[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Why is the Texans D still ranked highly?

Endzone Is Near

Must be their easy matchup against Lynch, Wilson and the Seahawks this weekend.

Ha!

Even though they have given up some points and yards of late, it doesn't change the fact that they have serious playmakers at every level, including JJ Watt, arguably the best defensive player in the league today. I figure they will come around at some point.

Ha!

Even though they have given up some points and yards of late, it doesn't change the fact that they have serious playmakers at every level, including JJ Watt, arguably the best defensive player in the league today. I figure they will come around at some point.

Exactly, most team defense scoring is for turnovers and sacks, and maybe something for points allowed. (Varies from league to league.) They haven't been putting up big points yet, but the experts figure that will change. Ed Reed just returned last week, and JJ Watt is a beast.

Houston is annoying the hell out of me...but thankfully the Ravens (who I also picked) has picked up the slack since Peyton diced them up. But KC is off the vine in my league so I need to wait around for the Texans to get it together. I don't stream defenses unless it's a bye week so it's Ravens and Texans or bust for me.

Houston is annoying the hell out of me...but thankfully the Ravens (who I also picked) has picked up the slack since Peyton diced them up. But KC is off the vine in my league so I need to wait around for the Texans to get it together. I don't stream defenses unless it's a bye week so it's Ravens and Texans or bust for me.

I'm pretty much the same. Only difference is I've gone with Houston all 3 weeks now. 7, 8, and 0 points respectively. After that goose egg, I'm forced to drop my backup QB in order to make room for another defense to play this week. I don't plan on dropping Houston, but man I hate wasting a roster spot on an extra DST.

Team defense is a very hard position to predict, since scoring D is just one component of a high scoring defense.

What you're looking for is teams that can get turnovers and sacks and take it to the house. While the Texans haven't shown that yet, they're still a strong bet to start coming on strong with all of their playmakers, while some of the hot flavors of the week right now might not be able to sustain it.

Though KC is of course an underrated defense. I've said since last preseason that they had all the pieces, they just didn't have a QB before Smith.

• Like 1

Great post DOG. You also need to discount the def TD quite a bit, unless they happen a lot. Like the Bears, they seem to have a real knack for getting the ball into the EZ after a pick or fumble recovery.

I chased the Vikings D last week dropping PIT, figuring the Browns would be pretty bad. It did work out, a few more points in my favor, but MIN defense was hardly stout in preventing points or yards, but did get turnovers (4) and sacks (3) that I wasn't counting on PIT to get.