[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trent Richardson acquired by COLTS

keggerz

you can only have 10 draft picks before the draft starts, what didn't you understand?

The 49ers had 13 picks last year and the Ravens had 12, so that can't be an actual NFL rule. Source please.

Edited by flemingd

I can't decide if this is better or worse for TRich in FF for this season. I get the whole 'part of a better offense' thing, but Bradshaw is no slouch. I was just watching the 30 min replay of the colts game today and thinking he looked pretty damn good vs Miami. I was actually starting to construct trade possibilities in my mind to acquire him until this TRich news broke.

I think long term, this is a good thing for Trent's FF numbers, but I don't think that Bradshaw goes right to the bench. I definitely think that a timeshare is a strong likelihood.

before the draft you can only have 10, you can trade during the draft to get more.

They had 13 and 12 respectively before the draft. Source please.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Ravens-Bolster-Draft-Picks-To-12/12408d68-43a9-4c68-b032-19f0d35ecf70

Baltimore will enter the NFL draft on April 25th with a whopping 12 draft picks, a 50 percent increase from the eight they previously had.

• Like 1

I think there is actually a decent chance the Colts got completely fleeced here. They just gave a first round pick for a young back that was supposed to be NFL ready, that has averaged 3.5 YPC in his young career for a team that has a line with much better run blocking than theirs. I'm not saying either way here, but if you would read through this thread, you would think they just acquired a perennial all-pro. If he doesn't get significantly better, this move could keep the Colts from improving, not cause them to.

I think you cannot undervalue the difference between playing for CLE where stacking against the run was easy to do because Richardson was the biggest threat, and playing for IND where the defense is not likely to stack the line. That makes a big difference. We'll see, but I would always prefer the lesser line in the better offense that the defense won't committ #1 to stopping the RB against being the prime target no matter what.

why trade a guy right before he even touches his prime?!? for a late 1st rounder?!!? just wow

While true, they now get to trade up. They can trade away a draft pick to move up in the draft if they feel its necessary.

Edited by Anthrax1

I just don't see how there wasn't another team out there willing to give up more.

A first and a fourth? A first and a third?

No so sure. I think what sealed the deal was Ballard going down for the year. Most everyone else has RBs. Some are hurt, but most are expected to come back at some point. I don't think Bradshaw was ever intended to be their full time starter. So, with TR being their best option to get another first round, Indy turned out to be their best choice. I doubt with everyone having starters (even if they were hurt) they would have been willing to give up two draft picks for TR.

I realize he's still a kid, but is it possible that the Browns know something about Richardson that nobody else does? Maybe he's not the future stud everybody wants to think he is? He had decent fantasy number last year by they were strictly volume based - his peripheral stats were mediocre last year (and this year)

I realize he's still a kid, but is it possible that the Browns know something about Richardson that nobody else does? Maybe he's not the future stud everybody wants to think he is? He had decent fantasy number last year by they were strictly volume based - his peripheral stats were mediocre last year (and this year)

This is certainly possible but it is equally likely, IMO, that what we have here is yet another example of an egomaniac GM who thinks that he's in sole possesion of the light, wisdom, and truth of NFL scouting and wants it done his way - plain and simple. Why build off the previous guy when you can blow it up and start over?

What's that - you say we've been blowing it up and starting over since 1999? Hmm....

• Like 1

Ok so if the target is Teddy Bridgewater, what happens if the Jaguars finish with the worst record? Yeah, it's great Cleveland has two first round draft picks . . . maybe even the second overall . . . but that doesn't necessarily mean they can trade up to number one.

As a Browns fan I am totally pissed. All the rationalization and talk of future plans for 2014 mean nothing. We've been hearing that since 99, its always next year, just now we're saying it in chivesing week 3. Trading away a known commodity for a draft pick that can crap out is crazy. They were already going to have a top 5 pick in 2014, the Colts likely bottom half/third of the draft pick isn't going to make a huge difference in who they can get.

I understand we need a QB, and probably need to get one from the draft.

If I were a season ticket holder I wouldn't renew after this year, and I suspect that will happen with a lot of folks. I'm also not sure how I can continue to follow this team this year while they throw in the towel. (Already have rumors that Gordon could be traded, why not Joe Thomas and Joe Haden too.)

For those acting like TRich isn't that good because of his stats/injuries, read DMD's post and watch his career going forward. The Browns were fleeced, and the GM is an egomaniac who doesn't want any players he didn't draft.

:bag:

They had 13 and 12 respectively before the draft. Source please.

http://www.baltimore...32-19f0d35ecf70

Baltimore will enter the NFL draft on April 25th with a whopping 12 draft picks, a 50 percent increase from the eight they previously had.

I never heard of such a rule before. Maybe before the comp picks are included? (There are a max of 4 comp picks per team given out and with 7 regular picks that alone puts you over 10). And i could not find a reliable link stating such a rule.

Even if there is such a rule, CLE could have offered their 7th as a throw in to get another higher pick added.

I can't decide if this is better or worse for TRich in FF for this season. I get the whole 'part of a better offense' thing, but Bradshaw is no slouch. I was just watching the 30 min replay of the colts game today and thinking he looked pretty damn good vs Miami. I was actually starting to construct trade possibilities in my mind to acquire him until this TRich news broke.

I think long term, this is a good thing for Trent's FF numbers, but I don't think that Bradshaw goes right to the bench. I definitely think that a timeshare is a strong likelihood.

I don't think the Colts would have gone through this if they were sold on Bradshaw. This isn't just some FA signing they did after Ballard went down.

Ok so if the target is Teddy Bridgewater, what happens if the Jaguars finish with the worst record? Yeah, it's great Cleveland has two first round draft picks . . . maybe even the second overall . . . but that doesn't necessarily mean they can trade up to number one.

Then they draft Clowney and sign Freeman as a FA, them use the second 1st rounder, the later one, on a top RB.

I don't see the problem

Then they draft Clowney and sign Freeman as a FA, them use the second 1st rounder, the later one, on a top RB.

I don't see the problem

yeah, cause Freeman is a franchise QB. I think they would draft a QB with that 2nd 1st round pick.