[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Stevan Ridley

westdeerwarrior

I never liked Ridely and didn't draft him on one team. Conversely, I loved Vereen and tried to get him on as many teams as I could and then he got hurt. Sucks!

It will be interesting to see how Ridley does against Atlanta next week, but I'm viewing him as a possible buy-low candidate. He had a nice game going against the Bills (had he not fumbled it), but the Jets and Bucs have done a pretty good job against running backs this season so far. Saying that, I'm looking at his schedule coming ahead and it looks brutal (NYJ, MIA twice, CAR, DEN, HOU, CIN, CLE, PIT to include 9 out of the next 11 games). Doesn't look like it will be getting much easier.

Hindsight is 20/20. Dude has talent and hopefully won't Moreno-out on the Pats. But Vereen outplayed him and Bolden looks good too. Looks like a classic RBBC this year but Ridley does have talent and is still progressing...don't bash him just yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Hindsight is 20/20. Dude has talent and hopefully won't Moreno-out on the Pats. But Vereen outplayed him and Bolden looks good too. Looks like a classic RBBC this year but Ridley does have talent and is still progressing...don't bash him just yet.

Is it time yet? I hope you're right bostonsoxandy'.

On the one team I have him on, he is now a bye week fill-in unless he turns things around. Fortunately I drafted him as my RB2, so I wasn't wholly dependent on him to carry me at that position. I'll probably be rotating in Lacy/Woodhead in the meantime to fill that spot. Drafted Charles as my RB1.

I had Vareen to start the year and after the first game swung a deal for Ridley. Figured NE would run like crazy and I would be all set. Then Vareen gets hurt and Ridley tanks. Thankfully, I have Charles as my #1 RB. I hope when Vareen comes back, he is as good as when he got hurt.

I really think he will be ok this weekend. I think Blount could see as many as 15 touches and that translates into about 60 yards as a possible TD in my opinion.

Ridley will absolutely be back I totally agree Blounts value is very short term but definitely ok for this week.

Tampa homer here. Last year, Blount somehow got on the wrong side of "Coach" Grand Piano, go figure, and was given bus fare (with transfer) to Tampa International Airport.

You'll recall in 2010 and 2011 Blount was an above average bell cow for the Bucs. He wound up in NE without much fanfare. BUT we all know Coach BB doesn't tolerate fools and dead roster spots. Blount is a classic load and can pound it with the best of them. Given a close game, which I believe this weekend's game vs Cincy will be, BB will ride Blount.

As Grandma blurted out while watching Sanchez last Thanksgiving, "Oy vey, so he sometimes fumbles?, like you never spilled your soup!"

Ridley-shmidly, I predict Blount goes 22-71 and 1 TD. With the sorry state of RB's these days, I'll take that.

The Pats will learn soon enough why everyone else passed on Blount. Ridley will be back.

Who exactly passed on Blount? He came to NE in a TRADE! I have been saying this for about a month. Blount will win the job out right and be a serviceable RB2 great RB3 bye week filler.

Blount breaks 100 COMBINED YARDS this week and a TD.

Edited by kingsofromance

via Rotoworld

Stevan Ridley (thigh/knee) has been ruled out for Week 5 at Cincinnati.

Patriots beat writers were surprised Ridley was on the injury report at all to open the week. It became clearer and clearer he wasn't going to face the Bengals when he missed practice each day. Fantasy owners should hang onto Ridley in hopes of a return in a week or two; reports indicate his injury is not a long-term deal. LeGarrette Blount will stand in as New England's early-down pounder, with banged-up Brandon Bolden handling the "passing back" role.