[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

L'veon Bell

Scorcher

Don't have him and he isn't on WW. THat said do you guys really think he will do well behind that o-line? He is a rookie and will be facing some pretty stout d's.I just don't see much success in his future this year. I see him having another injury because of a lack of lanes and protection.

I am not starting him this week, but I am planning some fairly aggressive trade attempts based on him providing solid depth as a flex guy for me before week 8.

If I can pull off these trades, my starting lineup will be much better but I will have no depth at RB other than him and FJax.

Watching him in college, he was mediocre or worse against decent or better Ds. He made his bones by beating up on the weaklings and then putting on a good show at the combine.

In the NFL where the difference between talent levels is much narrower, I think he's going to struggle. Behind PIT's O line, which is decidedly below average, I don't see how he puts up numbers that make him a regularly startable FF RB. We'll see. I've been wrong before.

Edited by Bronco Billy

PIT has a week 5 bye, just as much chance that he rests another week then comes back after the bye. Its not like him playing or not in week 4 is going to turn their season around, so why take any extra risk?

Personally I'd stay away from virtually all PIT offensive players. In a dynasty/keeper league I might have eyes on him for the future, but wouldn't be expecting much this season (or until the FF season is half over or more).

Here are my thoughts:

19 carries for 73 yards, 3 receptions for 22 yards. That's what Jonathan Dwyer and Felix Jones (combined) did against the Bears D the other night . . . the first night that PIT really seemed to open up the passing game.

Le'Veon Bell is (allegedly) a 3 down RB in PIT.

Le'Veon Bell is better than Jonathan Dwyer and Felix Jones (I mean, he can't be worse . . . can he?).

CHI D is letting up 3.5 ypc this year.

MIN D is letting up 4.4 ypc.

If there is any chance Bell gets 20 touches this week, I'm playing him . . . I think the guy is severely undervalued right now. I don't think he'll be a stud, but he'll be a very useful FLEX. So long as they continue to use the intermediate passing game to keep Ds honest, I think he'll be fine.

Here are my thoughts:

19 carries for 73 yards, 3 receptions for 22 yards. That's what Jonathan Dwyer and Felix Jones (combined) did against the Bears D the other night . . . the first night that PIT really seemed to open up the passing game.

Le'Veon Bell is (allegedly) a 3 down RB in PIT.

Le'Veon Bell is better than Jonathan Dwyer and Felix Jones (I mean, he can't be worse . . . can he?).

CHI D is letting up 3.5 ypc this year.

MIN D is letting up 4.4 ypc.

If there is any chance Bell gets 20 touches this week, I'm playing him . . . I think the guy is severely undervalued right now. I don't think he'll be a stud, but he'll be a very useful FLEX. So long as they continue to use the intermediate passing game to keep Ds honest, I think he'll be fine.

Insightful. I think this is relatively true except that Bell hasn't played at full speed for some time now and doesn't have any real pro experience. I'm waiting a week or two, but I think he'll be fine as well.

Being that Bell is a starting RB, and bye weeks are coming up, he has a lot of value in any every league. That being said, I hope to have R Bush and D Martin in my starting lineup this week but if Bush sits out, I may just have to play Bell (unless I get a RB off the waiver wire.) This is the week Pitt scores 30 points against a crappy D. I am feeling another huge game from Antonio Brown.