[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Aldon Smith: Knucklehead

MTSuper7

Shame on the 49ers for not doing the right thing and suspending him... What kind of message does that send?

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/aldon-smith-returns-practice

Um ya he's a dipchives but jeez man give the organization a moment to collect there thoughts and dish out the punishment. It literally just happened so how about we wait and see before we shame anyone yet except smith.

Really? You don't think sending him home immediately is the right call? They can collect their thoughts without him at practice. Winning is more important. That's all it says.

Not saying I agree with letting him practice that day but maybe they wanted him at the facility to have the face to face. I don't know I wasn't there and neither were you. So I will wait and see if they do the right thing and sit him this Sunday. If not then ya I will be a little disappointed in the Niners. But hey in this pro sports world these days noones a saint and nothing surprises me anymore. It's truly a sad sad thing watching all these kids chives everything up time and time again.

Sure, he'll get suspended BB. No question. But under the circumstances, the team should show everyone that behavior like Smith's is unacceptable to team standards. Playing him this Sunday just feels wrong. But the rules say he can, and he is a difference maker. I just don't like the message it sends on what is more important in life.

Sure, he'll get suspended BB. No question. But under the circumstances, the team should show everyone that behavior like Smith's is unacceptable to team standards. Playing him this Sunday just feels wrong. But the rules say he can, and he is a difference maker. I just don't like the message it sends on what is more important in life.

Well, fans have every right to show their disapproval. Don't purchase tickets and SF merchandise. Really want to make a statement? Have a bunch of people who bought tickets to SF's next home game agree to eat the cost and not show up. Empty seats make an impact, especially when it is tied specifically to a publicly stated cause.

How many SF fans do you think will act to send that message?

You guys do understand there is a CBA right? The league is going to let the legal work first, then most likely will act.

This.... And everyone acting like its the first time anything like this has ever happened is baffling. I mean people play through there "APPEAL" of wrong doings all the time. Hell Marshawn Lynch has a pending trial that miraculously keeps getting pushed back for a DUI he had a year ago. No one seems to worried about Carroll making a point of his STAR RB before anything is forced to happen. Isn't it the norm these days to bend said rules until the league mandates the suspension. :shrug:

In following the above link, I was struck by this line from reports on his earlier arrest in conjunction with a party he threw:

"Smith's defense claims in the legal filing, plaintiff Ronndale Esporlas, who was a victim of a shooting, knew the dangers and risks he was taking when he attended the party. Conant also wrote injuries and damages were caused by persons other than Smith."

Guy shoulda known there was going to be shooting at the party and he might get shot!

:rolleyes:

You guys do understand there is a CBA right? The league is going to let the legal work first, then most likely will act.

Absolutely, the Continental Basketball Association is still flexing it's muscles after all these years. They protect their own. The NFL should take note.

Aldon's locker was cleaned out and he was heading to rehab according to published reports following SF's Week 3 loss to the Colts.

Well hopefully for his sake he takes care of his demons. I've seen people go through this and it is a terrible ordeal. Football is just a game who cares... Go get some help young man

I'm curious to see if he plays the week after next. If so they scheduled him to get well in 10 days. That would be the ultimate BS. He better be gone at least a month. It will take that long to get him the help he really needs. If he's back after then Thursday game then this is all about mitigating his fate with the league and nothing to do with him as a human being in trouble of losing his life. We'll see but I smell a corporate ruse. I hope not.

I'm curious to see if he plays the week after next. If so they scheduled him to get well in 10 days. That would be the ultimate BS. He better be gone at least a month. It will take that long to get him the help he really needs. If he's back after then Thursday game then this is all about mitigating his fate with the league and nothing to do with him as a human being in trouble of losing his life. We'll see but I smell a corporate ruse. I hope not.

Slip misses your overwhelming homerism he asked me if you'd please come back and leave this one to the gods...

TIA Signed Slip