[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trent Richardson acquired by COLTS

keggerz

WOW. TR owners rejoice. Don't remember a team trading their starting RB in his second year to another team. Very nice move by Indy. Cant figure how the deal make sense for the Browns though. I mean you have to think TR makes INdy a lock for the playoffs thus dropping your potential pick to low 20's. There has to be more. Trading a seasoned 1st rounder for a rookie straight up doesn't make a lot of sense. Browns got fleeced at first glance.

Edited by Cowboyz1

Here's my plan: we're going to trade the #3 pick in the draft for the #twentysomething pick in the draft straight up, even after the #3 pick has shown a great deal of potential. This is going to make us a better team. How I don't know - but that's what we'll sell it as.

Seriously, if I was a Browns fan and lived in Cleveland I'd pick up the torch and pitchfork and head straight for team headquarters. Unless they know something the Colts don't know, I really don't get this at all.

Here's my plan: we're going to trade the #3 pick in the draft for the #twentysomething pick in the draft straight up, even after the #3 pick has shown a great deal of potential. This is going to make us a better team. How I don't know - but that's what we'll sell it as.

Seriously, if I was a Browns fan and lived in Cleveland I'd pick up the torch and pitchfork and head straight for team headquarters. Unless they know something the Colts don't know, I really don't get this at all.

Look at my previous post above.

In 2008 the Vikings started 0-2 and Tavaris Jackson and Gus Frerotte were their top 2 QBs...Using hindsight, would Vikings fans trade Peterson after two weeks and then use pick 22(Harvin) plus the 1st they got to draft Stafford? Of course 22 would have been likely higher and without AP they most likely don't make the playoffs.

But they haven't had a QB. The Colts do.

But the Browns don't. And that's the point. I personally don't get it, but they clearly feel they can use that #1 on making damn sure they get a franchise QB. There are a ton of high-caliber RB's that should be available in the draft next year, and some of them will get pushed into the 2nd/3rd round like Ball and Lacy were.

They probably figure that by the time they get a franchise QB and get him up to speed they will have burned TR up, ala the Vikings with Peterson, so they are looking to get as much value for him now as they can and put other pieces in place.

But the Browns don't. And that's the point. I personally don't get it, but they clearly feel they can use that #1 on making damn sure they get a franchise QB. There are a ton of high-caliber RB's that should be available in the draft next year, and some of them will get pushed into the 2nd/3rd round like Ball and Lacy were.

They probably figure that by the time they get a franchise QB and get him up to speed they will have burned TR up, ala the Vikings with Peterson, so they are looking to get as much value for him now as they can and put other pieces in place.

Winner!

Winner!

I understand the thinking, but the Browns would have had a high first rounder to use on a QB anyway, and TRich had already proven he didn't suck. That's a lot in the NFL. Now their rookie QB will have to play with a rookie RB who may or may not pan out. Seems like it makes it harder on their franchise rookie QB to me, but I guess we will all have to wait and see.

So...pairing your first round QB next year with a 23 year old RB is a bad thing?

I look at rbs from a mileage standpoint rather than age...I was all over Priest Holmes when he went to KC because he didn't have much tread on his tires..

You want to get a young qb with a vet rb and then add in the young rb because they tend to hit the ground running