years and he still missed just 2 games per season?

I think you might be the one that needs to remember facts before drawing relatively unfounded conclusions.

So Darin, it's reasonable to assume Bradshaw is going to lose his starting gig to injury or flat out miss enough of the season that we should be pumping Sherwin Williams? The common thread in posts has been he won't hold up. There's nothing in history that says he won't since he has missed little time overall. So tell me how my assertion is unfounded, please...