[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Josh Gordon is Back.. Now What?

Grenaid

I don't know. I targeted Gordon but didn't get him. No way I drop him AFTER he serves his suspension without seeing him play. Overthinkong for anyone who dropped him this week IMO

The point was that people didn't take him with the plan to drop him. If they did drop him, they did it because they felt they had to or that someone else had more upside like Royal/Hopkins/Marlon Brown.

Whatever the result, Gordon ended up proving the majority of us wrong, whether we benched him or dropped him or whatever. Hoyer wasn't too bad out there and made some darn good plays for a 3rd stringer originally. Maybe it was because nobody expected Gordon to be a big threat, so they played loose coverage on him or whatever. Yes, the Vikes defense isn't that great either, but Josh still has it. In the meantime, we can all start him with confidence and hope to jesus he gets traded to a better team in need.

No one planned that, duh. They dropped him because things changed. A backup QB, the "stud" RB that forced 8 man fronts, maybe injuries on their roster that made him a luxury they couldn't afford. That can't be that hard to extrapolate out.

I don't think that the poster really meant they planned that. But not even giving him one game to play, 3rd string QB, lost top RB, whatever. People overreacted, would like to see what kind of player they added when dropping him.

As far as his big game, the MIN secondary was bad to start, then they lost a CB in the 1Q. Sure Gordon could post better stats on another team, but I doubt he gets traded. Another game or two should give a more clear picture of his value the rest of the season.

• Like 1

So per rotoworld Josh Gordon is on the trade market, who is the best fit?

For me it has to be the Eagles, they lack a true WR#2 and would be a nice young piece to grow with Chip Kelly.

Patriots would also be good but not sure how they feel about their rookie WR's.

For me it has to be the Eagles, they lack a true WR#2 and would be a nice young piece to grow with Chip Kelly.

He's not be traded, the team told us so. Of course had we asked last Monday if they were trading Trent Richardson I bet they would have denied. (But I do believe them this time.)

http://www.ohio.com/blogs/cleveland-browns/cleveland-browns-1.270107/browns-notes-coach-rob-chudzinski-says-team-has-no-plans-to-trade-wrs-josh-gordon-greg-little-1.431231

I don't understand why people even drafted Gordon if they were planned on dropping him before one game? He's going to be monster all year long.

I dropped him because I needed to free up a spot on my bench and was planning to pick him back up next week. I thought it was extremely unlikely he would have a big game with a 3rd string QB starting, Richardson gone, Browns offense being horrible the first two weeks. Until I heard a 3rd string QB was starting I was planning to wait and see how Gordon would perform...

Sucks.

Edited by Ron677

Gordon would be the clear #1 in Philly. Desean would have to move his skinny ass to the slot.

• Like 1

Carolina needs Gordon.

Can you imagine him opposite Marshall in Chicago, AJ Green in Cincinnati or *shudder* Calvin in Detroit?

The Steelers need a bona fide #1. Despite last night Brown still isn't it, imo.

The Patriots won't trade for him because it'd be admitting they suck at drafting WRs(even though everyone knows they do).

He'd be awesome in New Orleans, a successor to Colston, but Brees would still only throw TDs to chivesing Graham.

I'd be scared as a Seahawk fan if the Niners nabbed him(as long as they kept him and Aldon from hanging together).

That said, watch the Broncos, Falcons or Packers make a deal for an embarrassment of WR wealth.

lol picked up Gordon back in the league i dropped him in, now i have Gordon in all three leagues. Can't believe i was dumb enough to drop him and chose him over TY hilton who i suspect will lose value with the colts idea to run the ball more.

Same I had 8th waiver and somehow everyone ahead of me was sleeping on him so I got him back.

I'm playing him this week. Picked him up off the wire last week for Leonard Hankerson, and played him - glad I did.

Then this week I traded Dwayne Bowe off for a badly-needed RB (Snelling) - I figure Gordon's got a lot more upside potential than Bowe ever will, so Bowe is out the door...