[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The old school drop back qb

whomper

NFL speaking. I will take a traditional drop back qb all day long over these running ones. Dont get me wrong, the ability to scramble certainly helps. When I say running I mean the RG111 types. I just feel that the body isnt made to last at this level if that is how you are going to play the qb position. RG111 is already all banged up. Pryor is hearing the mountain climber song from the price is right in his head right now after the shot he took last night. When you count on your legs as much as or more than your arm in this league, its going to catch up to you. They may make a highlight reel and electrify but long term, they are going to break down. Look back at all the superbowl winning QB's and you wont find many that made a living running .

Edited by whomper

I think the best type of quarterback nowadays would be an Andrew Luck type. He's a traditional drop back passer, but very athletic and mobile if need be.

exactly. A guy that can be elusive and scramble when needed but isn't going to run options etc.

Not sure anyone would argue against this. It's quite obvious why traditional QBs stand upright longer in-season/career because they're taking less hits. Vick gets hurt every game. EVERY game. Only outlier to this so far has been Newton, but he's also built like a LB.

Of course you'd rather have Rodgers over RG3 or Kaep.. legs compensate for passer shortcomings. Not sure how much discussion could be made from this topic lol

NFL speaking. I will take a traditional drop back qb all day long over these running ones. Dont get me wrong, the ability to scramble certainly helps. When I say running I mean the RG111 types. I just feel that the body isnt made to last at this level if that is how you are going to play the qb position. RG111 is already all banged up. Pryor is hearing the mountain climber song from the price is right in his head right now after the shot he took last night. When you count on your legs as much as or more than your arm in this league, its going to catch up to you. They may make a highlight reel and electrify but long term, they are going to break down. Look back at all the superbowl winning QB's and you wont find many that made a living running .

:rofl: