[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bernard break out next week?

kingsofromance

Fair enough. Its just that his touches were so low. I see him being more part of the offense moving forward. He looked like a real weapon last night.

I agree. DMD compared him to Spiller but he looked more like Doug Martin last night shifting through the line. Hope the Bengals give him more touches. He also looked open everytime he went out for a dump off pass but Dalton only went to him once on that TD play.

So 2 tds doesn't qualify as a breakout game?

Exactly and 27 touches to 50 for Law Firm shows his potential, but Green Bay's defense is a lot better.

100 total yards when getting about 1/3 of the touches is possible though.

They'll get wrecked by GB's offense and will be playing in catch-up/shootout mode most of the game. That's much more in Bernard's wheelhouse than BJGE's, so I'll be starting the former in the two leagues where I have him.

I'd call him Sproles Heavy (?), if anything in that range. He's a stronger, better b/w the tackles runner than Sproles and I doubt Dalton will ever dish it off as frequently as Brees does. I like him a lot next week but more because of the matchup than his actual situation on the RB depth chart.

Another factor is that GB run defense is actually doing well, it is the pass defense that is killing them.

How is the run defense doing well? Gore although with modest yardage numbers scored a rushing touchdown week 1 against them in week 2 here is Alfred Morris' line:

Morris 13 car, 107 yds, 0 tds

That over 100 yards on only 13 carries.

I like the matchup this week.

Edited by kingsofromance

There's a decent little yahoo blurb this morning that sums up the situation nicely: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/fantasy-roto-arcade/expect-not-expect-giovani-bernard-monday-two-td-150514731--nfl.html

Bernard isn't going to suddenly become an RB1 with the Law Firm still around.

I have Bernard and I agree but I have also seen Lawfirm leave plenty of games in New England if my memory serves me correct....now he plays the next game so the numbers won't show this but I also wonder how he holds up in a more physical role in Cincy than how he was asked to run in NE.....but maybe that is just my perception..

I have Bernard and I agree but I have also seen Lawfirm leave plenty of games in New England if my memory serves me correct....now he plays the next game so the numbers won't show this but I also wonder how he holds up in a more physical role in Cincy than how he was asked to run in NE.....but maybe that is just my perception..

BGE started 15 games for CIN last year, and played in all 16, with 278 rushes for almost 1100 yards and 20+ receptions for another 100 yards. I'd say he held up pretty well then, other than being a year older what has changed?

Concur with Bernard getting more touches against GB. That's why I have him plugged in for the first time in my Flex. I suspect the Bengals will try to slow the game down and use BJGE early in the game to keep the GB offense off the field. However, if they get behind early, they're going to have to open it up and keep Bernard on the field.

It seemed like they were rotating series last night and then after the TD catch, Gio came right back in, breaking the cycle. Then, CIN picked-off Big Ben and they were in clock killing mode, so BJGE got the carries to close it out. I think Bernard starts to take more series away from BJGE (2-1, maybe), but BJGE will be the closer when they have a lead. Bernard is WAY more suited for this offense. Spread them out and play in space.

Edited by The Next Generation

i like this arrangment, give the tough yards to bjge and expose that injury risk to him and allow gio to gobble up yards in space and get some long touchdowns. This will only get better as the season goes on and he carves out a larger role for himself. It might be too early to be thinking fantasy playoffs but weeks 14-16 colts/steelers/vikings, we know the colts are a soft run d, he did pretty well against the steelers last night, and i hate to say it but the vikings run defense isn't what it used to be a couple years ago.

BGE started 15 games for CIN last year, and played in all 16, with 278 rushes for almost 1100 yards and 20+ receptions for another 100 yards. I'd say he held up pretty well then, other than being a year older what has changed?

I am not sure if you are sure of what I was saying...even prior to his tenure in Cincy did he not have a tendancy to leave games? I need a pats homer here..one season does not make a trend

I am not sure if you are sure of what I was saying...even prior to his tenure in Cincy did he not have a tendancy to leave games? I need a pats homer here..one season does not make a trend

Because of injury? No

How is the run defense doing well? Gore although with modest yardage numbers scored a rushing touchdown week 1 against them in week 2 here is Alfred Morris' line:

Morris 13 car, 107 yds, 0 tds

That over 100 yards on only 13 carries.

I like the matchup this week.

Running against a team playing dime defense with a huge lead doesn't exactly prove their run defense is not stout. The Packers wanted them to run.

• Like 1