[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Deandre Hopkins vs Seattle Corners

Team Archer

The only one is Brandon Marshall. He lit them up last year. Cutler decided to throw to him every play and they got hot.

Besides that, the only guys to have any success at all were undersized/slot guys. Welker, Bess, Titus Young of all people, and now Shorts.

The Hawks shut down Calvin, Fitz twice, Dez Bryant, Crabtree, the GB receivers, Steve Smith a few times, Boldin, Julio, Roddy White for the most part, and probably a few others.

Now the kid will probably go off, but I just keep seeing him an Brandon Browner having a game-long wrestling match in my head.

Thanks - good info. Just a really fun defense to watch.

What do y'all think of this?

Per Rotoworld:

Texans coach Gary Kubiak confirmed after Friday's practice he expects Andre Johnson (shin) to start in Week 4 against Seattle.

Kubiak indicated Johnson looked good in Friday's workout. He made progress every day this week. Johnson runs most of his routes against right cornerbacks and over the middle, so he's likely to avoid LCB Richard Sherman's coverage on most of Sunday's snaps, instead squaring off with RCB Brandon Browner. Browner is no slouch, but a 90- or 100-percent Johnson should be viewed as a WR2 in Week 4. DeAndre Hopkins is more likely to land on Sherman Island.

What do y'all think of this?

Per Rotoworld:

Texans coach Gary Kubiak confirmed after Friday's practice he expects Andre Johnson (shin) to start in Week 4 against Seattle.

Kubiak indicated Johnson looked good in Friday's workout. He made progress every day this week. Johnson runs most of his routes against right cornerbacks and over the middle, so he's likely to avoid LCB Richard Sherman's coverage on most of Sunday's snaps, instead squaring off with RCB Brandon Browner. Browner is no slouch, but a 90- or 100-percent Johnson should be viewed as a WR2 in Week 4. DeAndre Hopkins is more likely to land on Sherman Island.

Johnson is the X, Hopkins is the Y, is he not? I don't see the Hawks sending Sherman to follow anybody around. I still think Hopkins ends up with Browner most of the day. Whether or not Johnson plays, I still believe Hopkins stays at the Y. I don't think Johnson coming back changes anything. Sherman doesn't have an island, he has a hemisphere.

Johnson is the X, Hopkins is the Y, is he not? I don't see the Hawks sending Sherman to follow anybody around. I still think Hopkins ends up with Browner most of the day. Whether or not Johnson plays, I still believe Hopkins stays at the Y. I don't think Johnson coming back changes anything. Sherman doesn't have an island, he has a hemisphere.

Do you mean Z instead of Y? I always understood the Y position as being the tight end. :shrug:

Do you mean Z instead of Y? I always understood the Y position as being the tight end. :shrug:

That is usually correct.