[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trent Richardson acquired by COLTS

keggerz

Didn't I answer that already?

Not that I saw, but maybe I wasn't clear. I didn't see the TD run, so was wondering why Brown got the carry and not Richardson? It was a 3 yarder, so why wasn't Richardson in on the goal line? Or was he, dual-RB look, and they just gave it to Brown?

4th quarter

• 1-10-IND 27(6:38) (Shotgun) 34-T.Richardson up the middle to IND 31 for 4 yards (92-B.Mebane; 31-K.Chancellor).

• 2-6-IND 31(5:52) (Shotgun) 12-A.Luck pass deep left to 87-R.Wayne pushed ob at 50 for 19 yards (28-W.Thurmond).

• 1-10-(5:21) (Shotgun) 34-T.Richardson left guard to SEA 45 for 5 yards (50-K.Wright; 31-K.Chancellor).

• 2-5-SEA 45(4:34) (Shotgun) 12-A.Luck pass incomplete short right to 81-D.Heyward-Bey.

• 3-5-SEA 45(4:30) 34-T.Richardson left tackle to SEA 35 for 10 yards (29-E.Thomas).

• 1-10-SEA 35(3:44) (Run formation) 34-T.Richardson up the middle to SEA 31 for 4 yards (79-R.Bryant; 50-K.Wright). IND - Reitz (#76) reports as eligible

• 2-6-SEA 31(2:59) (Run formation) 34-T.Richardson up the middle to SEA 34 for -3 yards (72-M.Bennett; 50-K.Wright). IND - Reitz (#76) reports as eligible

Colts were able to take 4:43 off the clock and kick a FG in a game where they were up by three points.

Edited by CaptainHook

Really, what do you think they be without him? I don't think he's been the difference between a W and L in any of his 3 Colts games.

Who would be their running back the last two weeks?

Donald Brown. Seriously? Teams wouldn't even need to play the run.

Edited by CaptainHook

You're suggesting some random couldn't have gone 20 for 60 the last 3 weeks?

Trent gets way too much cred.

Yes, that's exactly what I'm telling you. The Colts could not have picked up a street free agent and started him at running back. Hard to believe, I know.

Well thats pretty much irrefutable then isn't it?

You gotta be kidding me. Bradshaw carried the load against SF, and my flag football team could have taken care of Jax. So your street free agent would have had 3 weeks to learn the offense for a big 3ypc and pass protection day this week.

Yep. I'm sure they could have done what Trent did on the last drive too. Who would you recommend?

I'm willing to say, without TR, the Colts would not have beat the Seahawks today. :shrug:

Edited by CaptainHook

I think you guys are misunderstanding what I'm saying. Richardson has not been anything more than average so far. But without that average back, the Colts would be in trouble. They'd be an extremely one dimensional team, instead of a team that was the #4 rushing team in the NFL. They'd be down their top 2 backs to possibly season-ending injuries. And they'd have to completely change their offense, which has placed more of an emphasis on running the ball.

Edited by CaptainHook

they're winning games but I still don't understand drafting Luck ..who did great in his rokkie season..and then changing to a run heavy O

Offensive line isn't good enough for Luck to stand back in the pocket and throw 40 times per game. The Colts center and right guard are both below average. Luck really took a beating last year.

It really hurt losing guard Daniel Thomas for the year to a torn quadriceps. He had been playing pretty well. It would have allowed Hugh Thornton to take Mike McGlynn's spot. McGlynn is not good. But he might be a better center than the current one, Samson Satele. The other huge loss is TE Dwayne Allen. Not only is he a very good receiver, he is a stone cold stud on the edge. Add in the fact the Colts starting FB Stanley Havili missed this game as well.